Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Ughh... Zach get over it. It was a great deal.
Im just not sold on Peavy being the missing piece. Last year and this year was rebuilding for us, clearing cap and getting young guys chance to shine. Now we ship off an awesome defensive SS for a pitcher whose giving gopher balls and not durable, and still owe him 15 mil next year?

Keep in mind I am also big in building through the farm system, and using FA to get missing pieces, not key players.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, you're a fan of the wrong team then.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To those of you complaining about losing a few games:
At least your teams can execute a simple run-down that a bunch of 7 year olds can figure out. At least your teams don't routinely **** over the starting pitchers with no run support and godawful defense. At least your teams can hold onto a 2 run lead in the 9th. At least your teams don't invent new ways to lose every ******* week. At least your teams don't make the same damn mistakes over and over again, with no changes from the coaching staff. At least your players want to show up at the ballpark.
I'm pretty sure I missed a few things. I need to go to sleep soon.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well, you're a fan of the wrong team then.
Guys who came up through the farm system to play for the Red Sox this year:

Dustin Pedroia (2004)
Will Middlebrooks (2007)
Jacoby Ellsbury (2005)
Jose Iglesias (2009)
Jackie Bradley Jr (2011)
Ryan Lavarnway(2008)
Jon Lester (2002)
Clay Buchholz (2005)
Daniel Bard (2006)

Not to mention a few call ups too. If a 3rd of the team is through the farm system, I think we shoulda just kept going. With Boegarts and maybe two more ready by next season I didnt think we would be that outta it.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well obviously you haven't signed all of your players from FA. The point is you're the Red Sox in the division lead, why you're surprised that they went out and added a piece? They gave up a defensive short stop for a veteran arm. They did exactly what you said you like, using trades and FA to add a missing piece. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well obviously you haven't signed all of your players from FA. The point is you're the Red Sox in the division lead, why you're surprised that they went out and added a piece? They gave up a defensive short stop for a veteran arm. They did exactly what you said you like, using trades and FA to add a missing piece. Seems pretty reasonable to me.
I understand the need of the move, that part is easy. Just don't think in the end it will be for the better.

I also thought Montas couldve been a shexy closer.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
At least your teams can execute a simple run-down that a bunch of 7 year olds can figure out. At least your teams don't routinely **** over the starting pitchers with no run support and godawful defense. At least your teams can hold onto a 2 run lead in the 9th. At least your teams don't invent new ways to lose every ******* week. At least your teams don't make the same damn mistakes over and over again, with no changes from the coaching staff. At least your players want to show up at the ballpark.
I'm going to go ahead and complain about winning 8 in a row and not gaining any ground in the weakest division in baseball.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolDodgers. That was a sweet error.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
You forgot "at least your teams don't have more errors now than they had all of last season" which is my favorite.

This season has been a success for the Cubs not only be cause of some of the moves they made and because they are much more competitive that anyone thought they would be, but because somehow they threw out a AAA team and aren't the worst team in Chicago.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You forgot "at least your teams don't have more errors now than they had all of last season" which is my favorite.

This season has been a success for the Cubs not only be cause of some of the moves they made and because they are much more competitive that anyone thought they would be, but because somehow they threw out a AAA team and aren't the worst team in Chicago.
Careless of me, but then again, I should have gone to sleep at that time. I think they had more errors in the first half alone. But it isn't all bad, the Barons have been pretty promising this year in AA.
I think Dale Sveum is doing a pretty good job. Epstein and Hoyer were able to patch together the lineup through free agency, while getting improvements from the starting pitching and the bullpen. Despite Castro having his struggles this year, they are able to score runs. I'm surprised Schierholtz is still there after the deadline, but he's been pretty steady. Lake has also become a big part of the lineup. Despite playing in a division with three world series contenders, the Cubs have done all right for themselves.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also somewhat surprised they didn't deal Schierholtz. He's having a decent year and is hitting really well right now (without looking up his numbers), so I would have thought they would try to sell high on him. Maybe because he's only on a one year deal and teams aren't really buying into his bat, they weren't really going to get anything worthwhile for him. Who knows.

I think Hahn and the Sox just took too long to accept their situation, if they have even accepted it. It seemed like they still considered themselves contenders this season and beyond, or otherwise were just acting to try and draw more interest in trades. The return for Peavy was pretty good and it's a shame Crain got hurt when he did.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Royals picked up a half game on the Tigers today... I guess that's something.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yu Darvish got to start both games of a 2 game series vs AZ

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Michael Young's fielding error lead to the Giants winning was, well, doubly satisfying.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:19 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Phillies.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (0-0)
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:31 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa must be tad bit disgusted with the Seattle bullpen tonite.

Up 7-2 going into 9th.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to get out of Pittsburgh at least with one victory under our belt. Could of won 3 of the 5 games. I know I know, should of, would of, could of.

Stadium was electric all 5 games. I hope to make it down their in the future.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:30 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Tampa must be tad bit disgusted with the Seattle bullpen tonite.

Up 7-2 going into 9th.
That was awesome.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the month where the Reds start their collapse which gets Dusty Baker fired.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Indians...Sit your ass down.

Jose fn Fernandez.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:36 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 Straight Road Wins for the Doyers

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Padres should be under investigation for steroid. No freaking way Padres could beat Yankees that easy.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bud Selig was a total unhappy camper when Barry Bonds become the home run king. Since then he has successfully killed Alex Rodriguez and Manny Ramirez' chance to catch on Bonds' final home run.

Albert Pujols is currently a leader with 492. If he is actually out of season this year then he will have to hit at least 33 home runs every year for the rest of his contract beginning next season to topple Bonds as the home run king.

That would be very difficult task for him unless he plays for any East Coast team. MLB should pay a third of his contract to play for any team but West Coast teams.

Machete - Idzik.
First Kill - Ryan.
2nd Kill - Mornhinweg.
3rd Kill - Thurman.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Bud Selig was a total unhappy camper when Barry Bonds become the home run king. Since then he has successfully killed Alex Rodriguez and Manny Ramirez' chance to catch on Bonds' final home run.

Albert Pujols is currently a leader with 492. If he is actually out of season this year then he will have to hit at least 33 home runs every year for the rest of his contract beginning next season to topple Bonds as the home run king.

That would be very difficult task for him unless he plays for any East Coast team. MLB should pay a third of his contract to play for any team but West Coast teams.
I don't think Manny ever had a shot at it tbh.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

Manny never had a chance.

Also, been watching the Braves Phillies game. Watching Walden pitch is fun. Cro-hop!