Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I'm watching Top 75 Defensive Plays on MLB Network and I am absolutely loving this countdown. So many plays I haven't seen in years.

- Ken Griffey Jr at Tiger Stadium.. absolutely incredible robbery
- Rey Ordonez was so silky
- Vladimir Guerrero one hopping the plate with a throw from the rightfield corner at Shea Stadium with NO CROW HOP. He just picked up the ball and threw it. Vladdy the Expo was so unreal
- Jim Edmonds.
- Walt Weiss in the playoffs, you've gotta be joking me
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Ok, I'm watching Top 75 Defensive Plays on MLB Network and I am absolutely loving this countdown. So many plays I haven't seen in years.

- Ken Griffey Jr at Tiger Stadium.. absolutely incredible robbery
- Rey Ordonez was so silky
- Vladimir Guerrero one hopping the plate with a throw from the rightfield corner at Shea Stadium with NO CROW HOP. He just picked up the ball and threw it. Vladdy the Expo was so unreal
- Jim Edmonds.
- Walt Weiss in the playoffs, you've gotta be joking me
That Griffey play was insane. You don't see it enough. I also remember the Vlad play which had me dumbfounded. Edmonds just made all those diving catches because he got bad jumps.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roberto Alomar's play in short right was absurd as well.

Dewayne Wise's catch.. even as a Twins fan, gotta give credit. Insane.

They just showed Endy Chavez' catch too. Ridiculous
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Ok, the other one I wanted to say something about was Brett Butler's robbery and ensuing slow roll, so classic. I wonder if he did that on purpose.

Yeah, #1 has to be this Ozzie Smith play when he was on the Padres.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Endy's catch :(

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet that Matthews Jr. catch from a few years ago is up there.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I challenge you to find a worse baseball player than Brandon Inge.

Last edited by Xiomera : 07-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Easy. Chone Figgins. Unless he's so bad it no longer counts at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Easy. Chone Figgins. Unless he's so bad it no longer counts at this point.
I'd trade Inge for Chone. Does that answer your question?
Old 07-08-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't. Chone costs more money and has less power than Electric Eye's girlfriend.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I wouldn't. Chone costs more money and has less power than Electric Eye's girlfriend.
At least Chone has one recognizable skill: his speed.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dane Sardinha.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I suppose. I just disagree with you.

Red Sox got all over Britton in the first today. Chased before recording a full IP to the tune of 7 earned runs. Had some real bad defense mixed in with that too though. Should have only been a horrible inning, not a catastrophic one.

Exciting to hear Kyle Weiland will be getting the spot start on Sunday instead of Aceves. He's earned it for sure. He's been mowing guys down in his past couple starts, striking out 19 and walking none. Doesn't project to be a front of the rotation guy, but he's got pretty good stuff with a mid 90's FB that sits at 92-94 and can touch a bit higher in relief supposedly. He might end up there too, if we can't clear a rotation spot for him, and he might be more effective in that role eventually.

Hopefully he'll go out and do something crazy that convinces the organization they're better off with him starting the next few(all season) rather than Lackey.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Berkman just hit his 24th home run of the season.....that's about 6 more than I expected him to have at seasons end.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Dane Sardinha.
Give me the Hawaiian (Not D).
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I'm half convinced Berkman stole some of Pujols' talent Space Jam style. Saw quite a bit of him last year with the Yankees and he looked absolutely cooked.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

So far tonight, Inge has an error on a routine ground ball (the runner later scored) and popped up to third base with the bases loaded an no one out.

Still searching for anyone worse ...
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Still searching for anyone worse ...
Look at the Giants roster and take your pick.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm half convinced Berkman stole some of Pujols' talent Space Jam style. Saw quite a bit of him last year with the Yankees and he looked absolutely cooked.
So does your girlfriend have more power than Chone or not?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

She's got a decent serve in tennis, so maybe I guess. Chone is setting the standards extremely low though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Look at the Giants roster and take your pick.
Still all better than Inge, whose defense used to be his single redeeming quality. Now he's a ******* statue at third.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mays' "The Catch" is overrated IMO. Mays even stated in his bio that he doesn't think it was his best catch.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still all better than Inge, whose defense used to be his single redeeming quality. Now he's a ******* statue at third.
I read last night that Manny Burriss has an OPS+ of 46. Inge has got to be better than that.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Holy crap. Beckett might be hurt now too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I read last night that Manny Burriss has an OPS+ of 46. Inge has got to be better than that.
Perhaps. I can find stats in which Inge is worse, however. Still nothing definitive.