Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-13-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yup, it was just inevitable...I love Fredi, this was how it was supposed to play out anyway. I thank the Marlins for firing him.
And yeah the last manager they fired for some unknown reason was Joe Girardi. That worked out pretty well for everyone except the Marlins and Yankee haters.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A monkey can manage the Yankees.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
A monkey can manage the Yankees.
I will disprove that. Let me manage the Yankees!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And yeah the last manager they fired for some unknown reason was Joe Girardi. That worked out pretty well for everyone except the Marlins and Yankee haters.
Their owner is an ass. And none of the managers get along with him.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like Steinbrenner but not as good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like Steinbrenner but not as good.
No the opposite of Steinbrenner. Cheap.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how the homefield advantage plays out?

Is it 2-3-2 format or 2-2-1-1-1?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Does anyone know how the homefield advantage plays out?

Is it 2-3-2 format or 2-2-1-1-1?
It is 2-3-2 my dearest Ranger fan (I am on ur bandwagon now, which prolly isn't good)
Old 10-13-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
No the opposite of Steinbrenner. Cheap.
Well I meant attitude wise as he is an ass.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
It is 2-3-2 my dearest Ranger fan (I am on ur bandwagon now, which prolly isn't good)
Oh thank you FireMikeMartz!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Oh thank you FireMikeMartz!
And they said I was outta line for wanting him fired. Everywhere else he has gone he has sucked. But anyways Go fighting Cliff Lee's!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mental lapses cost the Rays. That was a bad on David Price.

edit:

Pena strikesout for the 3rd time tonight.

End of 6. Rangers 3 - Rays 1.
A day later and I still feel sick to my stomach. Rays got punched in the face right from the jump and backed down. I knew we'd lose when Elvis Andrus scored the run from secondon Hambino's dribbler. That dude is stomping around with swollen bowling balls in his bag, forget the antlers he shoulda gone Sam Cassel/Perdo Cerano on everyone. Very cool move with the Ginger Ale shower for Hamilton, that was awesome.

I knew you guys fleeced the Braves of Andrus and Saltalamachia(who at the time was one of the top prospects in baseball) but ya'll got Neftali freeking Feliz and two others guy for half a season of Teixiera, who was gone anyway?!

Good luck, ya'll earned it.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadabizzles View Post
A day later and I still feel sick to my stomach. Rays got punched in the face right from the jump and backed down. I knew we'd lose when Elvis Andrus scored the run from secondon Hambino's dribbler. That dude is stomping around with swollen bowling balls in his bag, forget the antlers he shoulda gone Sam Cassel/Perdo Cerano on everyone. Very cool move with the Ginger Ale shower for Hamilton, that was awesome.

I knew you guys fleeced the Braves of Andrus and Saltalamachia(who at the time was one of the top prospects in baseball) but ya'll got Neftali freeking Feliz and two others guy for half a season of Teixiera, who was gone anyway?!

Good luck, ya'll earned it.
True fan! I would've been in your shoes today if the Rangers lost. I still feel more relieved than anything. Got that first series win. Crossed that hump. I really didn't think the Rangers would beat the Rays. I thought your pitching would be too much. ...and it still definitely was tough! Josh Hamilton 2 for 18... AND the team broke the record for striking out the most times in a series! Despite it all, we were able to salvage through aggressive base running and some dog luck.

I feel a little better about our chances to beat the Yankees. But now that we're at that point, I'm wondering if that was/is a feeling of mistake. They are a big time clutch team that makes few mistakes. I hope the Rangers can take advantage of their home field.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Wedge to manage the Mariners. Damn, I kinda wanted him in Pittsburgh.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Bobby V should get the keys to the kingdom in Pittsburgh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bobby V should get the keys to the kingdom in Pittsburgh.
I'd love it, but I don't think he'd be interested.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'd love it, but I don't think he'd be interested.
Throw him enough money and he will be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Throw him enough money and he will be.
That's like asking a pig to fly.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tony Pena as the manager. Hopefully the Yanks get knocked out by the Rangers and the Pirates interview him.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

$206.7 million - Yankees payroll
$55.6 million per year - A-Rod & Jeter alone
$55.1 million - Rangers payroll
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No you didn't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No you didn't.
I've had to deal with Lloyd McClendon and John Russell 8 of the past 10 years. Yes I did.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

God himself could manage the Pirates and you'd still have a losing record. It's not really a reflection on those guys.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
God himself could manage the Pirates and you'd still have a losing record. It's not really a reflection on those guys.
Hopefully NH and company decide to spend some money this offseason.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Hopefully NH and company decide to spend some money this offseason.
I'd only start to spend money when you reach .500. Build that core up and then start adding the rest of the pieces. No need to sign someone to a contract and when they hit the end of it they suck and you're still not close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-15-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I'd only start to spend money when you reach .500. Build that core up and then start adding the rest of the pieces. No need to sign someone to a contract and when they hit the end of it they suck and you're still not close.
I agree, but in order to reach .500, they need some arms. Sign a free agent pitcher or two to a two year deal. That'll give the AA guys some more time to develop. Also, IIRC, James Loney is either going to get bought out or traded. I'd have him come in and play 1B while moving GJ to RF to platoon with Milledge.