Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So that's what you look like. I am now intrigued.
Oh, NOW you think Twitter is cool.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What's with the smoldering look? Are you trying something?
I'm using PhotoBooth on a Mac, I either have to do the lip curl thing, the confused stare or the light display of anger. It shows that I'm either willing to have a lot of fun or that I have a chip on my shoulder.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i love the future of the Jays.

sign Aramis Ramirez and Hiroki Kuroda or Mark Buehrle

C- Arencibia
1B- Ramirez
2B- Hill
SS- Escobar
3B- Bautista
LF- Snider
CF- Rasmus
RF- Thames
DH- Lind

P- Kuroda or Buehrle
P- Romero
P- Morrow
P- Cecil
P- Drabek
And they still finish 4th in the AL East if they're lucky.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
As opposed to Canadian Melky?
autocorrect is a *****.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Dang Keith Law just tweeted a Big Lebowski reference to me. Minds blown.

and Ed Wade, what the hell man. Thought you were on the Phillies side.
Psh, Keith Law's already tweeted me.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think there's a chance Melky finally clicked and can be close to as good as he is now next season.
Still not a good deal for the Royals. They'll be optimized with Alex Gordon batting second and a real leadoff hitter starting things (Lorenzo Cain). That's why Melky is so easily traded, imo. He's productive and doesn't serve a role on the future roster.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
And they still finish 4th in the AL East if they're lucky.
when either the offense or pitching is good it`s a .500 club, so if both sides do well than i don`t see how the wild card isn`t in the Jays`picture...

don`t give me this Sox and Yankees stuff, because the Rays proved another team can do well in the divison

Last edited by PACKmanN : 07-31-2011 at 11:30 PM.
PACKmanN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aren't they realigning them next year anyways?

thought Houston was told they were 100% moving to the AL West just recently

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Psh, Keith Law's already tweeted me.
Did he Direct Message pictures of himself to you though?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've also talked to him on twitter, one of the best people to follow

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I'm using PhotoBooth on a Mac, I either have to do the lip curl thing, the confused stare or the light display of anger. It shows that I'm either willing to have a lot of fun or that I have a chip on my shoulder.
The chip on the shoulder look gets me.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
when either the offense or pitching is good it`s a .500 club, so if both sides do well than i don`t see how the wild card isn`t in the Jays`picture...

don`t give me this Sox and Yankees stuff, because the Rays proved another team can do well in the divison
I won't give you the Sox/Yankees stuff...I'll give you the Sox/Yankees/Rays stuff.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I won't give you the Sox/Yankees stuff...I'll give you the Sox/Yankees/Rays stuff.
Haha yeah. It's going to be hard. Don't give me this Yankees/Sox stuff? Please. Before Tampa broke through in 2008 (and their window may have already passed), you have to go back to the 1997 Orioles for another team from the division to make the playoffs. And I certainly don't think that team presented earlier will be the one to do it.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C.Bucholz has a stress fracture in his lower back.
Most likely, he's out for the season

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
C.Bucholz has a stress fracture in his lower back.
Most likely, he's out for the season
I hear he can possibly make it back for the post season... This makes the Bedard trade look better (probably why they were so gung-ho to get a starter)

Though I do have to say I am still not a huge fan of the trade. If he helps us down the stretch great but I hate getting these oft injured guys that once were good or once had potential...
Old 08-01-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's a *****. I'm just curious about why it took so long to find that out. He went through like six different doctors, most of which told him he was alright to pitch. Not saying he's hearing what he wants to hear(The team actually made him go) or inferring anything from the end result, but it is a little odd.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea its deffinatly interesting... They shut him down for a while too. Its just weird how it takes over a month to figure that out. I will say I am glad how the team handled it. With 2 of our top 3 starters out, they didn't rush him back.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot who said this but I heard it on the radio the other day. They said that Bedard has the the health of JD Drew and the PR skills of John Lackey so he'll be perfect a Red Sox.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Keith Law said something about him being the only Canadian he's met who's a complete DB. I'll take the production of a JD Drew in pitcher form down the stretch run, though. He's proven he can do well in the AL East as well.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think Keith Law said something about him being the only Canadian he's met who's a complete DB. I'll take the production of a JD Drew in pitcher form down the stretch run, though. He's proven he can do well in the AL East as well.
I still think it was a good trade as you didn't give up much, but the fact he did well 3-4 years ago in the AL East means nothing to me after two shoulder surgeries.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the Pirates' lineup actually looks decent for a change:

1) McCutchen CF
2) Jones RF
3) Walker 2B
4) Lee 1B
5) Ludwick LF
6) Alvarez 3B
7) Cedeno SS
8) McKenry C
Old 08-01-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Wow, the Pirates' lineup actually looks decent for a change:

1) McCutchen CF
2) Jones RF
3) Walker 2B
4) Lee 1B
5) Ludwick LF
6) Alvarez 3B
7) Cedeno SS
8) McKenry C

Well, McCutchen is good...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's better than it was a week or so ago...
Old 08-01-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee hitting cleanup is tremendous.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote