Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D-Unit, Nelson Cruz in the world series. Suck it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Brody, remember when the Tigers were supposed to sweep the Cards? Hey D, remember game 6 in 11? Ahhhh I love kicking people when they are down.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The Rockies weren't a good team, though. Both they and the D-Backs were young, inexperienced teams that got to where they were from inexplicably lucky runs.

The Red Sox are, on paper, significantly better than the Cardinals. But that's why you play the game. The Red Sox had been benefiting from the rest difference so far this post-season (though it did nothing for them in Game 1 of the ALCS).
I disagree about Colorado. They were a quality team that season. They were top five in runs, hits, average, OPS, and OBP in the majors. Matt Holliday was a legit MVP candidate and barely lost to Jimmy Rollins. They made the least amount of errors of any team that season in the majors as well that season, their defense was incredible. And while their pitching was average, it was above average throughout the regular season when they were playing away from Coors field.

I also don't agree that the Red Sox are significantly better on paper. Wacha has been pitching just as well as Verlander if not better and Wainwright has been pitching better than Scherzer. And their bullpen is clearly better than Detroit's and was more solid than the Sox in the NLCS. The bullpen only gave up three runs the entire NLCS and Martinez, Choate, and Rosenthal seem to be a dominant bullpen lineup to close out a game. Breslow hasn't allowed a run but has been shaky walking a lot of guys, Tazawa has been shaky as well and almost blew game five. Cardinals pitching had better stats in their Championship Series than the Red Sox. Less walks, more strikeouts, a better WHIP, a better ERA. Their hitting stats weren't as good as the Sox because their pitcher hits, but this is not a team I would say the Sox are significantly better than.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 10-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leyland stepping down as Tigers manager.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Leyland stepping down as Tigers manager.
I am OK with this.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and Miguel Cabrera was playing with a torn groin for two months, so there's that ...
Old 10-21-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't hate Leyland, he was a cool dude and he didn't do anything to hurt us really. I'm glad he was here. Now if we hire Dusty Baker...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm mostly excited to get rid on Leyland's post game interviews. I've never heard a less intelligent sounding voice.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I can't hate Leyland, he was a cool dude and he didn't do anything to hurt us really. I'm glad he was here. Now if we hire Dusty Baker...
Oh god yes.

Let it happen.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halos trade MIKE SCIOSCIA to Tigers for Drew Smyly
Old 10-21-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Halos trade MIKE SCIOSCIA to Tigers for Drew Smyly
We'll trade you Prince Fielder and Gene Lamont for Josh Hamilton and Mike Scioscia.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm mostly excited to get rid on Leyland's post game interviews. I've never heard a less intelligent sounding voice.
His voice and manner of speech isn't what bothered most people. It was his appearance. All post-game interviews included him slunk back in his chair, often feet on the desk and always, without fail, stuffing his face with food.
Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
We'll trade you Prince Fielder and Gene Lamont for Josh Hamilton and Mike Scioscia.
Hell yes to this just to get rid of Hamilton. I despise watching his AB's. I think he has alzheimers

plus, Halos need more black players
Old 10-21-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leyland was a good manager and man. Sad to see him go. But he was 68 years old and as he said, "it was time to go." Reminded me a lot of his BFF LaRussa cuz he said he knew in September he was gonna be done except his team didn't go on to win it all.

BTW, I had a Nationals-Angels World Series with the Angels winning it at the begining of the season. Well done Yoda...well done....

And my heart says Cardinals in 5. My head tells me Red Sox in 7. But **** my head, I am going with the heart! And I don't really like picking teams to clinch the series on the road, and thats why I have the Cards in 5 not cuz I think the Cards are so much better than the Red Sox.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey D-Unit, Nelson Cruz in the world series. Suck it.
Wouldn't have been there without him in the first place.

Still I have fond memories of the chance they had. Better than seeing them not make it all. This year's collapse was frustrating as hell.

But they have a better chance of continuing to compete than the Halos who blew their wad and have nothing to show for it. At least the Rangers spend their money wisely.

I just wish they traded Profar while his stock was high. Have no clue why you love him so much. Hopefully he pulls a Martin Perez and proves me wrong by ending up being a positive contributor.

Next year will be better with Neftali Feliz back.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Maybe this is only of interest to Tigers fans, but this is an excellent column and exploration of Detroit's Prince Fielder problem:

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...ave_dombr.html

Read it to see his less-than-endearing post-Game 6 comments if nothing else.

Last edited by Xiomera : 10-21-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reds are set to promote pitching coach Bryan Price to manager.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Maybe this is only of interest to Tigers fans, but this is an excellent column and exploration of Detroit's Prince Fielder problem:

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...ave_dombr.html

Read it to see his less-than-endearing post-Game 6 comments if nothing else.
It's impossible to say how much of Prince's ****** rapport with the media had to do with his failure to produce at the plate(may well be indicative of an attitude problem), but comments like that are certainly not what you want to hear as a fan if you're coming off a disappointing loss. Adrian Gonzalez was similarly indifferent after the 2011 collapse and the fan base never forgave him for it.

...it's not like it's especially hard to not be a dick in that situation either. I understand the media is probably a little tough to deal with in those situations, but fans pay exorbitant amounts of money at the gate and allow Television networks to assault their eyeballs with advertisements to pay your salary. Showing some interest in being considerate is the least he can do. Can't say how much of that carries itself into the clubhouse environment, but we learned the hard way that you're better to not have those guys around.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dodgers Sign Cuban Alexander Guerrero

4 years 28 million. Will likely be the starting 2B next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Dodgers Sign Cuban Alexander Guerrero

4 years 28 million. Will likely be the starting 2B next year.
Good stuff. I've heard good things about him. Goodbye Mark Ellis.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:31 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmy signs a 2 year deal with the Giants
Old 10-22-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$35 million whoa. Didn't think it would be that much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
$35 million whoa. Didn't think it would be that much.
The Giants are screwing up the free agent market something fierce.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team that wanted to sign Ubaldo or Matt Garza is now screwed.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any team that gives Ubaldo that kind of money is asking for it.

I know he had a rebirth this year but f that, one year doesn't mean ****.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote