Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-03-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I don't think they would. I think they would accept ANY improvement over the current system. It doesn't make the playing field uneven to have more replay.
Of course they would. They want to win and that would help them win.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

very jewy of him
Are you ******* kidding me?

What the **** is that supposed to mean
Old 06-03-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got home and saw sportcenter, wow I don't even know what to say. What a terrible call, but IMO you have to respect the way everyone handled it. Galarraga what a class act after the game, I would of probably killed someone.

In homer news.....

Cardinals signed Dominican Pitcher, Carlos Matias today to 1.5 million. Apparently he has a 97-99 mph fastball and it sits at 80 on a 20/80 scale.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Jeez...why didn't you just say so instead of me arguing with you.
Because I'm honestly infuriated that MLB won't do anything about this. You are allowed to take a stance and run with it and set a new precedence.

How many times in history have we seen such a historic event negated like it was tonight? We're talking about an occurrence (perfect game) that is independent of the win and the loss that goes in the standings. They are two separate things. One of them CAN BE CHANGED without taking anything additional away from anyone. The Indians don't get a double loss as a result of being no-hit. They stand to lose nothing more than the game.

On the other hand, you rob a player of a deserved, extremely rare accomplishment and the fans of witnessing said accomplishment. It's no different than in the NHL when a goal is scored, but it's not immediately known to the on ice officials. Play continues and the goal is reviewed at the next stoppage in play. When it's deemed a goal, time is put back on the clock and if a goal was scored in that "lost time" then it is negated. It isn't like baseball would be breaking some sort of law of sports to overrule something like this, that, I repeat, has no effect on the ultimate win and loss.

It's not like they blew a player's 3,000th career hit and he could just get that honor the next game or the next AB instead.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Because I'm honestly infuriated that MLB won't do anything about this. You are allowed to take a stance and run with it and set a new precedence.

How many times in history have we seen such a historic event negated like it was tonight? We're talking about an occurrence (perfect game) that is independent of the win and the loss that goes in the standings. They are two separate things. One of them CAN BE CHANGED without taking anything additional away from anyone. The Indians don't get a double loss as a result of being no-hit. They stand to lose nothing more than the game.

On the other hand, you rob a player of a deserved, extremely rare accomplishment and the fans of witnessing said accomplishment. It's no different than in the NHL when a goal is scored, but it's not immediately known to the on ice officials. Play continues and the goal is reviewed at the next stoppage in play. When it's deemed a goal, time is put back on the clock and if a goal was scored in that "lost time" then it is negated. It isn't like baseball would be breaking some sort of law of sports to overrule something like this, that, I repeat, has no effect on the ultimate win and loss.
You are continously mixing up instant replay and retroactively changing the game the day after
Old 06-03-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You are continously mixing up instant replay and retroactively changing the game the day after
Don't do it the next day, do it ******* immediately. It's not like there was doubt at first and we needed hours to mull over the potentially bad call.

I'm merely presenting further evidence that MLB wouldn't be compromising itself to change a ruling like this one and set new precedent.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:47 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations on your pretend perfect game Armando Galarraga
Old 06-03-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with all the no-hitters and perfect games so early in this season? This has to be some kind of record.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would of been, but Mr. Joyce didn't think so

I think it has a lot to do with the end of the steroid era

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:46 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i were a fenikz sports fan i would have killed my self already, also I would probably burn LA to the ground and every1 from it

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sir its only a matter of time before your scum town is devoured by the Pacific and I go swimming in Arizona Bay

Last edited by fenikz : 06-03-2010 at 05:56 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:53 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Joyce needs to stick to poems, cause he cant ump for ****

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:15 AM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I think it has a lot to do with the end of the steroid era
But pitchers did steroids too. In fact, if you went by the minor league numbers (as they have a longer track record of testing) more pitchers than hitters took them

I think it is just a cycle. All sports go through them, and for that matter everything does. We just happen to be in a time where many great young pitchers like Lincecum, Cain, Wainwright, Hernandez, Jimenez, etc. to go with a bunch of current and in their prime great pitchers like Halladay, Sabathia, Santana (although he is seemingly declining, still really good though), Haren, Lee, Verlander. There are also guys like Strasburg, Price, Hughes, Kershaw, Hanson, etc. who can get there and join those lists.

Also, this isn't exactly a replay of the mid-60's. Ubaldo is not going to end the season with a 0.88 ERA, or even 1.12. The AL batting champ won't hit .302. There are a bunch of guys on pace to hit 30 plus bombs this year. It's just that we had two really great pitchers go nuts and one mediocre pitcher had the day of his life.

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm about to head up to Buffalo to see Stephen Strasburg pitch his final Minor league game before he goes up to the Majors. I'm pretty excited to see him pitch.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
James Joyce needs to stick to poems, cause he cant ump for ****
Voted the best umpire 2 of the last 9 years.
One of the most respected umpires in the MLB.

It's like saying Ed Hochuli needs to stick to working out because he blew the call he did.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

WOOOO! The perfect game for Armando!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whether it took 27 or 28 outs, Armando Galarraga still pitched perfectly last night. That you cannot deny.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should buy a value size pack of batteries and go to the game tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I get a sig in the same format that reads,

May 29th, 2010
Roy Halladay's Perfect Game
People are still buying tickets

;)

"Roy Halladay's perfect game was art. But Armando's Galarraga's perfect game was a lesson in grace."

Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I should buy a value size pack of batteries and go to the game tonight.
The Philadelphia mentality.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
The Philadelphia mentality.
True. What if I would have said that?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:06 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
True. What if I would have said that?
I would have agreed with you?

Old 06-03-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If replay is instituted how would it work? Why not just workout a system to get rid of umpires completely since they have become such a liability. If he wants a perfect game go out and repeat the performance. Halladay i would say benefited from some sketchy strikeouts that could have been walks. It goes both ways. Should MLB go back and review the ball/strikes on him to see if a guy really should have been walked?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
If replay is instituted how would it work? Why not just workout a system to get rid of umpires completely since they have become such a liability. If he wants a perfect game go out and repeat the performance. Halladay i would say benefited from some sketchy strikeouts that could have been walks. It goes both ways. Should MLB go back and review the ball/strikes on him to see if a guy really should have been walked?
In the 70's with the Cubs Milt Pappas was perfect through 26 outs and with a 2-2 count Bruce Froemming called two close pitches balls.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selig can overturn the call.

I'll bet that this does get overturned.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote