Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Cardinals and Angels discussing a trade that would send Peter Bourjos to St. Louis and David Freese to LA.
Wouldn't like this. If it was Freese + a RP then I'm down. Halos have to trade a few of these guys for pitching so it doesn't make much sense to trade a hitter for another hitter. They need to try and get an arm back in that deal somehow...and package another hitter in there if need be

lynn or kelly would probably be the most realistic choices since they don't have the available talent to touch a miller/wacha/rosenthal/martinez. I'd like Siegrist if they could somehow get him
Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now rumors that we are shopping Ajax. I have no idea what to believe anymore. It's impossible to follow the tigers and what they may do with dombrowski in charge. I kinda love that.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Now rumors that we are shopping Ajax. I have no idea what to believe anymore. It's impossible to follow the tigers and what they may do with dombrowski in charge. I kinda love that.
Shopping a player is different than being willing to listen to offers. I think it's probably more of the latter.

I don't see how they could sign Choo and deal Jackson. Choo won't be signed to play centerfield. Now if they signed Ellsbury, then you'd absolutely see Jackson get dealt.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dayton Moore outbids himself again! $32m/4y for Jason ******* Vargas. Moore hits the panic button before the Winter Meetings even start ONCE AGAIN. There are guys out there that are going to get either half the money per year or half the years that Vargas got (or even less) who are equal to or better than him.

Before the off-season, I felt like a good yet slightly overspending move would be to sign Mike Pelfrey to a $10m/2y deal. He's the same player as Vargas. Dayton Moore goes out and spends 4x that much for twice the years of an older player.

Left-handed starting pitching is overrated, too.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I chuckled when I saw that deal too. Vargas is basically a left handed Guthrie, who Moore overpaid for last year. Good times.

Last edited by Stash : 11-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ZiPS has Vargas at 1.2, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5... That's $20.4m (scaled by 500k/y) worth of full-price WAR for $32m.

Last edited by nepg : 11-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
VUBlacknGold
Rookie

VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VUBlacknGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So since my Rays are shopping David Price, what do you think is fair price for him?

I Bleed Black and Gold
VUBlacknGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With what pitching costs these days, I don't think that's really an unreasonable deal for Vargas. $8 mill sounds about right. I wouldn't have signed him for 4 years though.

I mean, Josh Johnson just got $8 mill after being the worst or 2nd worst starter in the AL last season
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

II'm about done with baseball because of the Wilpons. They've really taken me out the last 5 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Young to Mets. 1 year $7.25 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Chris Young to Mets. 1 year $7.25 million.
That sounds like money well spent.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That sounds like money well spent.
It's actually a good signing but probably $1.5 million too high. The sad thing is that this move consists of 25% of our offseason budget. No joke. **** Selig and the Wilpons.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's actually a good signing but probably $1.5 million too high. The sad thing is that this move consists of 25% of our offseason budget. No joke. **** Selig and the Wilpons.
How is that a good signing? You can get someone from the minors to give you what he will. Maybe not the power, but you can save yourself 7 million to spend elsewhere.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is that a good signing? You can get someone from the minors to give you what he will. Maybe not the power, but you can save yourself 7 million to spend elsewhere.
Last year was an off year in a horrible park for him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He's going to have a bounce back year. His BABIP was career low while his LD% was a career high. He'll outperform anyone we have in the minors for the OF except for Puello who hopefully be ready second half of next year. At worst he's a platoon bat and like I said it's probably an overpay for a couple of million. Think Byrd/Victorino bounce back. Also look at the OF market this early. Byrd 2/$16 Murphy 2/$13.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VUBlacknGold View Post
So since my Rays are shopping David Price, what do you think is fair price for him?
I dont think they are going to just give him up, but I think the fact that hes not locked up for very long might scare some people unless they know they can extend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's going to have a bounce back year. His BABIP was career low while his LD% was a career high. He'll outperform anyone we have in the minors for the OF except for Puello who hopefully be ready second half of next year. At worst he's a platoon bat and like I said it's probably an overpay for a couple of million. Think Byrd/Victorino bounce back. Also look at the OF market this early. Byrd 2/$16 Murphy 2/$13.
Don't react to other teams overpays. You think the Mets and Sandy of all teams would have more fiscal patience after not spending anything for 2 seasons.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Citi Field won't help.

I'm not a fan of this deal.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
You think Citi will be any better? Chris Young has had a lot of off years. More than he's had good years.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Citi Field won't help.

I'm not a fan of this deal.
He needs bigger outfield corners, so he got destroyed by the foul territory in Oakland.

RIP TheManInBlack
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He needs bigger outfield corners, so he got destroyed by the foul territory in Oakland.
Everybody gets killed by the foul territory in Oakland.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Don't react to other teams overpays. You think the Mets and Sandy of all teams would have more fiscal patience after not spending anything for 2 seasons.
It's not reacting to overpays. It's what the market is right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It's not reacting to overpays. It's what the market is right now.
Wait for someone to re-set the market then or be shrewd and set your own market. You think teams were kicking down the door to sign Chris Young? Chris Young isn't going to make or break your season. I think he'll hardly make a difference.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I can live with a 1-year deal. Hopefully it'll be another Marlon Byrd scenario.

Even if he bounces back, another bat is needed.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Wait for someone to re-set the market then or be shrewd and set your own market. You think teams were kicking down the door to sign Chris Young? Chris Young isn't going to make or break your season. I think he'll hardly make a difference.
He could re-build his value, and then get flipped at the deadline to a contender.

RIP TheManInBlack