Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-02-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Nah man, no hate. I just thought it was a big number is all. Then I checked the NBA thread and MOTH is leading that one by 700+. So I guess 300 isn't really that big considering all of the posts in here and that GF hasn't been overly active for all that long considering how long he's been here.
What is this for? Post count?

Jesus. I didnt even post in the NBA thread that much last year.

The year before, however. haha.

Anyway, as for the Braves...They picked up Infante and Gonzalez' options. I could do without Gonzalez, personally.

They also agreed to terms with Proctor again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and did you guys see that the Braves moved Pendelton to 1st base coach? I honestly didnt even hear about that until the other day, even though it happened a while ago. That was an interesting move, I thought he was gone, when Fredi was named manager. We picked up Larry Parrish (Mud Hens Manager) as our new hitting coach. Other Braves mainstays, like Mcdowell, Eddie Perez, Brian Snitker will all obviously be back.

Only thing that sucks about moving Terry to 1st...is the fact that we had to let Glenn Hubbard go. I love Hubbard, guy has been around ever since I was a pup.

We also added Tosca as bench coach...a good move.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-02-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricciardi!!! Now we just need Depo and Fuson and I will not know what to with myself.

I wasn't that active for like the first 2 years here even though I read the boards everyday. I'm not sure why I didn't post more often in the begininng.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh and did you guys see that the Braves moved Pendelton to 1st base coach? I honestly didnt even hear about that until the other day, even though it happened a while ago. That was an interesting move, I thought he was gone, when Fredi was named manager. We picked up Larry Parrish (Mud Hens Manager) as our new hitting coach. Other Braves mainstays, like Mcdowell, Eddie Perez, Brian Snitker will all obviously be back.

Only thing that sucks about moving Terry to 1st...is the fact that we had to let Glenn Hubbard go. I love Hubbard, guy has been around ever since I was a pup.

We also added Tosca as bench coach...a good move.
Would be a good fit for Smoltz to go into coaching, he seems like a perfect transition into pitching coach for the Braves. the guy is amazing as a commentator. I love listening to him talk about pitching.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When do you think the Yankees will sign Cliff Lee?

4 years 90 million.........I'm callin it, along with 95% of the world.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5/110 my guess

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally dont think he will be a yankee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember when the Expos traded Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips, and Cliff Lee for a half year rental of Bartolo Colon in a year when they didn't even make the playoffs?

Good times.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade makes the Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano deal look amazing.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please say that someone else saw this:

http://deadspin.com/5679107/dong+obs...-champion-hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:01 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not surprised but Heymen saying Greinke would block a trade to NY
Old 11-03-2010, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
remember when the Expos traded Grady Sizemore, Brandon Phillips, and Cliff Lee for a half year rental of Bartolo Colon in a year when they didn't even make the playoffs?

Good times.
The situation was totally different. The Expos thought they were going to be contracted following that season and since they were in contention they said Eff it let's do this. I can't really blame them for that deal in that situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Would be a good fit for Smoltz to go into coaching, he seems like a perfect transition into pitching coach for the Braves. the guy is amazing as a commentator. I love listening to him talk about pitching.
I think he would make for a brilliant pitching coach and manager one day. I mean, we dont have an opening any time soon, with Mcdowell on board. But I'd love to ease him into such a role, one day. The guy is so knowledgeable and was essentially a player coach during his career. haha.

The Braves have had several guys that really have coaching/managing written all over them. Namely...Smoltzy, Maddux, Glavine, and Chipper. Not only were they some of the best super stars of their era...they were four of the most baseball intelligent players as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Maddux would only coach with the Cubs he said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that baseball free agency drags on where other sports FAs all the big name are gobbled up in the first week?
Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Why is it that baseball free agency drags on where other sports FAs all the big name are gobbled up in the first week?

I actually don't mind him, but I just felt like saying it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers are expected to keep Neftali Feliz as their closer. Oh ok. :/
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

I say he signs with Texas ASAP. Lifetime contract, Texas can pay him whatever they want to, and they can also get rid of him with no repercussions at anytime.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post

Texas would trump that easily. I'm guessing he gets 6 years, $130-140M-ish.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Newberg Report: Rangers' top 10 prospects

1. Martin Perez, LHP, Double-A Frisco: Perez started the season as the Texas League's youngest pitcher and got off to a strong start, but struggled with his command all year and finished with a 5-8, 5.96 record in 23 starts and one relief appearance. There's something to be gained, however, when a young prospect encounters adversity before getting to the big leagues, and Perez remains one of the top two or three Minor Leaguef left-handers in baseball.

2. Tanner Scheppers, RHP, Triple-A Oklahoma City: After a dominant pro debut through the season's first two months out of the Frisco and Oklahoma City bullpens, Scheppers had a month-long audition as a starter for the RedHawks at mid-season that didn't go particularly well. He returned to the RedHawks' bullpen and continued to strike out a batter per inning with upper-90s velocity and a hammer curve, reinforcing that his initial big league impact will likely come in relief, in 2011.

3. Jurickson Profar, SS, short-season Class A Spokane: The youngest player in the Northwest League - by seven months - wasn't overmatched by the aggressive assignment and will go into 2011 as one of baseball's top shortstop prospects. Just 17 years old, the former Little League World Series star from Curacao hit .250 as the Indians' everyday shortstop, with only 46 strikeouts in 252 at-bats, and 23 extra-base hits (third most on the team), against a league full of pitchers five years older.

4. Engel Beltre, OF, Double-A Frisco: Obtained from Boston along with David Murphy and Kason Gabbard for Eric Gagné in July 2007, Beltre hadn't turned his tantalizing tools into consistent production until this year. After hitting .331 with power for Class A Bakersfield, he was promoted to Frisco at the start of July and held his own all summer, though he faded late in the season, finishing at .254/.301/.337 in 181 RoughRider at-bats. Groomed as a leadoff hitter, Beltre has hit third and fifth most of the year, and he's a lockdown center fielder with a plus arm.

5. Robbie Erlin, LHP, Class A Hickory: Some experts said the only reason Erlin fell to the third round in the 2009 draft was that he stands under six feet tall. The 19-year-old proved in a league full of hitters three and four years older that he was underdrafted. Erlin posted a 2.12 ERA in 2010, the third-best mark of any starting pitcher in all of Minor League baseball. In 114.2 Crawdad innings, the southpaw fanned 125 and issued only 17 walks.

6. Michael Kirkman, LHP, Texas: A standout 13-3, 3.09 season for Oklahoma City vaulted Kirkman into the big league picture, as he was called on in August to reinforce the Texas bullpen. The 23-year-old was leading the Pacific Coast League in strikeouts at the time of the promotion, featuring a fastball that touched the mid-90s, a slider that PCL managers voted as the league's best, and an effective curve. His dominant numbers against left-handed hitters gave the Rangers confidence that he could succeed in relief, though his big league future could be as a starter. For now, he's a legitimate candidate for the playoff bullpen.

7. Wilmer Font, RHP, Class A Bakersfield: The youngest pitcher in the California League, Font made strides in 2010 before elbow issues cut his season short in July. The big right-hander was hittable for Low A Hickory in the spring but fanned 33 while walking only 13 in 29.2 innings, prompting a promotion to Bakersfield, where he held opponents to a .217 average and struck out 52 in 49 frames, though his poor walk totals had resurfaced before the midseason injury.

8. Robbie Ross, LHP, Double-A Frisco: Ross has made the same two-level split as Font in 2010, with tremendous results. The 5'11" southpaw posted a 12-11, 3.58 record between Hickory and Bakersfield, issuing only 37 walks while fanning 111 in 146 innings, coaxing a remarkable three times as many groundouts as flyouts, and surrendering only four home runs all year. He was rewarded with a promotion to Frisco for the Texas League playoffs.

9. Jake Skole, OF, short-season Class A Spokane: The Rangers' top Draft pick in 2010, Skole was challenged (after a brief run in the Arizona League) with an aggressive assignment to the Northwest League, where he was the circuit's third-youngest hitter. A tremendous athlete who would have played defensive back at Georgia Tech had he not signed, Skole played center field for Spokane and hit a respectable .254/.327/.348 in his first pro action.

10. Luis Sardinas, SS, Rookie-Level Arizona League: The 17-year-old from Venezuela was overshadowed by fellow shortstop Jurickson Profar when the two signed last July, but the slick-fielding Sardinas had an outstanding rookie season. He hit .311/.363/.350, getting a hit or walk in 22 of 26 games, holding down the number two hitter role on a club that went 31-24 and reached the AZL playoffs.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/ar...s_tex&c_id=tex

Any guess on how any of these guys will be used next year?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So, is Borat still alive or did he kill himself in the bay celebrating?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Newberg Report: Rangers' top 10 prospects

1. Martin Perez, LHP, Double-A Frisco: Perez started the season as the Texas League's youngest pitcher and got off to a strong start, but struggled with his command all year and finished with a 5-8, 5.96 record in 23 starts and one relief appearance. There's something to be gained, however, when a young prospect encounters adversity before getting to the big leagues, and Perez remains one of the top two or three Minor Leaguef left-handers in baseball.

2. Tanner Scheppers, RHP, Triple-A Oklahoma City: After a dominant pro debut through the season's first two months out of the Frisco and Oklahoma City bullpens, Scheppers had a month-long audition as a starter for the RedHawks at mid-season that didn't go particularly well. He returned to the RedHawks' bullpen and continued to strike out a batter per inning with upper-90s velocity and a hammer curve, reinforcing that his initial big league impact will likely come in relief, in 2011.

3. Jurickson Profar, SS, short-season Class A Spokane: The youngest player in the Northwest League - by seven months - wasn't overmatched by the aggressive assignment and will go into 2011 as one of baseball's top shortstop prospects. Just 17 years old, the former Little League World Series star from Curacao hit .250 as the Indians' everyday shortstop, with only 46 strikeouts in 252 at-bats, and 23 extra-base hits (third most on the team), against a league full of pitchers five years older.

4. Engel Beltre, OF, Double-A Frisco: Obtained from Boston along with David Murphy and Kason Gabbard for Eric Gagné in July 2007, Beltre hadn't turned his tantalizing tools into consistent production until this year. After hitting .331 with power for Class A Bakersfield, he was promoted to Frisco at the start of July and held his own all summer, though he faded late in the season, finishing at .254/.301/.337 in 181 RoughRider at-bats. Groomed as a leadoff hitter, Beltre has hit third and fifth most of the year, and he's a lockdown center fielder with a plus arm.

5. Robbie Erlin, LHP, Class A Hickory: Some experts said the only reason Erlin fell to the third round in the 2009 draft was that he stands under six feet tall. The 19-year-old proved in a league full of hitters three and four years older that he was underdrafted. Erlin posted a 2.12 ERA in 2010, the third-best mark of any starting pitcher in all of Minor League baseball. In 114.2 Crawdad innings, the southpaw fanned 125 and issued only 17 walks.

6. Michael Kirkman, LHP, Texas: A standout 13-3, 3.09 season for Oklahoma City vaulted Kirkman into the big league picture, as he was called on in August to reinforce the Texas bullpen. The 23-year-old was leading the Pacific Coast League in strikeouts at the time of the promotion, featuring a fastball that touched the mid-90s, a slider that PCL managers voted as the league's best, and an effective curve. His dominant numbers against left-handed hitters gave the Rangers confidence that he could succeed in relief, though his big league future could be as a starter. For now, he's a legitimate candidate for the playoff bullpen.

7. Wilmer Font, RHP, Class A Bakersfield: The youngest pitcher in the California League, Font made strides in 2010 before elbow issues cut his season short in July. The big right-hander was hittable for Low A Hickory in the spring but fanned 33 while walking only 13 in 29.2 innings, prompting a promotion to Bakersfield, where he held opponents to a .217 average and struck out 52 in 49 frames, though his poor walk totals had resurfaced before the midseason injury.

8. Robbie Ross, LHP, Double-A Frisco: Ross has made the same two-level split as Font in 2010, with tremendous results. The 5'11" southpaw posted a 12-11, 3.58 record between Hickory and Bakersfield, issuing only 37 walks while fanning 111 in 146 innings, coaxing a remarkable three times as many groundouts as flyouts, and surrendering only four home runs all year. He was rewarded with a promotion to Frisco for the Texas League playoffs.

9. Jake Skole, OF, short-season Class A Spokane: The Rangers' top Draft pick in 2010, Skole was challenged (after a brief run in the Arizona League) with an aggressive assignment to the Northwest League, where he was the circuit's third-youngest hitter. A tremendous athlete who would have played defensive back at Georgia Tech had he not signed, Skole played center field for Spokane and hit a respectable .254/.327/.348 in his first pro action.

10. Luis Sardinas, SS, Rookie-Level Arizona League: The 17-year-old from Venezuela was overshadowed by fellow shortstop Jurickson Profar when the two signed last July, but the slick-fielding Sardinas had an outstanding rookie season. He hit .311/.363/.350, getting a hit or walk in 22 of 26 games, holding down the number two hitter role on a club that went 31-24 and reached the AZL playoffs.

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/ar...s_tex&c_id=tex

Any guess on how any of these guys will be used next year?
A lot of those guys are really raw. Most of Texas' talent is already with the big league club now.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've accepted the fact that Jesus Montero will never play for the Yankees. At least in the long term. He's going to be part of a package to land a big pitcher at some time.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Maddux would only coach with the Cubs he said.
In 2 years once Quade's contract is up, it will be Sandberg in the duggout, Maddux in the front office, and Grace in the booth. Jizzzzzzzz.

I will also accept Ryno managing, Maddux pitching coach, and Grace hitting coach/bench coach/slump buster coach extrordinaire.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I've accepted the fact that Jesus Montero will never play for the Yankees. At least in the long term. He's going to be part of a package to land a big pitcher at some time.
I want him to play for us so bad haha, I just want to have like some home grown players on the roster.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote