Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-26-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. Really wish Ortiz had gotten a chance to hit there.

Nava's better than Gomes without a doubt, but I don't have a whole lot of faith in his ability to deliver here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take cheapies. Jesus. One more hit and it's Koji time too.

...not that Salty can even see Rosenthal's fastball.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards screwing up HARD tonight

gotta get those runners in from 3B with 0 outs. Jeez

Axford warming up and Boston has their 2/3/4 hitters due up in the 10th. Cards need to win it here
Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Looks like they might. Thank god Molina is slow.

Crossing my fingers was working with the hitters, but it seems to have the opposite effect on hitters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

sdkfjdslkjeriuofjewldkfjewmilolksfjdskl;jlskdnamkd jp3woirhy34iuprh

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what the **** just happened.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For ***** sake Middlebrooks/Salty are idiots.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF WOW!!!!

that definitely was interference
Old 10-26-2013, 11:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm not even going to lie, I don't know the rule well enough to be super pissed about this....but is it obstruction if he trips? Middlebrooks made no willful attempt to block him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is horse ****.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

...and what a total **** tier throw by Salty. Seriously, **** off with this ********.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hold onto the ******* ball. Two games thrown away on plays that have no chance to be made at third.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First off why the **** did Salty throw to third like that. He was gonna be safe, that was stupid, second how is Middlebrooks supposed to know with his face looking in the ground that there is a guy behind him that's crawling over him. Either way, that's a ****** way to end a baseball game. I'm pissed.
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm not even going to lie, I don't know the rule well enough to be super pissed about this....but is it obstruction if he trips? Middlebrooks made no willful attempt to block him.
He was in the baseline and "obstructed" him from running down the baseline, but it was moreso salty's god awful throw than Middlebrooks
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is interference/obstruction. Yes, it sucks winning like that, but hey my Golly I'll take it. And as u guys, hold onto it Salty, Kozma is coming up, he is not gonna get a hit.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Hold onto the ******* ball. Two games thrown away on plays that have no chance to be made at third.
...or make a halfway decent ******* throw. Ball shouldn't have been thrown( based on the first look...not watching the replay on that one to confirm, too angry) in the first place, but if he doesn't throw it into the ******* dirt then it doesn't matter.

Jesus. Little League **** just lost a game in the World Series.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you ******* kidding me? That was awful. Way to ruin the World Series, Jim Joyce.

For one, that's not ******* obstruction. Anyone who's had basic baserunning lessons knows the fielders get the inside line. It's not Middlebrooks's fault that Craig is a ******. Craig got up and ran OVER Middlebrooks instead of taking the outside line, which was completely clear.

By rule, Jim Joyce doesn't know the rules and ruined the ******* World Series. Way to go, ass hole. Craig was out no matter what anyway. He was thrown out by a mile.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...or make a halfway decent ******* throw. Ball shouldn't have been thrown( based on the first look...not watching the replay on that one to confirm, too angry) in the first place, but if he doesn't throw it into the ******* dirt then it doesn't matter.

Jesus. Little League **** just lost a game in the World Series.

But Pete Kozma was on deck. You can't let him have an at bat in the situation.

(sorry, I'll stop being a dick now.)
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That is interference/obstruction. Yes, it sucks winning like that, but hey my Golly I'll take it. And as u guys, hold onto it Salty, Kozma is coming up, he is not gonna get a hit.
No it isn't. Not in any definition of the rule.
ElectricEye
Icon

If Ross isn't playing tomorrow, I may kill someone.

That's the kicker too. We get defensive ineptitude like that to compliment piss awful hitting. I can get a pizza delivered by the time Salty gets his bat around on a ******* fastball.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-26-2013, 11:12 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He was in the baseline and "obstructed" him from running down the baseline, but it was moreso salty's god awful throw than Middlebrooks
It was Craig being an idiot that got Craig tripped up. Middlebrooks was completely in the right to be where he was. And you can't call that in any situation anyway.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Are you ******* kidding me? That was awful. Way to ruin the World Series, Jim Joyce.

For one, that's not ******* obstruction. Anyone who's had basic baserunning lessons knows the fielders get the inside line. It's not Middlebrooks's fault that Craig is a ******. Craig got up and ran OVER Middlebrooks instead of taking the outside line, which was completely clear.

By rule, Jim Joyce doesn't know the rules and ruined the ******* World Series. Way to go, ass hole. Craig was out no matter what anyway. He was thrown out by a mile.
BAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWston

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Middlebrooks certainly didn't make any conscious effort to stop Craig from advancing. I think I side with the camp that says that was a bad call.

Still tho, Salty.....

Bill Simmons' inevitable bitchfest is going to be a fun side-effect though.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
No it isn't. Not in any definition of the rule.
"OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the progress of any runner.

After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball, and has missed, he can no longer be in the "act of fielding" the ball. For example: an infielder dives at a ground ball and the ball passes him and he continues to lie on the ground and delays the progress of the runner, he very likely has obstructed the runner."

Last edited by Docta : 10-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Ross isn't playing tomorrow, I may kill someone.

That's the kicker too. We get defensive ineptitude like that to compliment piss awful hitting. I can get a pizza delivered by the time Salty gets his bat around on a ******* fastball.
While we're venting Drew sucks too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote