Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Rumored that Edwin Jackson will get shipped to STL for Rasmus.
Ehh really? Cards are dumb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ehh really? Cards are dumb.
LaRussa is an idiot, what do you expect.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'd be Edwin Jackson, Marc Rzepczynski, and Dotel for Rasmus if it goes through.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Give me a ******* break Prince. He is staring right at his glove touching Lugo's knee, don't even try this excuse.
Yeah, wow. Dude is obviously doing a good job of blocking the plate, the throw is there. Some umpires would just use those two things and call him out. Plus there was an obvious tag. I mean I usually can't stand people complaining about refs, umps, or officials. But man, when they blow what seems to be such an obvious call, everyone has a right to be upset.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It'd be Edwin Jackson, Marc Rzepczynski, and Dotel for Rasmus if it goes through.

Still awful. Why do the Card's hate Rasmus so much.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Because you said "Card's" instead of Cards.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it has to do with his father being a douche about everything. I don't know. Rasmus needs to play everyday.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because you said "Card's" instead of Cards.

I did it just for you.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rasmus was right handed, he'd probably be a Brave already.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had fueds with LaRussa. Plus, he doesn't like McGwire, and his dad made some recent comments. Such as that the Cards are trying to make Rasmus into Skip Schumaker. But yeah, I still must say, Rasmus is better than any other dude we can put out there. I know Jay can play and all, but I'd rather have Rasmus since I don't think Jay can be an every day CF.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
He had fueds with LaRussa. Plus, he doesn't like McGwire, and his dad made some recent comments. Such as that the Cards are trying to make Rasmus into Skip Schumaker. But yeah, I still must say, Rasmus is better than any other dude we can put out there. I know Jay can play and all, but I'd rather have Rasmus since I don't think Jay can be an every day CF.

It is true though, why are they trying to make him into a slap hitter. Rasmus can be a super star, just let him be.

Hell I'd take him in RF for the Yanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Looks like the deal is official.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alex A does it again.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry, when Edwin leaves after the year the Cards will have a Supplementary first from Dotel leaving and however you spell Marc's name for Rasmus.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teahen wasn't doing much for us anyway. As for Jackson, St. Louis would make a lot more sense than Toronto.
What can Jays fans tell me about Zach Stewart? The only things that I know about him is that he's trying to make the change from power reliever to starter.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
It is true though, why are they trying to make him into a slap hitter. Rasmus can be a super star, just let him be.

Hell I'd take him in RF for the Yanks.
Haha I really don't know why they don't just let Rasmus be Rasmus. IDK, do the Cardinals think they already have too many super star power hitters so they want slap hitters. I know that makes no sense I was being sarcastic. But I think its got to do with chemistry issues is why we are trading him. Our GM said that was one of the things he tried to improve in the offseason. I personally think chemistry is overrated, but thats why I am a fan, not a GM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Beltran to the Giants is getting close for a ****** return. I swear if Culberson and Peguero are the best we get I'm going to be pissed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If the Cards were just giving away Rasmus, the Pirates should have jumped in on that.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sounds like Beltran to the Giants is getting close for a ****** return. I swear if Culberson and Peguero are the best we get I'm going to be pissed.
What did you expect? It seemed the whole time the Mets were trying to stir up and create their own market for Beltran. They asked for the moon and every team shot them down according to the so called insiders.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
If the Cards were just giving away Rasmus, the Pirates should have jumped in on that.
Well we do have a need for a starter. So we are not exactly giving him away. And I am guessing we did not wanna trade Rasmus within the division.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Jonathan Sanchez would probably be in the package.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What did you expect? It seemed the whole time the Mets were trying to stir up and create their own market for Beltran. They asked for the moon and every team shot them down according to the so called insiders.
About 15 of the Rangers B prospects are better than the Giants B prospects. I'm not expecting a Belt, Wheeler, Profar, Perez type prospect but there was still quality to be had. Also according to the "insiders" the last two days teams were starting to balk at the asking price and were prepared to give up some better quality players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I heard Jonathan Sanchez would probably be in the package.
I think Adam Rubin was mistaken on that. Wouldn't make much sense from a Mets perspective.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Buster Olney tweeted that the real deal is this:

Blue Jays get:

Colby Rasmus
Trever Miller
Brian Tallet
PJ Walters

Cards get:

Edwin Jackson
Corey Patterson
Octavio Dotel
Marc Rzepczynski

Miller would then be traded to the White Sox.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Adam Rubin was mistaken on that. Wouldn't make much sense from a Mets perspective.
Quote:
jonmorosi
#SFGiants are willing to include Gary Brown in Beltran deal, source says. Could be key development. #Mets #Braves
Sabs getting desperate because I didn't think he would include Brown. Other names that have been floated around for Beltran:
P Dan Runzler
OF Francisco Peguero
2B Charlie Culberson

If I had to take a guess the package is Brown, Peguero, and a PTBNL (most likely a pitcher).

Edit- Looks like SF is very close to getting Beltran:
Quote:
TBrownYahoo
Looks like Beltran is indeed going to SF, according to source. Logistics being worked out.
"When I'm on the field, my one thought is to completely annihilate you and do everything in my power to make you fail. I don't have a single thought about what my hair looks like, what my shoes look like, why my shirt's unbuttoned. I don't care who you are or what you've done in this game. - Brian Wilson

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 07-27-2011 at 12:17 PM.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote