Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-13-2011, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a very nice win for the Brewers as well and I never said it wasn't. It's a rare win/win right now.

There is no way we would have won a grievance hearing. Also, the only reason they are PTBNL's is because the deal materialized so quickly. Apparently they first started talking only yesterday morning. This gives the Mets time to scout players and make the best choice as to who they want in return.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Here's a good question though. With all the stuff that gets leaked to reporters and beat writers about deals and other news, why can't they ever get their hands on these PTBNL lists? It's apparently only 5 people.
Rubin will get the list within a week I bet.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Rumor that the Cards and Rays might swap Rasmus for Hellickson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a ton of teams are interested in Beltran. I hate to see him go because he's one of my all time favorite Mets players but if we can't get a pick for him I feel like we could get a solid haul for him with prospects.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Borat how would you feel about giving up Gary Brown in a deal for Beltran? He's a perfect fit for Citi so if we do deal Beltran to you guys I'm going to be dissapointed if he's not in the deal.
I would be super pissed. Especially since I wanted Brown in last draft and they actually took him which was sweet. And then I had to vehemently defend him when the SABR dorks didn't like his lack of walks.

A lot of people view him as the Giants' top prospect so I don't think he'd be involved in a Beltran deal. For Reyes would be a different issue though. Of course, you always have to note that it is Sabean pulling the trigger so you never can rule out him making a stupid ******* trade.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I would be super pissed. Especially since I wanted Brown in last draft and they actually took him which was sweet. And then I had to vehemently defend him when the SABR dorks didn't like his lack of walks.

A lot of people view him as the Giants' top prospect so I don't think he'd be involved in a Beltran deal. For Reyes would be a different issue though. Of course, you always have to note that it is Sabean pulling the trigger so you never can rule out him making a stupid ******* trade.
It's either him or Wheeler but yeah. Part of me feels like Sabean would give up one of them. I'd like either but Brown just seems perfect. At this point there is no way we deal Reyes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im all for the giants trading good prospects for beltran, i personally dont want the diamondbacks to be buyers unless its someone we can retain long term

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rumor that the Cards and Rays might swap Rasmus for Hellickson.
Hm. Interesting that the Rays would consider that. Rasmus has been a bit of a headache for the Cards along with his Dad and has under produced a little bit with the bat. Hasn't been the best defender in the world either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want the Giants trading Brown, Belt or Wheeler. I'd be fine with any other prospect being traded that helps land Beltran or Reyes.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I don't want the Giants trading Brown, Belt or Wheeler. I'd be fine with any other prospect being traded that helps land Beltran or Reyes.
I don't want to Eric Surkamp either lol.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I don't want to Eric Surkamp either lol.
Are you using Eric Surkamp as a verb?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you using Eric Surkamp as a verb?
Haha.
What, you've never Ericed anyone before?

Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds like the tribe is gonna explore adding a right handed outfielder. lots of people suggest ryan ludwick (who was an indian before we let him go due to suckage in cleveland coincidentally) though i wonder if they can get melky cabrera or jeff francoeur from the interdivision rival royals. i know kc wants pitchers and we are chock full young pitching prospects. Guys like Zach McAllister, David Huff, or Scott Barnes could be expendable. I know we won't trade Alex White, Jeanmar Gomez, Nick Hagadone, or future ace Drew Pomeranz though, they're untouchable.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Rays would be dumb to make that move. Hellickson is a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:26 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are you saying their outfield would be Fuld, Rasmus, and Joyce? What becomes of BJ Upton. If they can pull that off and turn around and trade BJ for a solid pitching prospect, I still don't think it's worth it.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So are you saying their outfield would be Fuld, Rasmus, and Joyce? What becomes of BJ Upton. If they can pull that off and turn around and trade BJ for a solid pitching prospect, I still don't think it's worth it.
Desmond Jennings and Brandon Guyer waiting in Durham. Both definitely merit a call up in this situation

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Desmond Jennings and Brandon Guyer waiting in Durham. Both definitely merit a call up in this situation
Desmond Jennings is going to spend the rest of his life in Durham.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys had to have either Pedroia or Cano for the rest of the year; who would you prefer?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:34 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
If you guys had to have either Pedroia or Cano for the rest of the year; who would you prefer?
Cano. They do certain things better than each other, but Cano's offensive production is ridiculous for a second baseman. Although, for Boston's lineup I might say Pedroia. Cano doesn't really strike me as a #2 hitter. Cano has also always been crazy good post-AS break, too.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Pirates first time as buyers, I'm really hoping they dont make that big of a splash. Id much rather see improvements come from internal solutions, such as Cedeno, Alvarez, Tabata, Meek, and Doumit coming back from injury.

Only spot I'd like to see a bat picked up is 1B to replace Overbay. I think Jones can take starts there and Hague can be called up, so there's no need to give up a ton for a bat. Catcher is another spot worth making a deal for, even though McKennry has been doing well behind the plate.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Cano. They do certain things better than each other, but Cano's offensive production is ridiculous for a second baseman. Although, for Boston's lineup I might say Pedroia. Cano doesn't really strike me as a #2 hitter. Cano has also always been crazy good post-AS break, too.
Pedroia is having just as good of an offensive year as Cano. Cano slugs better but Pedroia gets on base a lot more. They're about even this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Backs out righting Miranda and calling up Allen about time, then once he sucks we bring up Goldschimdt

Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pedroia is having just as good of an offensive year as Cano. Cano slugs better but Pedroia gets on base a lot more. They're about even this year.
i'd also say Pedroia is probably better defensively, but the main thing for me would be the fact that Cano is something else post all-star break. last year was the first time he didn't make a drastic improvement from the first to second half of the season.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
D'Backs out righting Miranda and calling up Allen about time, then once he sucks we bring up Goldschimdt
I don't get the hate for Allen. He was good at the end of last year, and has been tearing up AAA for a while now...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-14-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

It's nothing against Allen he just isn't Goldschmidt, but no one is. Goldschmidt is the best hitter in the minors.

And any decent hitter will tear up Reno it's AAA Coors without the humidor

Cody Ransom for example 326/406/643 24 HR 83 RBI 25 2b 2 3b in 85 games

Last edited by fenikz : 07-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.