Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
In 2 years once Quade's contract is up, it will be Sandberg in the duggout, Maddux in the front office, and Grace in the booth. Jizzzzzzzz.

I will also accept Ryno managing, Maddux pitching coach, and Grace hitting coach/bench coach/slump buster coach extrordinaire.
NEVER he loves AZ too much

Quote:
A slumpbuster is when you have to take one for the team. It's finding the biggest, nastiest, fattest broad, and you put the wood to her to come out of your slump. Also known as 'jumping on a grenade for the team'

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
NEVER he loves AZ too much
Yea, I've come to accept that. I absolutely love him and love him in the booth. I just want to dream a little since none of those things will happen. Well, Maddux might after Hendry hopefully is fired sometime around mid season 2011.

Most likely none of the 3 will ever happen though. :(
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, I've come to accept that. I absolutely love him and love him in the booth. I just want to dream a little since none of those things will happen. Well, Maddux might after Hendry hopefully is fired sometime around mid season 2011.

Most likely none of the 3 will ever happen though. :(
You love him in the booth? Have you heard him?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I want him to play for us so bad haha, I just want to have like some home grown players on the roster.
There's just no spot for him. He's not going to catch. 1B is taken. A-Rod is going to have to be a full time DH in a year or two. Unless he starts playing RF, and probably badly, he doesn't have a spot. And the Yankees have already shown willingness to put him in a big deal for a pitcher.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
you shut your whoreish mouth brody

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hence why I love him in the booth. I'm not saying he's great, but he's so entertaining. And if he was with the Cubs, he could probably do/say whatever he wanted and no one would care.

1990s hits leader ftw!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
you shut your whoreish mouth brody
Just speaking the truth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So, is Borat still alive or did he kill himself in the bay celebrating?
**** yeah I'm alive. I just came down from cloud 9 to respond. Going back up now. See yall later.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
A lot of those guys are really raw. Most of Texas' talent is already with the big league club now.
I agree. Mitch Moreland really stepped it up big time. He should be our 1B man of the future which I am happy and excited about. So happy that Andrus isn't a flop either. Borbon had rough rookie season with some flashes of potential, but I like what he brings to the team with his speed and he should continue to develop. I wish we had an exciting OF prospect with power though.

Outside of Catcher, we really don't have a big hole to fill in the line up.

But at pitching, needless to say... the Bullpen needs a major upgrade. They were a constant strain of worry throughout the entire playoffs. Outside of Feliz, we were really searching for the right answers and often came away with the wrong ones.

Holland will probably find his way back into the rotation. I don't think the light has really turned on yet, but if he can be a long reliever, heck we have that need for sure.

One guy on that list... Michael Kirkman has some nasty stuff and his future looks like that of a middle reliefer who could be a solid set up guy. I have some high hopes there for him and Ogando and Scheppers too. I also think Scott Feldman should go back to being a reliever. Hopefully Frank Francisco gets healthy. I don't want to see Darren Oliver, Darren O'Day, Clay Rapada, or Mark Lowe with the team.

Of all the guys on that list, I'm most excited for Scheppers and Kirkman to make impacts next season. The others hopefully continue to make strides in simply moving up the system.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Well, Ryno is officially leaving the Cubs organization. I hope he succeeds where ever he goes.

But I have to ask, where is he going to go for a position better than what he would have with the Cubs? Supposedly he does not want to be a bench coach or anything less than a manager at the big league level, and he turned down being the Cubs AAA coach. What would his best option be?
Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Outside of Catcher, we really don't have a big hole to fill in the line up.
DH? Just declined Vlad's option. You could still resign him but you werent willing to pick up his 9 million option.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well, Ryno is officially leaving the Cubs organization. I hope he succeeds where ever he goes.

But I have to ask, where is he going to go for a position better than what he would have with the Cubs? Supposedly he does not want to be a bench coach or anything less than a manager at the big league level, and he turned down being the Cubs AAA coach. What would his best option be?
Probably AAA manager or bench coach. No other team is going to look at him as highly as the Cubs did.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Probably AAA manager or bench coach. No other team is going to look at him as highly as the Cubs did.
Exactly. The only team I supposedly heard was Toronto interviewed him for their manager, but that's it. He is probably going to be a bench coach somewhere would be my guess, even though he supposedly doesn't want that position (at least not with the Cubs).

Unless some team will bring him in and tell him he will have the chance to be manager in 2-3 years because the current guy will definitely be gone, but that would pretty much be the scenario with the Cubs unless Quade does miracles.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bench coach would suit Sandberg well, not that he's helping himself right now. I hope he doesn't become another Wally Backman.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
DH? Just declined Vlad's option. You could still resign him but you werent willing to pick up his 9 million option.
Oh I didn't hear that yet. I was wondering what they were gonna do. Smart move. $9M is too much. Save that money for Lee!

I hope comes back at a more reasonable price though. Love Vladdy!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it would be a mistake if Sandberg was kept as bench coach under Quade... The first time the Cubs got swept in a series, the media would be calling for Sandberg.

Also, this team sucks, and I don't want to put Sandberg in a bad position to start his career. Hopefully in 2 years the Cubs will be able to compete for something. Maybe once we're finally able to get rid of Soriano's horrible contract.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh I didn't hear that yet. I was wondering what they were gonna do. Smart move. $9M is too much. Save that money for Lee!

I hope comes back at a more reasonable price though. Love Vladdy!!!
I'd imagine some team will give him that or something close to that to be a full time DH. He still hit very well.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd imagine some team will give him that or something close to that to be a full time DH. He still hit very well.
Speaking of, what are the Yankees plans for Lance Berkman? He would make a decent 1B/ DH if Konerko gets away.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Speaking of, what are the Yankees plans for Lance Berkman? He would make a decent 1B/ DH if Konerko gets away.
He's not coming back. He was horrible, but we gave up nothing to get him. He's not a switch hitter anymore as he's just brutal from the right side.

I want the Yankees to re-sign Thames to be DH against all lefties. And against righties they can rotate it with Posada and A-Rod getting the bulk of those games.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's not coming back. He was horrible, but we gave up nothing to get him. He's not a switch hitter anymore as he's just brutal from the right side.

I want the Yankees to re-sign Thames to be DH against all lefties. And against righties they can rotate it with Posada and A-Rod getting the bulk of those games.
Yeah, injuries in the last couple of years and age are catching up to him. I think he would do well at DH as a cheap option against right handed starters. Obviously he won't be a .300 hitter and drive in 100, but could at least be a solid DH if he recovers from injuries well.
Thames could always hit lefties well, so he will always have a job in the majors. Posada is a solid player, but I don't agree with having him DH. Cervelli will likely get more of the workload next season, but unless you guys are planning on bringing up Montero, I don't think Posada should DH. ARod is getting older and has had injuries, so he could rotate in like you said.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clint Hurdle and Jeff Bannister are the finalists for the Pirates' job.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a suprise but the Mets exercised Jose Reyes' $11 million option.

I wonder when ARod makes the full time switch to DH If they'll also move Jeter over to 3B as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
it would be a mistake if Sandberg was kept as bench coach under Quade... The first time the Cubs got swept in a series, the media would be calling for Sandberg.

Also, this team sucks, and I don't want to put Sandberg in a bad position to start his career. Hopefully in 2 years the Cubs will be able to compete for something. Maybe once we're finally able to get rid of Soriano's horrible contract.
Absolutely. Which is why it was smart A. not to hire Sandberg because the team is going no where fast and B. not to hire him as a bench coach.

Just making the point that prior to the Cubs hiring Quade, Sandberg supposedly said manager or bust, and is now looking at being a bench coach or AAA coach somewhere other than the Cubs...basically a lateral move even though he's not really being blocked in Chicago. Very confusing to me.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Really? You think someone will give him $9M?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Clint Hurdle and Jeff Bannister are the finalists for the Pirates' job.
Who do you want?