Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those guys seem like douchey people moreso than players but I'm a Mets fan so I'm biased. Ask some fans from teams outside the NL East and maybe you'll get a better view.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Here's an example of a douche on the field: Youklis. Dude crowds the plate, then takes exception whenever a pitcher throws anywhere near him. That's a douchebag player.
Joba has no problem throwing at him. He literally used to throw up and in everytime he faced him. Often hitting him.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can totally understand how Rollins would come off as a douche to anyone who isn't a Phillies fan, especially a Mets fan. I can see the Hamels and Werth hate too, I think Werth is a douche and I'm a Phillies fan but I don't really understand how Victorino comes off as a douche. He's certainly a fiery competitor but he's a class clown type of guy and is real laid back and fun off the field.

I feel the same way about Reyes and Wright as you do about our guys though haha

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Rollins is a douche. He's just not a great baseball player. Except for his one MVP season, he's been an extremely average player who gets superstar status.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't hate Wright or Reyes at all. In fact, I'd gladly take them on my team any time. As long as the player can help my team, I'm all for having them. I hated the Ibanez signing when they made it. I hate the Howard extension. I hated the trade that sent Lee to Seattle. I love the Oswalt deal. Loved the first Lee deal. Wish they'd swung the Halladay deal last year.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a player is going to crowd the plate, the pitcher has every right to throw inside. If it hits you, there is a retaliation. It's not only Joba who has had issues with Youklis. The guy is a great hitter, but if you stand that close, you will get hit. Utley gets hit all the time. Does he scream and yell and curse? No. He goes to first base.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joba's a douche also so it makes sense. The biggets Mets douche to me is obviously K-Rod. I know everyone thinks Reyes is one as well because of the dancing but I don't see it.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 10-22-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Reyes is just a kid who loves to have fun. I don't think the dancing is meant to show anyone up. K-Rod has always been an intense dude. However, the yelling after out #1 is a bit much. Showing up other players is douche-y.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think Rollins is a douche. He's just not a great baseball player. Except for his one MVP season, he's been an extremely average player who gets superstar status.
I'm mostly bitter that they won the WS and still had to call us out during their celebration. That's being an ass. Also, it bothers me how much the media overrates him as this great player when he's nothing but.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Rollins is a legitimately great fielding SS, but I agree that he's nowhere near as good as his reputation. He is a very good runner, but he really isn't that good. If he stopped trying for HR's and tried to make better contact, he'd probably have better offensive stats. In the end, I'm petrified that the Phillies will overpay him in dollars and years after 2012. Talk about a Jeter situation...

Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rollins is a legitimately great fielding SS, but I agree that he's nowhere near as good as his reputation. He is a very good runner, but he really isn't that good. If he stopped trying for HR's and tried to make better contact, he'd probably have better offensive stats. In the end, I'm petrified that the Phillies will overpay him in dollars and years after 2012. Talk about a Jeter situation...
Amen to this. I think he's easily a top 3 defensive shortstop in baseball but his offense just isn't great anymore. His MVP season was the only season where he was a 'superstar' player. To quote Skip Bayless (shoot me now) he belongs in the hall of very good but certainly not the Hall of Fame like some in the media make him out to be.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, I don't care what kind of people any players are. I care about results on the field and that their off-field crap doesn't impact the team. When you said "douchebag", I assumed you meant the style of play, which is what I care about.
I guess that's where we differ. I'd rather be perennial losers (kind of getting close to that with the Mets) and like all the players as people. Granted, we can never really "know" them, but it's pretty easy to get a feel for a person based on how they act during interviews, sound bytes, and even on the field.

I mean, there will always morons on sports teams, but it won't prevent me from rooting for the team (not the individual).

But yes, I may have spoken out of turn. You guys are probably the second douchiest team in baseball. Red Sox take the cake with Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/etc.

Also GF is right, K-Rod is by far the biggest douche on our team. I hate him. Not only because he sucks, but because he is such an ass hat.

Last edited by Forenci : 10-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

K-Rod was actually having a pretty good year. The contract the next 2 years is terrible though. Our new GM is going to have to work his magic for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I just don't understand how you can not like Victorino. He's just a hard-nosed player who grinds AB's and plays hard. Werth is probably a douche off the field, but I don't really consider him not likable.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think douche was the wrong word. I feel as if the Phillies are better classified as massive cum guzzlers.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I just don't understand how you can not like Victorino. He's just a hard-nosed player who grinds AB's and plays hard. Werth is probably a douche off the field, but I don't really consider him not likable.
He's a douche. I agree and have no dog in the fight. He's the self made police of how far celebration can go on the field and in the dugout. And then he's a huge hypocrite about it. He just looks douchy.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I guess that's where we differ. I'd rather be perennial losers (kind of getting close to that with the Mets) and like all the players as people. Granted, we can never really "know" them, but it's pretty easy to get a feel for a person based on how they act during interviews, sound bytes, and even on the field.

I mean, there will always morons on sports teams, but it won't prevent me from rooting for the team (not the individual).
This was the magical perfect storm of the 2004 Red Sox. I've never enjoyed rooting for a team more than that squad. Some of them became slightly douchey after the fact...especially that figging bastard, ball-pocketer, Doug Mientkiewicz...but it was an amazing year.

Quote:
Red Sox take the cake with Papelbon/Beckett/Youkilis/etc.
Papelbon's a bit of a Rodney Harrison arch-type. If he's on your team, you love him. If he's not, you hate him. Beckett's injured too often to be douchey (quit being a blistered *****, and pickle your hand!)... How is Youk a douche?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah that's the other problem why I hate Rollins and Victorino. They make all these comments about Reyes celebrating and so forth and they go do it and it's even worse.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

In the end, if the Phillies weren't winning divisions and playoff series, you wouldn't care. I'm sure there's tons of douches on the Royals, but no one cares bc they don't win. In the end, it's a matter of fan jealousy.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
In the end, if the Phillies weren't winning divisions and playoff series, you wouldn't care. I'm sure there's tons of douches on the Royals, but no one cares bc they don't win. In the end, it's a matter of fan jealousy.
I'm not jealous at all and I still think Victorino is a douche. He's about the only one. Rollins just isn't very good and Hamels isn't a douche. He's just kind of flaky.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's not jealousy, it's the fact that they are hypocritical **** mongers.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
This was the magical perfect storm of the 2004 Red Sox. I've never enjoyed rooting for a team more than that squad. Some of them became slightly douchey after the fact...especially that figging bastard, ball-pocketer, Doug Mientkiewicz...but it was an amazing year.

Papelbon's a bit of a Rodney Harrison arch-type. If he's on your team, you love him. If he's not, you hate him. Beckett's injured too often to be douchey (quit being a blistered *****, and pickle your hand!)... How is Youk a douche?
Meh, I would hate Papelbon even if he was on the Mets. I guess Youk isn't a "douche" per se, but I get that vibe from him. Maybe it's the cue ball and goatee.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a player is going to crowd the plate, the pitcher has every right to throw inside. If it hits you, there is a retaliation. It's not only Joba who has had issues with Youklis. The guy is a great hitter, but if you stand that close, you will get hit. Utley gets hit all the time. Does he scream and yell and curse? No. He goes to first base.
Im playing baseball collegiately right now, and we are told to put one under the guys chin if he gets to close to the plate. And then we just continue to pound it in until he backs up....its the pitchers plate, not the hitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Words cannot describe how sexy this is.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Words cannot describe how sexy this is.

Buy one for yourself?