Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of deals.... Josh Hamilton for Edison Volquez....

Thank you Cincy!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is 0 chance Tulo starts over Reyes in the ASG. And there is 0 chance he deserves to. Reyes has been amazing.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupidly took the over in an obvious pitcher's duel - Tyler Chatwood @ Felipe Paulino. FUUUUUU
Old 06-01-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Butler has hit into some rough lkuck this year.he deserved to get that break
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a boner for the catch that Cutch just made. It was VERY sexy.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 Yankees lead in the AL All star voting.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I have a boner for the catch that Cutch just made. It was VERY sexy.
Did you see Adam Jones? May have been the catch of the year. Willie Mays style with a cleat on the CF wall. Unbelievable.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha Mauer is going to end up still making the all star game. Playing is so overrated.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Did you see Adam Jones? May have been the catch of the year. Willie Mays style with a cleat on the CF wall. Unbelievable.
That one was sexy as well.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Just heard something incredible. If the Pirates hold on to beat the Mets tonight (it's 7-2 in the 8th), they will have 17 road wins in 2011. They had 17 road wins in all of 2010. Wow.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

13 straight games where the Pirate starters have allowed 2 ERs or less. Incredible.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Kevin Correia leads the MLB in wins with 8. Suck it.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fairly certain Alcides Escobar may already be the best defensive SS in Royals history
Old 06-02-2011, 02:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for my AL Starters right now. I just looked at stats and who I was impressed with. And for both leagues, I wanted no more than two from one team for no favortism. And I want to reward the teams with the best records (Philly and Cleveland). So my AL line up.

1. Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Boston Red Sox
Leader in hits. Needed another OF. His stats impressed me the most.

2. Asdrubal Cabrera SS, Cleveland Indians
He has hit the most HRs, has the most RBIs. Plus man, I always want to reward the best teams, especially in the AL where I have no fave team.

3. Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Boston Red Sox
The only position I didn't take a real close look at. I've loved this man since he was in San Diego and am glad he went to the AL.

4. JOEY BATS!!!!!!! aka Jose Bautista RF, Toronto Blue Jays
Do I need to say really? He leads in homers.

5. Robinson Cano 2B, New York Yankees
Most HRs by a 2B and a top 5 avg among AL 2B.

6. Curtis Granderson CF, New York Yankees
Dude is haveing a great season.

7. Travis Hafner DH, Cleveland Indians
I hate the DH. Its dumb. But he has the best average in among DH. Altho thats prolly maybe cuz he is injured. But screw the DH. And he is on the best team.

8. Adrian Beltre 3B, Texas Rangers
Great story! Leader in HRs and RBIs. Only the average concerned me voting for him. But didn't mind it.

9. Alex Avila C, Detroit Tigers
Russell Martin was another consideration. But I think Avila leads in home runs. And he deserves a nod. He a good story.

Pitcher: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
I actually had Verlander down. But I decided I only have two Western division guys. I don't like that. So I went with Hernandez.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:46 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
13 straight games where the Pirate starters have allowed 2 ERs or less. Incredible.
I don't think the Twins have had one game like that from a starter in the last 13.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Terry Collins is going to kill someone after today's game.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terry Collins is going to kill someone after today's game.
He signed up for it. No other teams were exactly knocking down his door.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Well this game got a lot more interesting.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm as shocked as anyone that's for sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Time for my AL Starters right now. I just looked at stats and who I was impressed with. And for both leagues, I wanted no more than two from one team for no favortism. And I want to reward the teams with the best records (Philly and Cleveland). So my AL line up.

1. Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Boston Red Sox
Leader in hits. Needed another OF. His stats impressed me the most.

2. Asdrubal Cabrera SS, Cleveland Indians
He has hit the most HRs, has the most RBIs. Plus man, I always want to reward the best teams, especially in the AL where I have no fave team.

3. Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Boston Red Sox
The only position I didn't take a real close look at. I've loved this man since he was in San Diego and am glad he went to the AL.

4. JOEY BATS!!!!!!! aka Jose Bautista RF, Toronto Blue Jays
Do I need to say really? He leads in homers.

5. Robinson Cano 2B, New York Yankees
Most HRs by a 2B and a top 5 avg among AL 2B.

6. Curtis Granderson CF, New York Yankees
Dude is haveing a great season.

7. Travis Hafner DH, Cleveland Indians
I hate the DH. Its dumb. But he has the best average in among DH. Altho thats prolly maybe cuz he is injured. But screw the DH. And he is on the best team.

8. Adrian Beltre 3B, Texas Rangers
Great story! Leader in HRs and RBIs. Only the average concerned me voting for him. But didn't mind it.

9. Alex Avila C, Detroit Tigers
Russell Martin was another consideration. But I think Avila leads in home runs. And he deserves a nod. He a good story.

Pitcher: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
I actually had Verlander down. But I decided I only have two Western division guys. I don't like that. So I went with Hernandez.
1. Curtis Granderson, CF, New York Yankees

2. Asdrubal Cabrera, SS, Cleveland Indians

3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Detroit Tigers
Take a closer look. Miggy has had the better season.

4. Jose Bautista, RF, Toronto Blue Jays

5. David Ortiz, DH, Boston Red Sox
I love the Indians, but Ortiz is having a great season.

6. Matt Joyce, LF, Tampa Rays
Not sure how you figure out the defense, but he's had a better season than Ellsbury.

7. Ben Zobrist, 2B, Tampa Rays
I'll take him over Cano. He's a much better defensive player, and equal on the offense so far this season.

8. Adrian Beltre, 3B, Texas Rangers
I like Beltre here too, but A-Rod is also fine.

9. Russell Martin, C, New York Yankees
I think you picked the wrong guy. Both have had great statistical seasons, but Martin is the better defensive player. Martin leads AL catchers in homers, stolen bases, and has a .372wOBA. It's Martin.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Those good ol' Buccos. Pathetic.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
7. Ben Zobrist, 2B, Tampa Rays
I'll take him over Cano. He's a much better defensive player, and equal on the offense so far this season.
Questionable at best. And defense has never gotten you into the all star game.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zobrist has been the far better defensive player, not really questionable at all. Cano has only had 1 season where he was a plus defender and that was a few years ago.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Questionable at best. And defense has never gotten you into the all star game.

Also, you are very wrong. It's not even close.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Zobrist has been the far better defensive player, not really questionable at all. Cano has only had 1 season where he was a plus defender and that was a few years ago.
Cano has been a plus defender his whole career, minus 2008 and this year so far.