Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I wanted Smoak, Ackley and Pineda to look good this year and so 2 out of 3 have exceeded expectations. Just wish I had a game, where I didn't think the team would lose if they allowed a single run.

Farm system is improving a ton, esp the Pitching and lots of money coming of the books this year. Hopefully, they'll spend in the offseason.
Outside of Prince, Reyes, and Pujols, this is a really crappy market for hitters.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could always trade Pineda or one of the young pups in the minors to get a hitter. Or pay Prince 125/5 or something like that and pray he doesnt decline. The market is going to be big for him though, especially if Pujols stays in StL as expected and Boras is his agent. As much as I like Reyes's game, we need Power desperately and I still think he stays with the Mets or ends up with the Giants
Old 08-07-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
They could always trade Pineda or one of the young pups in the minors to get a hitter. Or pay Prince 125/5 or something like that and pray he doesnt decline. The market is going to be big for him though, especially if Pujols stays in StL as expected and Boras is his agent. As much as I like Reyes's game, we need Power desperately and I still think he stays with the Mets or ends up with the Giants
I'm not sure they'll dive deep into free agency after this year because they're at least 2 years away. We've been burned in the past bringing hitters in especially in that big ballpark. Fielder isnt going to want to play there either so not sure why his name keeps coming up.

The nonstop audition is actually pretty entertaining i think but they're getting to the point where it is getting hard to get all these guys on the field. The team seems to want to keep trotting Guttierez out there every night and Ichiro causes an international stir if he's sat for even one game. The new guy Robinson looks like he might turn into something but so did Wells and Carp so not sure how they all get in the lineup.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not sure they'll dive deep into free agency after this year because they're at least 2 years away. We've been burned in the past bringing hitters in especially in that big ballpark. Fielder isnt going to want to play there either so not sure why his name keeps coming up.

The nonstop audition is actually pretty entertaining i think but they're getting to the point where it is getting hard to get all these guys on the field. The team seems to want to keep trotting Guttierez out there every night and Ichiro causes an international stir if he's sat for even one game. The new guy Robinson looks like he might turn into something but so did Wells and Carp so not sure how they all get in the lineup.
They need to suck it up and bench Gutierrez or Ichiro, they both look like **** and defense can only keep them going for so long. Also, the difference between the other big free agent guys an Price is that he's left handed, which plays in Safeco. Not suggesting the Mariners should sign him (I think the Blue Jays should), but don't rule it out entirely.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-07-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason Prince's name always comes up with the M's is because the GM (Zarinick spelling???) in Seattle was the guy in the Brewers organization who drafted both Prince and Braun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They need to suck it up and bench Gutierrez or Ichiro, they both look like **** and defense can only keep them going for so long. Also, the difference between the other big free agent guys an Price is that he's left handed, which plays in Safeco. Not suggesting the Mariners should sign him (I think the Blue Jays should), but don't rule it out entirely.
Your former man love and now you want to bench him???
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Your former man love and now you want to bench him???
I know I'm ultra pro defense and all, but Seattle is so goddamn bad offensively and Guti looks dead this year because of that stomach thing he had, so...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-07-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Good point about right field being the area where the ball actually carries down there. You know your stuff.

As for Gutti,i think he gets a pass because he missed all of spring training with the IBS so they could actually sit him and see what they have before the trade deadline with him next year.

Ichiro is a differant problem. The guy just is not an impact player, he's 37 and he's taking playing time from some of the younger guys. Management has always treated him with kid gloves weather it's because of the culture gap or the fact that they have some Japanese ownership.To me he's become a problem when you're building a team to win in 2 or 3 years from now when he most likely will be gone.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Constanza just hit home run. WHAT!!!! lol. Love this guy.

Never hit more than two in a minor league season ever. Niiice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Jose Constanza just hit home run. WHAT!!!! lol. Love this guy.

Never hit more than two in a minor league season ever. Niiice.
I'm anxiously awaiting his death. Hate this little bastard.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. You could probably take him, if you could catch him. He weighs like a buck-fifty.

It's far too early to tell, but he looks like a keeper. He's just as hot as he was in AAA. I'm loving having him and Bourn in the same lineup. To go from zero speed for years, to what we have now...is freakin awesome.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't stand ya.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely hate that you got Bourn for nothing because of dumbass Wade.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Flaherty is really impressing me, I think he should be placed in rotation.......

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Jose Constanza. That little *****. Learn how to slide you dumb ****.

Probably just ended Daniel Murphy's year.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
O'Flaherty is really impressing me, I think he should be placed in rotation.......
Nooooo. O' Flaherty is perfect in his role. We have a big log jam of starting pitchers as it is. All four of our top pitching prospects are all starters, and not far away at all. They're all in AAA now, too. Well, aside from Minor, who is up fo Jurrjens. Not to mention, O'Flaherty is a reliever through and through. He's never started a major league game and he was primarily a relief pitcher throughout his minor league career as well.

The Braves are stacked at SP.

Jair Jurrjens
Tommy Hanson
Tim Hudson
Brandon Beachy
Derek Lowe
Mike Minor
Julio Teheran (AAA)
Arodys Vizcaino (AAA)
Randall Delgado (AAA)

You can even throw in Kris Medlen for next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
**** Jose Constanza. That little *****. Learn how to slide you dumb ****.

Probably just ended Daniel Murphy's year.
He jammed his leg in the bag, it happens. I thought Jose was more hurt than Murhpy, initially. It looked bad all around.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-07-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He jammed his leg in the bag, it happens. I thought Jose was more hurt than Murhpy, initially. It looked bad all around.
His knee buckled after Constanza took an awful slide into Murhpy's leg. It wasn't intentional, just a ****** slide.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
His knee buckled after Constanza took an awful slide into Murhpy's leg. It wasn't intentional, just a ****** slide.
What I was saying is that Constanza essentially went through the bag, because he jammed his knee on it. Then he came off and hit Murphy. Furcal used to do this for Atlanta all the time as well on late slides, too much momentum.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

David Wright playing shortstop. This should be....interesting.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nooooo. O' Flaherty is perfect in his role. We have a big log jam of starting pitchers as it is. All four of our top pitching prospects are all starters, and not far away at all. They're all in AAA now, too. Well, aside from Minor, who is up fo Jurrjens. Not to mention, O'Flaherty is a reliever through and through. He's never started a major league game and he was primarily a relief pitcher throughout his minor league career as well.

The Braves are stacked at SP.

Jair Jurrjens
Tommy Hanson
Tim Hudson
Brandon Beachy
Derek Lowe
Mike Minor
Julio Teheran (AAA)
Arodys Vizcaino (AAA)
Randall Delgado (AAA)

You can even throw in Kris Medlen for next year.
I was being sarcastic, I understand our organization, he's just looking really sorry today.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop...Hammertime. Willingham goes deep in the 10th to give the A's the lead over the Rays.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a terrible slide. It was his momentum because he went down way to late, that ******* asshole.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 in a row....
Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That was a terrible slide. It was his momentum because he went down way to late, that ******* asshole.
At least he didn't get injured on a tackle.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote