Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AL Lineup:

Granderson CF
Cabrera SS
Gonzalez 1B
Bautista RF
Hamilton LF
Beltre 3B
Ortiz DH
Cano 2B
Avila C

Weaver is starting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NL Lineup is constructed oddly in my opinion. But Bochy has always had a hard time generating offense.

AL lineup is deep when Cano bats 8th. You could say the same about Tulo but he should be batting up higher.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 07-11-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tulo is batting 8th also. It's an All Star Lineup of course it's deep. The lineups are pretty even numbers wise it's just the AL has more "names."

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tulo is batting 8th also. It's an All Star Lineup of course it's deep. The lineups are pretty even numbers wise it's just the AL has more "names."
Like Alex Aliva?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By names you mean guys who have done it more consistently. Which is what I'll take my chances with. But I still don't like the construction of the NL lineup even given the 9 choices.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well not really. If you do position by position it's about even just using their numbers from this year.

C McCann > Avila
1B Gonzalez > Fielder
2B Cano = Weeks
3B Beltre > Rolen
SS Asdrubal > Tulo
LF Holliday > Hamilton
CF Kemp > Granderson
RF Bautista > Berkman
DH Ortiz > Beltran

5-3 AL with one tie but all very close except for 3B.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 07-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3B is really weak for the NL with all the injuries. I know Berkman was voted in at OF, but if Bochy wanted a competent person in the RF, they shoulda really put Beltran there instead of Berkman. Don't get me wrong I love the Big Pumma and he is the reason we are anywhere near first place, but his defense.....well lacks a bit.

And to add to GF's brilliant post......Halladay > Weaver. And I would give the slightest of edges to the NL with the pitching.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah well that makes no sense either. Beltran's knees are fine and he's been good in RF. Berkman will probably cost the NL team defensively. I don't know why Sandoval or Aramis Ramirez aren't at 3B for the NL. Rolen is terrible this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-11-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aramis Ramirez was asked to participate in the all-star game on sunday, but he declined because of family plans. Also... he has put up the entirety of his numbers the last three weeks.

Granted, Rolen would have been an all-star anyway.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even as a Reds fan, I think it's ridiculous that Rolen is in the game, much less starting. He has been terrible offensively this year. Defense, however, is as good as ever.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well not really. If you do position by position it's about even just using their numbers from this year.

C McCann > Avila
1B Gonzalez > Fielder
2B Cano = Weeks
3B Beltre > Rolen
SS Asdrubal > Tulo
LF Holliday > Hamilton
CF Kemp > Granderson
RF Bautista > Berkman
DH Ortiz > Beltran

5-3 AL with one tie but all very close except for 3B.
I don't care about just this year. I'd rate Tulo better than Asbrubal. We all know he is a better player. What Asdrubal has done over 80 something games doesn't mean as much as what he has done over the last 3-4 years. I just don't like the construction of the lineup. Tulo should be batting higher. Holliday too. The lineup changes so much with subs that I'd rather get Tulo a potential 3 ABs. Batting 8th guarantees him 2 maybe even 1.

In a perfect world this game wouldn't mean anything and the lineups wouldn't matter as they would just be having fun.

I'd also compare them via spot in the lineup if anything. Because if you rate them by position, then defense has to count for something, and it would change things.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 07-11-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tulo is going to play most of the game since there are only 2 NL SS on the roster. He'll get 2 AB's definitely and possibly 3.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picks anyone? I'm goin Gonzo over Kemp

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme Prince.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone bold enough to predict Rickie Weeks?

I'm taking Jose Bautista.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Anyone bold enough to predict Rickie Weeks?

I'm taking Jose Bautista.
i'll take rickie

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Least homers? I say Cano hits the fewest (not counting Holliday who appears to suck at this).
Old 07-11-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

these are pathetic, upton would of raped this so hard

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
these are pathetic, upton would of raped this so hard
Really surprised MLB didn't mandate that a Diamondback be involved in this thing.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope prince fielder gets booed

Old 07-11-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys with nice swings tend to do well in this. I'll take Cano to at least advance.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I take it back. I didn't account for Cano having his father pitch to him.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ummm I <3 Cano?

Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cano hates baseballs and wants them dead.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cano is awesome, most def. my favorite Yankee right now other than members of the old guard.