Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2014, 06:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jeter was never a better defensive or offensive SS than A-Rod.
No one ever said he was better offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
No one ever said he was better offensively.
You asked why would they move Jeter since he is a better SS so I didn't know which part of his SS game you were referring to so I threw out a blanket statement.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotcha, yeah definitely more of a defensive statement.

Also thought that A-Rod would have to make a position change before Jeter ever would.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well guess we disagree there, but A-Rod was going to have to switch positions before Jeter ever would have had too. It was only a matter of time before he was going to get too big for the position.
There's no real basis for your disagreement. It was general consensus when the trade happened that the better defender was moving. All of this notwithstanding, Jeter still is a top 5-10 shortstop ever and a definite hall of famer, but his legacy is way overblown and he's not this amazing guy either.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Doesn't have to be an amazing guy, he played the game the way its supposed to be played...

Quote:
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only real problem I've had with Jeter was twofold. His "clutchness" was always way overblown and the play where he dove into the stands against the Red Sox has always been overhyped. Besides these two things, like Brodie said, he's a top 5-10 SS and a 1st ballot HF who had an amazing career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Doesn't have to be an amazing guy, he played the game the way its supposed to be played...
Would you stop saying this? This isn't even a thing. You know who plays the game like it shouldn't be played? Adeiny Hechavarria, because he's ******* terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:51 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Would you stop saying this? This isn't even a thing. You know who plays the game like it shouldn't be played? Adeiny Hechavarria, because he's ******* terrible.
********, it is a thing. He went out each and every day like a ****** pro. He didn't ***** and moan when something went wrong, he was the face of a storied franchise and did it better than many could. He played hard everyday, he didnt take days off, he played through injuries...do you want me to keep going?

There are guys that play the right way, I've been around and watched the game long enough to know who does.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2014, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only real problem I've had with Jeter was twofold. His "clutchness" was always way overblown and the play where he dove into the stands against the Red Sox has always been overhyped. Besides these two things, like Brodie said, he's a top 5-10 SS and a 1st ballot HF who had an amazing career.
Name 5 better shortstops.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why do they have to be shortstops? Jeter was pretty ******* horrible defensively I think most 3b and 2b could have done what he has done there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Alan Trammell, Neifi Perez, Yuniesky Betancourt, Christian Guzman, ... Damn. I can only name four. Jeter it is.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Rollins.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Alex Rodriguez, Ernie Banks, Honus Wagner, Joe Cronin, Cal Ripken Jr., Robin Yount.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edgar Renteria. End of discussion.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alex Rodriguez, Ernie Banks, Honus Wagner, Joe Cronin, Cal Ripken Jr., Robin Yount.
Ernie Banks played half his career a 1B. Even so Jeter's number are comparable considering they are different types of hitters.

Wager yes, although a different game 100 years ago.

Cronin I'll say yes. The rest no. And I'm pretty sure you said Cal just to piss me off.

A-Rod is such a weird case. Again half his career at 3B. You can say he should have played instead of Jeter at SS and while in 2004 I would agree with you, A-Rod was a shell in the field 2 years later. He was worse at 3B than Jeter was at SS. Jeter's bad range to his left only got worse when he had to compensate for A-Rod.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Jeter should have moved off SS just like Banks and Yount were so that's why I'm counting them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Jeter should have moved off SS just like Banks and Yount were so that's why I'm counting them.
Thats such BS and you know it. Jeter never embarrassed himself out there. He was always serviceable out there. His only weakness was range in one direction. As terrible as it was to his left, he was fine at everything else.

If that's the case when is Wright moving to the outfield, since he should have 5 years ago.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeter's range was always overrated

the Gonzo single would have been a easy pop fly for Didi

edi: nvm Jeter was standing with a foot inside the basepath but still

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ernie Banks played half his career a 1B. Even so Jeter's number are comparable considering they are different types of hitters.

Cronin I'll say yes. The rest no. And I'm pretty sure you said Cal just to piss me off.

A-Rod is such a weird case. Again half his career at 3B. You can say he should have played instead of Jeter at SS and while in 2004 I would agree with you, A-Rod was a shell in the field 2 years later. He was worse at 3B than Jeter was at SS. Jeter's bad range to his left only got worse when he had to compensate for A-Rod.
Just wondering why Cal Ripken would piss you off? 2 Time MVP and a record that will never be broken.

Just for reference, here is the JAWS ranking of Shortstops. http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/jaws_SS.shtml

And if you do it by peak (WAR7 the best 7 years combined) he is behind Nomar. That would make you really angry.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Last edited by dabears10 : 02-12-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: putting the actual link in this *****.
dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:

That has been part of my argument. He yet had longer to be better at short, more so than A Rod. His decline happened fast, and happened at a much easier position.

Quote:
Old 02-12-2014, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Thats such BS and you know it. Jeter never embarrassed himself out there. He was always serviceable out there. His only weakness was range in one direction. As terrible as it was to his left, he was fine at everything else.

If that's the case when is Wright moving to the outfield, since he should have 5 years ago.
Huh Wright has been really good at 3B the last few years. It was his first few years where he just made a few amazing plays where everyone thought he was a GG but in reality he was average at best.

Jeter was solid at short until about 5 or 6 years ago. He should have been moved then but never was.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2014, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Huh Wright has been really good at 3B the last few years. It was his first few years where he just made a few amazing plays where everyone thought he was a GG but in reality he was average at best.

Jeter was solid at short until about 5 or 6 years ago. He should have been moved then but never was.
Wright is still a below average 3B. I'd say he's been worse at his position already than Jeter ever was.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Nomar's name. Now we talking about real SS's now.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Wright is still a below average 3B. I'd say he's been worse at his position already than Jeter ever was.
You're wrong but ok.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not one mention of Adam Everett?