Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed with both of you but the actual clubhouse stuff is important. Once they hit the field they can ditch the guy though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best manager in baseball right now is Terry Francona, and if he had a WAR I'd put it at about 3.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Maddon > Francona.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah ok. I wouldn't argue that. Point is that even a great manager is probably only worth 2-3 wins as compared to some guy who can hold a clipboard and pat guys on the butt.

And even then that's probably a high estimate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pissed the Tigers got Ausmus. That was who I wanted for the Royals, but they brought Ned back and missed out on some really quality options this off-season.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since free agency starts at midnight(I think), how about some predictions?

Robinson Cano-Yankees
Jacoby Ellsbury- Seattle
Masahiro Tanaka- Dodgers (I have a bad feeling about him)
Shin Soo-Choo- Astros
Matt Garza- Nationals
Brian McCann- Rangers
Ervin Santana- Yankees
Ubaldo Jimenez- Twins
Curtis Granderson- Cubs
AJ Burnett- Pirates
Mike Napoli- Red Sox
Joe Nathan- Tigers
Carlos Beltran- Mets

Just a few. Feel free to add a few and who you believe your team will sign.

I can see the Pirates signing Burnett, Josh Johnson, Jhonny Peralta, James Loney, Corey Hart, and Marlon Byrd. Obviously not all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone from that list.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beltran wants to DH half the year. He's AL all the way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Robinson Cano-Yankees
I agree, when the dodgers said they wouldn't go after him...made it obvious.
Jacoby Ellsbury- Seattle
Looks to be a lock right now, sounds like Seattle would overpay or him.
Bad feeling how? That he is going to bust? or that he will pan out?
Shin Soo-Choo- Astros
I would feel horrible for him
Matt Garza- Nationals
Would be a solid landing spot, I see them having a rebound year.
Brian McCann- Rangers
Definitely could happen, hes going to be spendy though.
Ervin Santana- Yankees
No idea either way
Ubaldo Jimenez- Twins
Doesnt strike me as a Twins signing, hes going to get too much money.
Curtis Granderson- Cubs
Are the Yankees going to let him walk?
AJ Burnett- Pirates
I surely hope so
Mike Napoli- Red Sox
See above, surely hope so.
Joe Nathan- Tigers
Would be a great landing spot.
Carlos Beltran- Mets
I don't see this happening whatsoever. AL team for sure. Knowing the Angels, they will try to sign his ass.

I can see the Pirates signing Burnett, Josh Johnson, Jhonny Peralta, James Loney, Corey Hart, and Marlon Byrd. Obviously not all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone from that list.
Looks decent. I commented on some of em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Jacoby is all for the money (I am mixed on if he is or not) I could not see him going to Seattle. I think that is the most overblown thing I have heard.

"He grew up there... and well Jim Bob the Mariners do need a CF. Clearly that's going to happen!"
Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Looks decent. I commented on some of em.
I don't have a good feeling about tanaka because he has thrown 176 pitches in two days and I think his arm is gonna take a toll because of the usage he's been through.

The Yanks offered grandy an offer, but I think he declines and heads home for a multi year deal.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't see the Cubs signing Granderson. They're in the midst of a youth movement, but I can't see him going there because he got a qualifying offer and the Cubs would have to give up a second round pick pick to sign him. I can't see Theo giving up a pick at all, he values those so much and the Cubs need them to get more solid young players with upside. Those second round picks for an organization like the Cubs are so valuable, you can sign a 1st round talent who falls due to signability.

Also don't see the Choo to Astros signing happening. I don't think they're on a position to sign a guy like Choo and they've got some really solid OF prospects who would be less expensive.

I've read that the Rockies are really interested in Carlos Ruiz and plan to make a solid offer to him. I was hoping the Sox would go after him as a replacement for Salty.

One thing I've been contemplating is who would hit lead off for the Sox if Ellsbury left. I don't know whether or not Bradley would be ready to hit lead off and I wouldn't be confident in Victorini hitting lead off either. One guy who I think would be a great candidate to hit lead off is Bogaerts. The guy is really good at getting on base. He's got the skills. He can take a lot of pitches, can draw walks, and is a very disciplined hitter, especially for his age.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/fox-...77&feedID=3578

This was pretty cool. I haven't always had the most positive of views for Boston/New England sports teams, but this certnly has changed my mind at least to some point. Its very cool, and hopefully perhaps we get a rubber match next season.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am praying for McCann to the Sox. Since we are going to loose Ells I would love to add another impact bat and remove some K's from the C spot.
Old 11-05-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lloyd McClendon to manage the Mariners
Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am praying for McCann to the Sox. Since we are going to loose Ells I would love to add another impact bat and remove some K's from the C spot.
Really? I have some doubts about whether McCann can still provide shiny stats like he used to. Scares me because I hear him linked to the Rangers and I don't want to overpay.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McCann is a 30 year old catcher who has already declined a decent amount since his earlier years. I have a feeling he's going to get overpaid.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Since free agency starts at midnight(I think), how about some predictions?

Robinson Cano-Yankees
Jacoby Ellsbury- Seattle
Shin Soo-Choo- Astros
Matt Garza- Nationals
Brian McCann- Rangers
Ervin Santana- Yankees
Ubaldo Jimenez- Twins
Curtis Granderson- Cubs
AJ Burnett- Pirates
Mike Napoli- Red Sox
Joe Nathan- Tigers
Carlos Beltran- Mets

Josh Johnson to Texas wouldn't surprise me. They have been trying to trade for him since he was with the Marlins. I would be sad to see Nathan leave. Been such a perfect fit as a Ranger, but Neftali Feliz should be healthy next season, so I could see them letting him to clear money.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
McCann is a 30 year old catcher who has already declined a decent amount since his earlier years. I have a feeling he's going to get overpaid.
Yeah, as a Rangers fan I would rather have Napoli on the cheap.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Nap is a first baseman not a C and McCann on a 2-3 year deal is better than Salty Imo.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson Cano-Yankees
Jacoby Ellsbury- Seattle
Masahiro Tanaka- Yankees
Shin Soo-Choo- Diamondbacks
Matt Garza- Angels
Brian McCann- Rangers
Ervin Santana- Indians
Ubaldo Jimenez- Royals
Curtis Granderson- Cubs
AJ Burnett- Pirates
Mike Napoli- Red Sox
Joe Nathan- Tigers
Carlos Beltran- Yankees
Hiroki Kuroda- Yankees
Grant Balfour- Dodgers
AJ Pierzynski- Braves
Joaquin Benoit- Indians

Big trades:
David Price to the Rangers
Asdrubal Cabrera to the Cardinals
Jaff Samarzdija to the Diamondbacks
Glen Perkins to the Rangers

Homer picks:
Gordon Beckham and John Danks to Blue Jays
David Freese traded to White Sox (Yay for optimism)
Alejandro De Aza traded to the Reds
Daniel Nava traded to the White Sox
Sign Dioner Navarro
Old 11-05-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Nap is a first baseman not a C and McCann on a 2-3 year deal is better than Salty Imo.
Oh yeah... Nap can't bend down on his knees anymore. lol.

McCann on a 2-3 year deal if possible is good no matter the money.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Robinson Cano-Yankees
Jacoby Ellsbury- Seattle
Masahiro Tanaka- Yankees
Shin Soo-Choo- Diamondbacks
Matt Garza- Angels
Brian McCann- Rangers
Ervin Santana- Indians
Ubaldo Jimenez- Royals
Curtis Granderson- Cubs
AJ Burnett- Pirates
Mike Napoli- Red Sox
Joe Nathan- Tigers
Carlos Beltran- Yankees
Hiroki Kuroda- Yankees
Grant Balfour- Dodgers
AJ Pierzynski- Braves
Joaquin Benoit- Indians

Big trades:
David Price to the Rangers
Asdrubal Cabrera to the Cardinals
Jaff Samarzdija to the Diamondbacks
Glen Perkins to the Rangers

Homer picks:
Gordon Beckham and John Danks to Blue Jays
David Freese traded to White Sox (Yay for optimism)
Alejandro De Aza traded to the Reds
Daniel Nava traded to the White Sox
Sign Dioner Navarro
Did I ever say I LOVE YOU? :)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine with either Ruiz or McCann. Ultimately I don't really care because having Ross around is good enough for me, he does a great job with Lester and the rest of the guys on the pitching staff. I think Ruiz would be great in Fenway though. He'd do great with the Green Monster because he pulls the ball a lot to left field. If you look at his spray charts you can see. Ruiz is older than McCann so there's some risk there but it's not like any of these guys are the future at the position. Ultimately they are only one or two year options until Blake Swihart is ready for the big leagues.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know how much of it is true, but there's some stuff out there that McCann could command a 5 year 100M contract. That's exactly the kind of deal and player I want us to stay away from.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Don't know how much of it is true, but there's some stuff out there that McCann could command a 5 year 100M contract. That's exactly the kind of deal and player I want us to stay away from.
Yikes! Are the Angels interested or something? That's the only explanation I can think of.