Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how serious we are with Quentin but any right handed bat would be pretty vital at this point. Read that the Braves are back in the Pence stakes because of losing McCann. And we're unwilling to trade Brown or Worley.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Wheeler is pretty old for a guy two years out of high school though.
True he was a year older than most of the other HS'ers that year. I don't think thats much of a big deal though. If he can just cut down on his walks by half then the upside is ridiculous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MY GOD (stole that from Viva El Birdos).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Stros want pitching, maybe Phillies try to move Singleton for a pitcher of his caliber
They did by offering Cosart.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braves should really consider bringing up AAA All-Star, Jose Constanza. He's a 28 year old, 4th OF type. But he's extremely fast (voted BA's fastest AAA player last year), he gets on base, and he can play CF.

It's worth a shot...he's currently hitting .321 with a .370 OBP. With 23 SB. The problem is...he's another one with absolutey no power. He's a singles, slap hitter, he has like 2 doubles in 84 games. lol. But he still does manage to get on, and would still probably be an upgrade over Schafer's bat. Schafer who happens to be injured right now, as well...again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stros want pitching, maybe Phillies try to move Singleton for a pitcher of his caliber
Nothing to do with baseball but greatest avy-sig combo ever fenikz.

Back to baseball. Edwin Jackson=CHAMPIONSHIP!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is what it feels like to have an awesome GM? I like it.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So this is what it feels like to have an awesome GM? I like it.
So quickly you turn on the old GM. You used to sing his praises. Screaming for K-Rod and such.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It's funny how you love to turn everything around.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
They did by offering Cosart.
Along with Singleton, too and Ed Wade turned it down. Luckily it's Ed Wade so the Phils could still send Vance Worley and Mayberry Jr. for Pence.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's funny how you love to turn everything around.
He loved Minaya. So much more than you ever did.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He loved Minaya. So much more than you ever did.
I'm sorry, what? I killed Minaya. Relentlessly. I do recall wanting K-Rod (not at that contract because he's a reliever), but otherwise, you are very mistaken.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm sorry, what? I killed Minaya. Relentlessly. I do recall wanting K-Rod (not at that contract because he's a reliever), but otherwise, you are very mistaken.
I'm mistaken then. I just remember you constantly banging that K-Rod drum.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we have to wait another day to find out the true trade? **** that. I'm just going to sit here and believe that it's going to be Peguero and Culberson for Beltran. There. I feel better now. Where's my goddamned WS mug?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, ATL was never gentle in his hatred of Minaya. He did want K-Rod though, which I still make fun of him for, but he has hated Minaya for as long as I can remember.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
So we have to wait another day to find out the true trade? **** that. I'm just going to sit here and believe that it's going to be Peguero and Culberson for Beltran. There. I feel better now. Where's my goddamned WS mug?
In Roy Halladay's hand

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In Roy Halladay's hand
No silly, Roy is holding the "I'm Cody Ross' *****" mug.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Just for fun. In case anyone thought I was a Minaya fan.

Quote:
The system still isn't impressive at all. (In response to hearing Omar improved the farm.)

Omar sucks, but a couple of nice finds in Hisanori Takahashi and Raul Valdes. At least thus far.

Just need Omar and Jerry to get fired.

Oliver Perez makes me want to ******* slaughter people. Someone explain to me how the **** someone could give this flying sack of **** ****** 3 years 36 million. How ******* mind blowingly ******** do you have to be Omar you giant **********? Get the **** out of here, this **** cannot happen soon enough. I hope the entire Minaya family dies a horrible death for this madness. And **** you Jerry you **** in the mouth mumbling ************. You are stupid as **** and I would sleep like a ******* baby if you were to receive a metal pole through your eye.

I still think you're wrong. You're going to tell me the Wilpon family was all giddy to bring in Alex Cora for two million and forced Omar to trade for GMJ? (In response to blaming Jerry more than Omar)

I've left too much evidence behind with all my rants. I'd be caught in no time. Besides, he and Omar should be gone soon enough. If they make it past this year, all bets are off. It's still painful that I have to watch this crap though. (In response to me possible murdering Minaya)

Omar's a ******* idiot too.

I'm sure Omar thinks it's a good idea too. He's not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Omar and Jerry suck.

Omar can really turn this offseason around with Branyan and Felipe Lopez. It's a shame he's not smart enough to make either one of these moves.

Omar's line of thinking was like, "Gary Matthews Jr.? I've heard that name before. Really good defender. And you are willing to pay most of the contract? Done."

Jesus Christ. I really should be numb to the mind boggling stupidity of the Mets organization by now, but I just cannot bring myself to it. I mean, seriously. How ******* stupid can one team be, especially with the large sum of money they spend. Let's not make this out to be Oliver Perez bad, because it isn't, but once again, it shows a fundamental lack of understanding. Matthews Jr. is ******* horrendous. He's actually hurting us by even being a member of the team. Unless he plans on supplying everyone with the finest undetectable steroids there are. If so, kudos to you Omar. Somehow, I doubt it though. But, why do we find it necessary to do this when we have a ******* superior player on the roster in Pagan? Oh, he's going to be traded for a pitcher. Yeah, it's going to be an overpaid pitcher who really isn't good if we make a trade at all. It's just dumb. It's Omar making a move to make a move, and that generally doesn't work out when you are a complete idiot.

The bullpen signings were good moves. This comes a year after that awful Putz trade and K-Rod contract though. It's not hard to win a lot of games when you spend this kind of money.

I cannot wait for the day it ends. (In response to "How is Omar still a GM?")

Eh. Both know jack **** about baseball so it doesn't mean much. (In response to Omar not running the team)

Um, Omar Minaya still has a job. Anything is possible.

I don't know who to be more angry with. Omar Minaya or Oliver Perez. They are both awful though.

Theo is going to rape Omar.

For sure. And please, take Omar with you.

Thank our dumbass GM Omar Minaya for this one.

http://citifield.files.wordpress.com...ar-minaya1.jpg

Can we please fire this man now?

I wish Omar Minaya was as smart as I.

Thanks for choosing Oliver ******* Perez over Derek Lowe, Omar.

Screw you Omar. Jump off a bridge.

Few nuggets from the past few years. I think the last time I remember liking Minaya was after the Johan trade. You are right though, I did love me some K-Rod. Just that contract and the vesting option, ugh.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
No silly, Roy is holding the "I'm Cody Ross' *****" mug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins/Nationals have talked about a Span for Storen type trade.. would be nice to get AJ Cole out of that somehow, or give them Revere instead of Span.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Minaya.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade Denard Span for a ******* reliever I'm going to flip.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Twins/Nationals have talked about a Span for Storen type trade.. would be nice to get AJ Cole out of that somehow, or give them Revere instead of Span.
AJ Cole is going nowhere, and Revere is not worth Storen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
AJ Cole is going nowhere, and Revere is not worth Storen.

Well if does happen it sure as hell better include more than Drew Storen. Son of a ***** Bill Smith isn't getting ****** over once in a trade for a Nationals closer enough?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we give up Span straight up for Storen I will punch the nearest soft object as to not hurt my hand.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote