Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Would the Mets trade David Wright? What would their asking price be?
A Heimlich Maneuver.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Yo or Twins fans,

Do you think the outfield in Minnesota next year could be Benson, Revere, and Span?

Hmmm...well Kubel, Cuddyer, and Young's contracts are all up. We'll probably resign Kubel but Thome is gone after this year so he'll be the permanent DH. I would say Delmon is probably gone but I don't really see them letting Cuddyer walk he's too popular in the clubhouse, and he's starting to swing the bat better too. Obviously Span is there for sure, and I think we really like Revere a lot so maybe Span/Revere/Cuddyer? Pretty damn good defensively except Cuddy but I'm not sure about Revere as a hitter.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-04-2011 at 11:21 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Ben Revere
Alexi Casilla
Michael Cuddyer
Danny Valencia
Delmon Young
Brian Dinkelman
Jason Repko
Rene Rivera
Matt Tolbert

Somehow this lineup scored 7 runs and won tonight. Be very ashamed Kansas City.
That lineup is horrible. I get to see that team a week from tomorrow!!!! My first game at Target Field. Brian Dinkelman, didn't he host American Idol! I can't wait to see the fighting Dinkelmans next week.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That lineup is horrible. I get to see that team a week from tomorrow!!!! My first game at Target Field. Brian Dinkelman, didn't he host American Idol! I can't wait to see the fighting Dinkelmans next week.

Yeah well when your best 5 hitters are injured what can you do haha.

And Brian Dinkelman was intentionally walked tonight for some reason.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
=I'm not sure about Revere as a hitter.
I would give him some time. Hitting has been Revere's calling card in his minor league career. He never hit below .300 in his 4 minor league season. Im real high on Revere.

Is it safe to say he is a top 5 guy from the Class of 2007 1st Round? I would go with David Price, Rick Porcello, Jason Heyward, Madison Baumgarner, then a tie at 5 with Matt LaPorta and Revere.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:13 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I would give him some time. Hitting has been Revere's calling card in his minor league career. He never hit below .300 in his 4 minor league season. Im real high on Revere.
Yeah I know he's always hit for average, but from the little I've seen of him he needs to be a little more patient, and he has absolutely no power.

Who knows though I'm probably judging him way too early here.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Is it safe to say he is a top 5 guy from the Class of 2007 1st Round? I would go with David Price, Rick Porcello, Jason Heyward, Madison Baumgarner, then a tie at 5 with Matt LaPorta and Revere.
Matt Wieters and JP Arencibia would like words.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Matt Wieters and JP Arencibia would like words.
Wow, I can't believe I missed Wieters. Damn

Old 06-05-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Wieters ever going to hit like Piazza like all you fools thought?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Pujols you are a bad bad man

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Albert Pujols you are a bad bad man
Why do you give him anything to hit there? Stupid Cubs, The man is locked in.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marmol has blown 2 wins in a row for Zambrano. Zambrano pitched great in both games too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals have blown 11 saves this season and still have the most wins in the National League. It's a shame though, we really could be 47-14 and running away with the Central.

I'm sure all those blown saves will come back to haunt us later.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Cardinals have blown 11 saves this season and still have the most wins in the National League. It's a shame though, we really could be 47-14 and running away with the Central.

I'm sure all those blown saves will come back to haunt us later.
I forget this point cuz we're 11 games over .500. But yeah, that would be crazy.

And Albert Pujols, seriously, have my babies!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Backs just came back from 4-1 in the bottom of the 9th, this team just never quits

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:17 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Marmol has blown 2 wins in a row for Zambrano. Zambrano pitched great in both games too.
Zambrano beat the hell out of Marmol in the clubhouse after the game.

Ok, I made that up...but you never know what Big Z does behind closed doors. I am still sure that he raped Michael Barrett after the fight in the dugout a few years back.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the sweep Texas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Revere doesn't draw walks and doesn't hit for power. He is pretty good defensively but his throwing arm is comparable to Johnny Damon or Shannon Stewart. I really don't see him as a solid everyday player.

I really can't imagine Cuddyer leaving, he will probably re-sign, something like 2 years at $5M per, not that I would give him that contract. I really can't stand Cuddyer as a player, his flaws are only getting worse. You'd think someone would tell the guy to lay off a ******* low and away breaking ball with 2 strikes for once in his career.

Delmon is most likely gone, he's playing bad enough to earn a non-tender if he doesn't start getting some extra base hits.

Span is not going anywhere.

Benson has been plagued by injuries, but he could easily challenge for an outfield spot if he stays healthy.

Aaron Hicks should travel fairly quickly through the upper level of the minors once he gets there, but I would not expect him for at least another full season. His power has made zero strides so there's some definite reason for concern on that front as far as hitting goes. He does have a great approach at the plate.

The guy I like is Oswaldo Arcia. He's been on an absolute tear (although he is a little old for low A ball at 20) for the past 1.5 seasons. OPS'd 1.094 last year and is at 1.124 so far in 2011. Interested to see where he ends up this season.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Bob Geren with such a passion. Jemile Weeks has his big league debut tonight and he bats him leadoff? THIS IS PAST LITTLE LEAGUE ****!!!!!!!! GET A ******* CLUE!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joel Hanrahan's slider is soooooooo ******* nasty.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
I hate Bob Geren with such a passion. Jemile Weeks has his big league debut tonight and he bats him leadoff? THIS IS PAST LITTLE LEAGUE ****!!!!!!!! GET A ******* CLUE!!!!!!!
You do have one of the worst OBPs in baseball. I don't think it really makes a difference. He's as good of an option as anyone else.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...yankees_060711

"Maybe these weren’t the toughest 3,000 hits ever – not as long as men such as Aaron and Mays fought racism before they even got to that night’s pitcher – but maybe they were. Depends on the angle of your story."

*sigh*
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Dumbest thing in baseball........The hill in Houston, wtf.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'backs back to playing like complete ****, going to lose 3 in a row and 4 of 5 to the Nats and Pirates :/

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoSox spankin' the yanks. I love it.

edit: Game over. 1st place. Lovely.

Last edited by Nalej : 06-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote