Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He really isn't.
And why is that exactly?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jaime Garcia, Buster Posey and Mike Leake are ahead of both of them.
I completely disagree. Heyward absolutely deserves rookie of the year at this point during the season and I'd give Strasburg the edge over Garcia and Posey for second place at the moment. Strasburg's injury assures that Heyward will be the favorite from here on out. Mike Leake isn't even remotely close to the four previously mentioned guys. Posey could catch Heyward, but I think his numbers drop off a bit as I don't imagine him hitting .371 on balls in play over the rest of the season and I think he'll cool off on the home runs.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm late, but the deal we got for Dotel is beautiful. I have always liked McDonald and would have thought we had to give up Maholm for him. If Lambo can stay away from the pot, the sky is the limit. Great trade for the Pirates.

I also like the trade with the Giants for getting Bowker and Ramirez(I think?). Bowker could be a diamond in the rough if he can translate his power to the Majors.

Plus, any deal getting rid of Crosby and Church is a win in my book.

Great trades. Too bad the Pirates got smacked around.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope the Pirates give Bowker a chance. Bochey gave him 80 at-bats then gave up on him. I think he can be a good player. The Giants think he's AAAA. **** you Sabean. You just gave him away ... for ... Javier ******* Lopez.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I really hope the Pirates give Bowker a chance. Bochey gave him 80 at-bats then gave up on him. I think he can be a good player. The Giants think he's AAAA. **** you Sabean. You just gave him away ... for ... Javier ******* Lopez.
I wouldn't be surprised if Bowker is up soon and is our 4th OF/1Bman.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He really isn't. Huff is poop.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Olsen did not deserve it over Kevin Brown. I am fine with pitchers winning the award (and more often than not, they seem to deserve it), but closers should not win the award (or the Cy Young or the MVP).
Gagne was a pretty damn solid choice the year he won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to add Manny right now. Please.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:48 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Leake are ahead of both of them.
The fact that he was never even really in the discussion with Heyward the first half of the season is criminal. Not only was he our best pitcher at that point(and still is for now), the dude strokes. He gets a hit almost every single game he starts. Sure, he doesn't have much power but he handles the bat better than any pitcher I've EVER seen. And this is on a team with Micah Owings.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-01-2010, 02:49 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
The fact that he was never even really in the discussion with Heyward the first half of the season is criminal. Not only was he our best pitcher at that point(and still is for now), the dude strokes. He gets a hit almost every single game he starts. Sure, he doesn't have much power but he handles the bat better than any pitcher I've EVER seen. And this is on a team with Micah Owings.
well he did play the field when he was at ASU as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
well he did play the field when he was at ASU as well.
Yea I read a lot about him right after we drafted him. Dude's a mathlete.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Leake has been underrated all year.
For a kid who skipped the minors completely he has had a crazy year.
Not too mention, I fail to see logic in using a PH for him. Dude hits better than some position players

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Gagne was a pretty damn solid choice the year he won.
He was ridiculous, but I still would have given it to Prior.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Leake has actually been overrated because of his ERA. His FIP and xFIP are both nearly a full run higher than his ERA and his K/BB is pretty poor. He's a solid starter, but he hasn't been nearly as good as Strasburg and Garcia. I appreciate the fact that he's played as well as he has without ever pitching in the minors, but he hasn't been a rookie of the year candidate in this very strong NL rookie class.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

P-L owns people with that last statement. Everything he said is 100% true.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Even if he doesnt match up numbers wise with his pitching, I think you have to factor in his hitting ability. He has been such an integral part of this rotation whos seen Harang struggle nearly all season and Arroyo who was bad early on. I don't think we'd be battling it out for first with the Cards without him.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-01-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Reid Brignac was actually used properly he'd be a ROY candidate.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

With the bullpen absolutely depleted for the day, Justin Verlander has decided to mail it in and has 76 pitches after 3 innings. Thanks for the help, ass.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-01-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
With the bullpen absolutely depleted for the day, Justin Verlander has decided to mail it in and has 76 pitches after 3 innings. Thanks for the help, ass.
Verlander is the most frustrating pitcher there is. With his stuff, his ERA should be a full run lower.

He is an ass.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Verlander is the most frustrating pitcher there is. With his stuff, his ERA should be a full run lower.

He is an ass.
His FIP was about a half run lower than his E.R.A. coming into today.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
His FIP was about a half run lower than his E.R.A. coming into today.
He has the Javier Vazquez disease.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-01-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No baserunners yet between Gio Gonzalez and Gavin Floyd through 4 1/2 innings.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liriano hitting 94, 97 when he needs it. Slider up to 89 MPH again. Please stay healthy, you are so much fun to watch.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Liriano against the awful Mariners lineup is hilarious to watch.

Except Chone Figgins. We can't get that guy out for some reason.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Shields' changeup makes me wet.