Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Borat's team. To Barry Zito: u better run I will be waiting for u in the parking lot with a crow bar to hit u in the leg.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't think of a more perfect end to the Mets' season...

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its going to be interesting what the Giants are going to do. Zito hasnt pitched well the last 8 or so games, do we got to a 3 man rotation(Lincecum, Cain, Sanchez) maybe Bumgardner as the 4th? I really dont trust Zito as a starter

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgardner

Zito added to mid relief in bullpen

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did two people butcher Bumgarner's name in a row?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because they can't help but think of Brett Gardner.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I couldn't think of a more perfect end to the Mets' season...
What does this refer to? I love Met bashing.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What does this refer to? I love Met bashing.
Oliver Perez basically came in the 14th inning and walked everyone and their grandmother and lost to the Nationals.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Oliver Perez basically came in the 14th inning and walked everyone and their grandmother and lost to the Nationals.
Idiots. Just cut him. They have to pay him either way and they basically played with 24 men half the season.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Phillies will win the World Series. That is all.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like the Phillies, but I want Doc to get a ring so ******* badly so I will be cheering for them this postseason.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:36 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

I will be cheering for the Twins. What? They get the Yankees again. ****, I'll be cheering for them anyway for 3 games, 4 if they are lucky
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easy fantasy year.

Cargo, Lester, Weeks, Hamilton, Cruz, free agent pickups Morrow and D. Hudson... $700.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will be cheering for the Twins. What? They get the Yankees again. ****, I'll be cheering for them anyway for 3 games, 4 if they are lucky
I think we are much more well equipped to beat the Yankees than in previous trips. This is one of the best teams we've ever had. That said, there's obviously a mental block there.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I think we are much more well equipped to beat the Yankees than in previous trips. This is one of the best teams we've ever had. That said, there's obviously a mental block there.
I don't know if you're more well equipped. I just think you currently have guys playing well over their head and you have to hope they keep it up.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I agree that this could be the year. After Sabathia, that Yankees rotation has question marks all over it. But its all about that mental block. CC Sabathia will pitch game 1, I think most people will prolly have the Yankees in that one despite it being at Target Field. And after the Twins lose game 1, will they get into that mind set oh no here we go again....
Old 10-03-2010, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I agree that this could be the year. After Sabathia, that Yankees rotation has question marks all over it. But its all about that mental block. CC Sabathia will pitch game 1, I think most people will prolly have the Yankees in that one despite it being at Target Field. And after the Twins lose game 1, will they get into that mind set oh no here we go again....
CC will come back on short rest for a game 4 too. I think its likely to be CC, Pettitte, Hughes, CC, Pettitte.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if you're more well equipped. I just think you currently have guys playing well over their head and you have to hope they keep it up.
Our middle infield is much better than it was last year and now we have Thome and a deeper bullpen. If only we had Morneau, too =/
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how you can possibly say we aren't better this year than last. :/ I don't know how we've played above our heads either. Kubel, Cuddyer, and Span all had seasons well below expectations.

That being said we annually play like a bunch of pussies against the Yankees so I'm not too confident.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Our middle infield is much better than it was last year and now we have Thome and a deeper bullpen. If only we had Morneau, too =/
I just can't see how you can be more equipped without your best or second best player (depending how you see it). The middle infield isnt that great. By any means.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't know how you can possibly say we aren't better this year than last. :/

That being said we annually play like a bunch of pussies against the Yankees so I'm not too confident.
You are better. But I just don't think the talent is better. You have guys playing over their heads. At least in my opinion.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just can't see how you can be more equipped without your best or second best player (depending how you see it). The middle infield isnt that great. By any means.
No one said it was great. He said it was better which is absolutely true. Hudson is a little above average and Hardy is a solid defender who has hit in the second half.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
No one said it was great. He said it was better which is absolutely true. Hudson is a little above average and Hardy is a solid defender who has hit in the second half.
Neither hits enough for me. Granted Jeter's been horrible this year. But on par with these two guys.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
too busy enjoy our team's success.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
You are better. But I just don't think the talent is better. You have guys playing over their heads. At least in my opinion.
Who is playing over their head besides Valencia and I suppose duesing? Guys like Kubel, cuddyer, and span have actually been disappointments this year. Like I said I think you'll win but you're selling us a little short here.