Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-05-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't see Gose as anything better than a poor mans Bossman Junior (the current crappy one, not the one that was awesome).
Haha, that's actually a really good comparison. We'll see if he puts it together but you're right he probably doesn't. Do you like Tate or Mitchell?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once Tate cuts down on his strikeouts, I'm sure he'll be a solid outfielder but probably never elite. Apparently Mitchell is fine from the ankle injury, so I'm sure he'll be ready to come up in mid to late 2012 and haunt my dreams for a while in the division.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got a question for some of you guys: who do you think targets Jayson Werth in FA?

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoSox are going to go after him hard. JD Drew ******* blows!
I'm sick of him making bank to sit on the bench because of hangnails.
I swear, Samuel L. Jackson plays him in Unbreakable

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
BoSox are going to go after him hard. JD Drew ******* blows!
I'm sick of him making bank to sit on the bench because of hangnails.
I swear, Samuel L. Jackson plays him in Unbreakable
I'll gladly take JD Drew if you want to underrate him like that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-06-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Prospect Rankings and the rest of my offseason analysis is slowly being worked on....

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is my DePodesta?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I've got a question for some of you guys: who do you think targets Jayson Werth in FA?
I really hope Cincinnati does.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who won this trade? White Sox or Rangers?

John Danks for Brandon McCarthy

FYI, McCarthy got released today. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So who won this trade? White Sox or Rangers?

John Danks for Brandon McCarthy

FYI, McCarthy got released today. lol.
Hamilton for Volquez...

Sigh.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Where is my DePodesta?
Jed Hoyer gave us permission to speak to him but it's about 50/50 whether he comes or not. My fingers are crossed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-06-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Hamilton for Volquez...

Sigh.
Volquez is still a very good pitcher for the future, so it wasn't that bad of a trade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-06-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Volquez is still a very good pitcher for the future, so it wasn't that bad of a trade.
Yeah but I would rather have Josh.
I like Volq but no one wanted to get rid of Josh except 3 people.
Krivsky Dunn and Griffey

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hindsight is a dangerous thing.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Tigers with the first overpay of the FA season. They're close with Pheralta on 2 year $11.25 million deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-06-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll gladly take JD Drew if you want to underrate him like that.
Why is everyone so high on on JD Drew?
Does he play good D? Yes.
.255 / 20 / 60 That's what goes for 14 million a year these days.
**** that. I rather have Nava or one of our other young OF play than have him soak up dollars
that can go to signing a big bat next summer or trading and signing A. Gonzalez this summer.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Jed Hoyer gave us permission to speak to him but it's about 50/50 whether he comes or not. My fingers are crossed.

I want him now.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Why is everyone so high on on JD Drew?
Does he play good D? Yes.
.255 / 20 / 60 That's what goes for 14 million a year these days.
**** that. I rather have Nava or one of our other young OF play than have him soak up dollars
that can go to signing a big bat next summer or trading and signing A. Gonzalez this summer.
Oh no he doesn't have a high average or a lot of RsBI, he must suck!

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-06-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

For 14 million dollars? You better stand out.
Like I said, he's a bottom of the line hitter/ good defender
The BoSox have a couple of those already sitting on the bench with potential to be more
I swear, people are still believe the hype of Drew from his prospect days.
We over pay him for what he provides. Simple enough. If he takes a paycut then sure but I ddoubt he takes one.
Plus we're talking about a fragile piece of **** that can't ever play a full season.
He goes on a hot hitting streak once a year and everyone thinks he's about to blow up. Yet, he never does.

**** JD Drew

Old 11-06-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Yes, a guy with an OBP above .380 as a Red Sox player is definitely a bottom of the order hitter.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-06-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I want him now.
Me too. Not to sound weird but everytime I check Mets news I'm hoping it's that we've hired him or Fuson or both.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-06-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Tigers with the first overpay of the FA season. They're close with Pheralta on 2 year $11.25 million deal.
There are no shortstops available. Certainly he's not a stud, but signing Peralta fills out their infield while keeping all their prospects and free agent money. Now they can focus on getting a corner OF and DH with the 50 million that's come free. Also need a 5th starter and setup man.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
There are no shortstops available. Certainly he's not a stud, but signing Peralta fills out their infield while keeping all their prospects and free agent money. Now they can focus on getting a corner OF and DH with the 50 million that's come free. Also need a 5th starter and setup man.
Felipe Lopez for cheap is a better move.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Felipe Lopez for cheap is a better move.
No power. Tigers need some power potential.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, a guy with an OBP above .380 as a Red Sox player is definitely a bottom of the order hitter.
Do you watch the Red Sox or do you just have a hard on for Drew?
He hits towards the back end of the lineup consistently.
Only time he moves up is when there are injuries or Francona is giving someone else the day off

Like I said before, I think we have young guys who can out produce Drew.
I just want a change of scenery out in RF. Even Jason Werth would be great.

You can have JD Drew if youd like. I rather pass.
It always seems like he's going to blow up but constantly disappoints.