Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I guess Smoltz retired. He's joining the MLB Network.
Is MLBN and TBS same?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess Smoltz retired. He's joining the MLB Network.
I read TBS.

John Smoltz has joined TBS as a regular season and playoff analyst.

"Joining Turner Sportsí Major League Baseball coverage is a great opportunity for me to stay immersed in the game that I love and Iím really looking forward to this experience," Smoltz said via press release. "Having worked with TBS and Peachtree TV before, I am thrilled about the start of the 2010 season." Smoltz, 42, has entertained offers from several teams this offseason, but it looks like he'll remain on the sidelines for now and possibly for good. If this is the end, the former 1996 Cy Young Award winner hangs it up with 213 career wins, a 3.33 ERA, 3,084 strikeouts and 154 saves. A date with Cooperstown is in his future

-Rotoworld
Old 03-16-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fernando Martinez putting up just decent numbers in Spring Training..

.591/.542/1.136/1.678

WEAK!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

.591/.542/1.136/1.678

WEAK!
Shhh!!! Let him fly under the radar. Our prospects our overrated anyway and they all suck.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ramon Ortiz hasn't pitched since 07 I believe and looks like one of the better 5th starters in the league. haha
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

.591/.542/1.136/1.678

WEAK!
Hmmm.... that perks my fantasy baseball ears...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Shhh!!! Let him fly under the radar. Our prospects our overrated anyway and they all suck.
Oh sorry, I forgot our farm system is awful and we didn't have the prospects to trade for Roy Halladay. Darn!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh sorry, I forgot our farm system is awful and we didn't have the prospects to trade for Roy Halladay. Darn!
Why won't they play him in CF?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Why won't they play him in CF?
He's not really a center fielder. He could play a week or two if needed to but it's not really a position he could handle long term. Although when he did play center last year he surprised me a bit in how he handled it before he got hurt. He wasn't bad. If he had to play center he'd probably be a tick below average but he has a decent arm and surprising speed.

The hope is Francoeur will suck like most Mets fans expect him to and Fernando will come up and play right field for the rest of the year.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not really a center fielder. He could play a week or two if needed to but it's not really a position he could handle long term. Although when he did play center last year he surprised me a bit in how he handled it before he got hurt. He wasn't bad. If he had to play center he'd probably be a tick below average but he has a decent arm and surprising speed.

The hope is Francoeur will suck like most Mets fans expect him to and Fernando will come up and play right field for the rest of the year.
Well you have CF open for a month or two. I think you'd rather him up and playing instead of Angel Pagan.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...you guys didn't really have the prospects to trade for Halladay. You couldn't have really offered a better package that the Phillies
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you have CF open for a month or two. I think you'd rather him up and playing instead of Angel Pagan.

Pagan played quite well last year. And besides, since Omar and Jerry and running the show it's probably Gary Matthews Jr. as the opening day centerfielder and Francoeur in right because he's a star.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Probably, but he could use a little more time in the minors to get some AB's against lefties and work on his plate discipline a bit against some guys who aren't necessarily throwing major league stuff.

Pagan is actually a pretty damn good defensive center fielder, though, and isn't a bad hitter.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

.591/.542/1.136/1.678

WEAK!
I'd be somewhat concerned with his OBP being that much lower than his BA. Mashing in spring training is normal.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
...you guys didn't really have the prospects to trade for Halladay. You couldn't have really offered a better package that the Phillies
Uh, I'm guessing you know nothing about our farm system, or even the Phillies for that matter, but a package of Mejia, F-Mart, and Davis would have been much better than what you got in return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'd be somewhat concerned with his OBP being that much lower than his BA. Mashing in spring training is normal.
It's a concern, which is why he could use some more time in the minors, but to be fair, when he's pretty much crushing everything thrown to him I don't think it can be held against him too much.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like him to get more time in AAA also. He has some things to work on like Forenci said. Pagan will be fine for a month in CF.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Silva with 4 scoreless innings. WHY CAN'T YOU SUCK IN SPRING TRAINING SO YOU GET CUT YOU USELESS SACK OF ****!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said that prospect right-hander Stephen Strasburg will soon be sent down to the minors, according to Jim Duquette of Sirius XM's MLB Home Plate.

It would have been quite a feat for Strasburg to skip the minors altogether, but this news shouldn't surprise anybody who has followed what Rizzo has had to say all along. There's no question that Strasburg has the stuff to pitch in the majors right now, but the Nationals would like to acclimate him to the rigors of professional baseball -- i.e. pitching every five days. Though they won't admit it, the Nationals would also delay Strasburg's free agency by keeping him in the minors to begin the season. Just don't expect him to stay down there for long.

-Rotoworld
Old 03-16-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dominic Brown is the sex.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Dominic Brown is the sex.
Too bad he's blocked by the soon to be terrible dinosaur.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Too bad he's blocked by the soon to be terrible dinosaur.
Maybe we can trade him to an AL team at the deadline. :)

But, probably not.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I read that the Nationals released Elijah Dukes. Wow, this surprises me. I wonder if someone takes a chance on him.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Uh, I'm guessing you know nothing about our farm system, or even the Phillies for that matter, but a package of Mejia, F-Mart, and Davis would have been much better than what you got in return.
but that would have absolutely crippled your farm system which there is no chance the Mets would realistically do. The phils had the ammo to make a very good offer as well as continue to have a decent farm system
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
but that would have absolutely crippled your farm system which there is no chance the Mets would realistically do. The phils had the ammo to make a very good offer as well as continue to have a decent farm system
You implied we didn't have the prospects, I countered and said we did. And we actually do have a bunch of other good/decent prospects as well. Jeryus Familia, Kyle Allen, Ruben Tejada, Wilmer Flores, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Josh Thole, etc.

Everyone just assumes that we're not a great farm system, and we aren't, but we're not bad either. Middle of the pack, to slightly above it.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Washington tested positive for Cocaine last July. Hammy has been such a terrible influence. :(