Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
He most definitely is, only reason he is being discussed is because the D'Backs made a ridiculous demand and people are doing everything they can to try to match it
He's not worth two Top 10 prospects. Contract wise he's worth what he'll be getting but not the return the Dbacks are looking for.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's not worth two Top 10 prospects. Contract wise he's worth what he'll be getting but not the return the Dbacks are looking for.
I would consider him worth two top ten prospects. I'd definitely trade Butler, Myers and Aaron Crow for Upton (if I HAD to, I would substitute Hosmer for Butler, which would be two top ten prospects).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I would consider him worth two top ten prospects. I'd definitely trade Butler, Myers and Aaron Crow for Upton (if I HAD to, I would substitute Hosmer for Butler, which would be two top ten prospects).
You're better off getting similar production from an IF at a cheaper rate though. An .800 OPS from a top prospect isn't that hard to come by. It's more diffcult to compare a pitching prospect to him though. Gun to my head I would do Butler and Crow though I think. I'm not very high on Crow though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-18-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're better off getting similar production from an IF at a cheaper rate though. An .800 OPS from a top prospect isn't that hard to come by. It's more diffcult to compare a pitching prospect to him though. Gun to my head I would do Butler and Crow though I think. I'm not very high on Crow though.
Upton could conceivably play center field, and that's pretty damn valuable all things considered. I would definitely do Crow/Butler, as I've never been all that high on Butler (I still say he's overrated) and Crow has issues.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Upton could conceivably play center field, and that's pretty damn valuable all things considered. I would definitely do Crow/Butler, as I've never been all that high on Butler (I still say he's overrated) and Crow has issues.
Butler is what he is at this point but he's still a very good bat. If Upton played CF his value would be much higher but I'm not sure he could do it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-18-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
..........Yes he does, if he can harness it properly. His fastball/slider combo is ******* ridiculous, he just can't seem to control them at all (although I did hear that his fastball did dip in velocity).
Yes, his fastball's velo dropped a **** ton. He may have had better stuff in college but Bard's stuff is electric and i havent seen the same Miller since like his first year or 2. Hes not the same guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix for Cy was the right thing to do, but the egregious error that the voters committed by robbing Johan in 2005 will forever taint the award for me.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Felix for Cy was the right thing to do, but the egregious error that the voters committed by robbing Johan in 2005 will forever taint the award for me.
I want that Johan back.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I want that Johan back.
So do I. Johan was all class, always business here. It was so hilarious to watch people try to hit his changeup, cause they knew that **** was coming and still had no chance.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Congrats King Felix.

And did I just see a post from T24L? WHere the **** you been man? The Giants won the World Series. I swear. It's true.
Seriously T2, I thought maybe you sabermetricly slapped someone to hard and got suspended or banned.
Man I came on here looking for you after the Rays lost Rangers series. I was so bummed out, went to game 2 and sat in LF and had chant for Carl because I didn't we'd ever see him in Tampa again. The chanting was almost as depressing as losing the WS in 2008, seriously. Then I had to work for game 5 which meant I had to listen to people who couldn't possibly care any less about baseball openly root for the Rangers just cause they thought it was funny and I had to listen to that from the time the game started to 6am. I just wanted to see another Rays fan. If there is a hell then that's it.
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Butler is what he is at this point but he's still a very good bat. If Upton played CF his value would be much higher but I'm not sure he could do it.
why don't you think so? can't read the ball well or something? its certainly not his speed, glove or arm

Last edited by fenikz : 11-18-2010 at 10:53 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How much longer could Upton play centerfield? He looks like he's going to get even bigger unlike his brother. My only problem with trading 2 top 10 prospects for him is that Upton is like a prospect himself. Except he already has 3 years service time and is going to be paid a lot in two years. He also took a step back last year. If you're a team with 2 top 10 prosects or even 2 top 20 prospects, you're better off holding onto them. And getting production, and probably cheaper production, out of them.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 11-19-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austine Romine has 122 hits the last 3 years over 3 levels of the minors. Funny how numbers work out sometimes.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Towers trades Upton away I will lose all faith in him actually being a respectable GM. Upton is the center of the D'Backs core at a young age with a great contract. You don't trade him.

And I don't like trading Scottie Allen for Miranda either. Allen had decent numbers in South Bend last year as a 19 year old and has good stuff. This will probably turn out to be a horrible move in a few years.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
If Towers trades Upton away I will lose all faith in him actually being a respectable GM. Upton is the center of the D'Backs core at a young age with a great contract. You don't trade him.

And I don't like trading Scottie Allen for Miranda either. Allen had decent numbers in South Bend last year as a 19 year old and has good stuff. This will probably turn out to be a horrible move in a few years.
Come be a Rangers fan! It's fun!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when are the silver slugger awards announced?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
when are the silver slugger awards announced?
I think they have already. I know Cano got one.

EDIT: Here's a link. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
Old 11-19-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangers signed Barrett Loux. Not a bad signing if he proves healthy.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Felix Doubront project more of a reliever or as a starter in the majors? Keith Law said that the Pirates would be a great fit for him, and the BoSox seem to want to trade him.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Pirates DFA Zach Duke, Delwyn Young, and Andy LaRoche. I'm somewhat sad to see DY go. He was a good bat off the bench.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Pirates DFA Zach Duke, Delwyn Young, and Andy LaRoche. I'm somewhat sad to see DY go. He was a good bat off the bench.
Probably just a numbers crunch. Yesterday you had to protect guys from Rule 5 so they probably needed the 40 man roster spots. Who did you protect?
Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Probably just a numbers crunch. Yesterday you had to protect guys from Rule 5 so they probably needed the 40 man roster spots. Who did you protect?
I expected those three to leave, but not at this moment. We protected Michael Crotta, Tony Watson, Kyle McPhearson, Danny Moskos, and Jeff Locke.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Does Felix Doubront project more of a reliever or as a starter in the majors? Keith Law said that the Pirates would be a great fit for him, and the BoSox seem to want to trade him.
If he can continue to improve his breaking ball, then a starter.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His velocity is pretty average and he had a bump coming out of the pen this year. I like him more as a bullpen guy, but they'll be people who think he can start. His curve is NASTY when he can locate it, but he has a hard time doing that sometimes.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha. Braves sold Cody Johnson to the Yanks. Guy has about as much power potential as anyone in the game...too bad his strikeout numbers are some of the worst minor league baseball has ever seen. And they assigned him to AAA. Freaking crazy, I dont see him hitting that pitching at all.

Enjoy the occassional 480 footer and daily 3 strikeout performances.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote