Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Can someone please tell me why the Cubs won't just suck it up already, have a fire sale and go into rebuild mode building around Castro? They finally have they're young star, but he is all alone and they refuse to get young. I mean, truthfully with the crap they have now they couldn't even get that many top prospects if they wanted to, but what they have now isn't working. I don't see why every year they act like they're contenders and go after 1 or 2 2nd tier FAs as if they are 1 piece away from ending this drought.
The fans want to win now. Rebuilding would take too long at this point. I don't think they have good enough scouts anyway. Felix Pie, Corey Patterson, and Eric Patterson were supposed to be huge, but look at how they turned out.

That, and Henry and Quade are morons.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's so ******* easy for teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Cubs to rebuild these days... All you have to do is buy up overpriced reclamation projects and not re-sign them the next year. Get tons of first round picks for virtually zero skin off your nuts and those picks end up being the equivalent of Top 10 picks because those teams are willing to spend more than anyone else in the draft.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:10 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god, did anyone see Jim Leyland's ejection? That was absolutely first class comedy.

Last edited by djp : 06-28-2011 at 03:14 AM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umpire: "I f***ed up"

Leyland : "that's not my f***ing problem"
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs fans like losing. They wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they ever won a WS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two points.

#1 - The New York Metropolitans. Mets/Pirates NLCS anyone?

#2 - What are some trade rumors ya'll are hearing? What's the best site for trade rumors?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton Phifer Lee? Wowzers in my trousers.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had tickets to that game but wasn't able to go.
I'm glad I didn't. The friends I was going with were all Philly fans.
I would have had to endure 3+ hrs of **** talking... and that doesn't include the 3 hr drive back home.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How's that Twins comeback going?

All in good time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants had offense today. It was very strange.

edit: no longer last in runs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 06-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Loney is better than Overbay. That's all I need to know.
Everyone is better than Overbay.

People are talking about the Pirates dealing Maholm to get a first basemen, but I'd much rather see him extended. I think we can field a decent lineup with help from AAA and returns from injuries rather than trading our biggest strength in our Pitching staff or any of the prospects they've been trying to collect.

Without making a trade our lineup can be Tabata, Presley, Walker, Cutch, Alvarez, Doumit, D'arnud, and Jones. That's really not bad at all with some pretty good bench players out of Paul, Harrison, and Cedeno.

Weakest spot is Jones at first. Only trade I'd make is to find someone at first, and I don't think dealing Maholm is worth any upgrade we can get over Jones. Especially is Hague keeps killing the ball at AAA, he could provide another internal solution.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wily Mo walk off in the bottom of the 9th after the Indians tied it in the top
http://t.co/XDSgtcp

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Reyes has done up to this point is pretty amazing. I can't see anyway we trade him but I have no idea what's going to happen in the offseason. I can see a team really overpaying but Reyes needs to be a Met.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
What Reyes has done up to this point is pretty amazing. I can't see anyway we trade him but I have no idea what's going to happen in the offseason. I can see a team really overpaying but Reyes needs to be a Met.
So he can revert back to his 2009-2010 form once he gets his pay day?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Better than giving a guy who can't play defense anymore and can barely hit $17 million a year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Sort of like how Cano has reverted back to his normal self after his MVP like year? It's very possible because he's not going to keep up this pace obviously. He's still worth a big contract because of the position he plays and the numbers he'll put up at minimum. 2006-2009 Reyes is still a great player at a position where there aren't many in the league.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sort of like how Cano has reverted back to his normal self after his MVP like year? It's very possible because he's not going to keep up this pace obviously. He's still worth a big contract because of the position he plays and the numbers he'll put up at minimum. 2006-2009 Reyes is still a great player at a position where there aren't many in the league.
Yeah but he won't be worth what he's going to demand after this season. Not even close.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Better than giving a guy who can't play defense anymore and can barely hit $17 million a year.
We're in a completely different situation. Jeter can sit on the bench his last year making that and it won't hurt our pockets. That was a different type of contract anyway. It's difficult to play hardball with Jeter in negotiations. Cashman had to walk a fine line, and probably even crossed it when working out that deal.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'd go no more than 6/120.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You have a ton of ridiculous contracts on the team so it doesn't matter. We all know the Yanks can afford to overpay.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
You have a ton of ridiculous contracts on the team so it doesn't matter. We all know the Yanks can afford to overpay.
Of course. But with the situation you're in, I can't see Alderson overpaying Reyes because of a career year in a walk season. I'm sure he had a figure in mind before the season started, and he probably won't or shouldn't change from that.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Honestly I think before the year he wanted no part of re-signing Reyes. There will definitely be a figure in mind and who knows what it is. With all the money we have coming off the books we can easily afford a $20 million a year contract for Reyes and still be below a $100 million payroll. We're going to have cheap production from a good amount of spots on the team next year and as we've seen so far this team isn't as in a dire situation as most people painted. It's going to be a fine line for the rest of the year because Sandy can't piss off the fanbase if we're doing well but we do need to get something back for the likes of Beltran etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By keeping him, you block a guy who could be significantly better next season at SS (JOSE REYES) or DH (I don't know, pretty much anyone).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

This really means nothing about Jose Reyes but I found it to be interesting none the less:

Quote:
The only other player with that many triples and steals in his first 1,000 games was Hall of Famer Ty Cobb, who had 106 triples and 391 stolen bases by his 1,000th game in 1912.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Looks like Phil Hughes' velocity is back. Orioles should follow the same plan with Matusz. Although they might not get him back to September then.

Sometimes I think Nolan Ryan might be right and all these innings limits become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 06-29-2011 at 01:16 PM.