Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
8-2 in our last 10 games (Yankees, Twins, Phillies, and Rays). You can't ask for much more.
yep. this could be interesting. i'm not sure if it's nothing more than a hotstreak or not, but i'm not sure if we can keep this up long enough to catch the yankees or rays. and even if we can, i'm not sure the sox have what it takes to stay there.

it's pretty obvious that as papi goes, so goes our offense. when he's hitting like this, our 2-3-4-5 is unstoppable, they all provide great protection for each other and they're all weapons. add in the way beltre has been playing recently (6 rbi's tonight? maybe i was wrong about this guy) and we're cranking out offense at 2-6.

i guess maintaining this depends on the pitching. buccholz and lester have been great, wakefield can win every now and then. if beckett comes around, we have a shot.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why everyone gave up on the Sox so quick. 5.5 games over 4 months is nothing. 2 games for the Wild Card is even easier. It's baseball folks not football.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That was me throwing down the gum bucket and kicking the gatorade bucket so to speak.
Jason Motte is turning into a very quality pitcher, glad I was wrong about him. Can't believe we traded Luke Gregerson for Khalil Greene. Not really sure why I quoted you.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm not sure why everyone gave up on the Sox so quick. 5.5 games over 4 months is nothing. 2 games for the Wild Card is even easier. It's baseball folks not football.
because early in the season at any given point, one of the pitching, defense, or offense was atrocious. it didn't seem like the three would ever be sorted out at the same time. plus the yankees and rays had (have?) the two best records in baseball. kinda hard to keep the faith when you're third in your division, no matter what the record looks like.

in other news: seriously, how ******* long can ubaldo jiminez keep doing this?
Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
because early in the season at any given point, one of the pitching, defense, or offense was atrocious. it didn't seem like the three would ever be sorted out at the same time. plus the yankees and rays had (have?) the two best records in baseball. kinda hard to keep the faith when you're third in your division, no matter what the record looks like.

in other news: seriously, how ******* long can ubaldo jiminez keep doing this?
You're right they were doing bad but they still have the players to turn it around. As for being 3rd that doesn't matter at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You're right they were doing bad but they still have the players to turn it around. As for being 3rd that doesn't matter at all.
actually, at the worst point, they were fourth behind toronto. any time you're looking up at three teams, one of them being toronto, it can cause some panic.

and yeah you can say they have the players now, but at the time papi wasn't worth a damn, beltre was struggling defensively, cameron seemed to fall off of the face of the earth, ellsbury was hurt, etc. the only guys really doing anything on offense at the time were pedroia, youkilis, and v-mart to some extent, and the guys who were struggling weren't really guys you expect to turn things around. also, the pitching was atrocious, lester had yet to turn it around, beckett was horrible, lackey was struggling, and the bullpen wasn't much better.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw that Joe West thing. What a disgrace. I hope he is fired/suspended. That is pathetic.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You're right about all of that but that's the problem. All of that was after a month and a half. The Red Sox were playing way below their normal numbers and you had to expect they would come back their averages. I understand being worried about Papi for a month but some of the others you just had to give them some time. I'm not saying the Sox will now run through everyone now just that you knew they wouldn't be as bad as they were.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Jason Motte is turning into a very quality pitcher, glad I was wrong about him. Can't believe we traded Luke Gregerson for Khalil Greene. Not really sure why I quoted you.
I was wrong about him too. I thought he was an awful one-pitch pitcher, but he has really improved and even throws in some off-speed every now and then.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always feel a bit better when we beat the Phillies.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
We are going to start scoring a ton more runs when our luck shifts with the bases loaded and Kubel hopefully stops sucking.
Haha. And Kubel has been the only one to do anything with bases loaded. Basically winning a game on his own against a team you can't beat.

Why don't you play Thome more if Kubel is so terrible?

Last edited by Jughead10 : 05-27-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm really bored this morning and I was thinking about the all star voting that was mentioned here the other day. I decided to piece together what I think is currently probably the best AL all star team. Let me know what you think. I used to the current voting for starters and went from there.

CF Ichiro
SS Derek Jeter
C Joe Mauer
3B Evan Longoria
1B Mark Teixeira
RF Nelson Cruz
2B Robinson Cano
DH Vlad Guerrero
LF Carl Crawford

C Victor Martinez, 1B Justin Morneau, 1B Miguel Cabrera, 1B Kevin Youkilis, 2B Dustin Pedroia, 2B Ty Wigginton, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B/OF Jose Bautista, OF Shin-Soo Choo, OF Vernon Wells, OF Josh Hamilton

SP David Price, SP Andy Pettitte, SP Jon Lester, SP John Danks, SP Justin Verlander, SP Jered Weaver, SP Zack Greinke, RP Rafael Soriano, RP Andrew Bailey, RP Jose Valverde, RP Jonathan Papelbon, RP Mariano Rivera

There was one spot left and I was completely torn between Matt Garza and James Shield. So I'll let Tampa choose that one.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 05-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NL is where it's at. :)

And who is Justin Hamilton?

Last edited by tjsunstein : 05-27-2010 at 11:14 AM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
NL is where it's at. :)

And who is Justin Hamilton?
Haha Josh. I don't know how I did that.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fans actually did a decent job in terms of the AL roster. The only major complaint I have is that Mark Teixeira doesn't belong with 100 miles of Angel Stadium, but compared to the NL voting the AL is almost perfect.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The fans actually did a decent job in terms of the AL roster. The only major complaint I have is that Mark Teixeira doesn't belong with 100 miles of Angel Stadium, but compared to the NL voting the AL is almost perfect.
There aren't many good catchers or short stops in the AL. Victor Martinez made my team by default basically. And I gave the nod to Andrus over Gonzalez just because I don't think Alex keeps this up.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
And I would smother you in your sleep in front of Job.
You asshole better not even try that.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The NL voting is a mess right now thanks to the Phillies fans.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, right now it's Phillies (Utley, Polanco, Rollins, Werth, Victorino), Cardinals (Pujols and Molina) and Brewers (Braun).
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
So I'm really bored this morning and I was thinking about the all star voting that was mentioned here the other day. I decided to piece together what I think is currently probably the best AL all star team. Let me know what you think. I used to the current voting for starters and went from there.

CF Ichiro
SS Derek Jeter
C Joe Mauer
3B Evan Longoria
1B Mark Teixeira
RF Nelson Cruz
2B Robinson Cano
DH Vlad Guerrero
LF Carl Crawford

C Victor Martinez, 1B Justin Morneau, 1B Miguel Cabrera, 1B Kevin Youkilis, 2B Dustin Pedroia, 2B Ty Wigginton, SS Elvis Andrus, 3B Alex Rodriguez, 3B/OF Jose Bautista, OF Shin-Soo Choo, OF Vernon Wells, OF Josh Hamilton

SP David Price, SP Andy Pettitte, SP Jon Lester, SP John Danks, SP Justin Verlander, SP Jered Weaver, SP Zack Greinke, RP Rafael Soriano, RP Andrew Bailey, RP Jose Valverde, RP Jonathan Papelbon, RP Mariano Rivera

There was one spot left and I was completely torn between Matt Garza and James Shield. So I'll let Tampa choose that one.
Josh Hamilton over Magglio and Guti why?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The sox better start takin it to the Yankees because i think this is the Rays year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Yeah, right now it's Phillies (Utley, Polanco, Rollins, Werth, Victorino), Cardinals (Pujols and Molina) and Brewers (Braun).
Yup Polanco, Victorino, and Rollins belong no where near the All Star team right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-27-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Josh Hamilton over Magglio and Guti why?
Hamilton will definitely make it over Guti. He's hitting better and no one cares about defense when it comes to the all star game. Mariners are also a last place team. That shouldn't matter, but it does. I considered Magglio over him. I think Magglio comes down to earth. And even if Magglio is a little better than Hamilton they'll give it to Josh.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Hamilton will definitely make it over Guti. He's hitting better and no one cares about defense when it comes to the all star game. Mariners are also a last place team. That shouldn't matter, but it does. I considered Magglio over him. I think Magglio comes down to earth. And even if Magglio is a little better than Hamilton they'll give it to Josh.
Guti's getting on base at a much better clip, and Maggs has been the best outfielder in the AL this season. There is no reason for Maggs not to be in the all star game at this point, and he's not exactly getting all that lucky.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yeah Wainwright pitched a heck of a game last night, and Jaime pitched Awesome tonight going 6 scoreless innings lowering his ERA to 1.14

According to Dan and Al the last time the Cards were shutout in back to back games was 1995, yikes. They've been shutout 4 times already this season, and that doesn't include the game it took them 18 innings to score 1 run. Unacceptable for a team with this much talent on it.
Still put the blame on Pujols. He needs to pick up the slack in this teams hitting slump. His OBP is irrelevant when nobody can drive him in to score. Our pitching has been outstanding lately if he started hitting home runs we could be winning a lot of these games.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote