Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not a very good number 3. He doesn't strike out anybody and he allows too many homers, not to mention that he is insanely lucky to have that low of a BABIP with the line drive rate he has. He's an average starer, that's it. He will never be anything more than a decent 3.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Tribe fan, but Tomlin was a fluke in the beginning of this year. He's a slightly better version of Aaron Laffey.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Jays:

Lawrie
Joey Bats
Romero/Rima
Morrow
Escobar

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Ortiz is a bad, bad man.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for non-Detroit fans:

How much discussion, debate and dissension is there surrounding the lineup your team's manager puts out there on a daily basis.

People in Detroit are incessant (and seemingly for very good reason) about questioning the way Leyland handles this sort of thing — how much he rests his starters, his strange lineup decisions, batting order, and how infrequently he'll use what would be considered the A-lineup, etc.

Is this a common problem elsewhere?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm a Tribe fan, but Tomlin was a fluke in the beginning of this year. He's a slightly better version of Aaron Laffey.
he pitched 7 shutout innings going into the 8th against Texas this weekend and has consistently given quality start after quality start. I watched him no-hit New York into the 7th inning before giving up 3 runs. He is a very good #3 and is young. There's not too many #3s as good and consistent as Tomlin has been this year, and again, he has only been in the league since midway through last season. He's closer to what Westbrook was than what Laffey was, only Tomlin doesn't have as many awful starts as Westbrook did while having just as many if not more great starts. Tomlin's a guy who when he starts, you expect the Indians to win.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Question for non-Detroit fans:

How much discussion, debate and dissension is there surrounding the lineup your team's manager puts out there on a daily basis.

People in Detroit are incessant (and seemingly for very good reason) about questioning the way Leyland handles this sort of thing how much he rests his starters, his strange lineup decisions, batting order, and how infrequently he'll use what would be considered the A-lineup, etc.

Is this a common problem elsewhere?
Hahaha. My manager is Bruce Bochey. I don't really need to bother discussing this.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Hahaha. My manager is Bruce Bochey. I don't really need to bother discussing this.
I don't know if that means you're content, or there's no right or wrong with a cast of misfits and spare parts in the Giants' lineup.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know if that means you're content, or there's no right or wrong with a cast of misfits and spare parts in the Giants' lineup.
I know last year a lot of fans questioned Bochy's lineups. But since the World Series run those complaints stopped..

I am still disgusted whenever i see Aaron Rowand leading off.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

People in Detroit are just incensed when Leyland routinely runs a lineup out there that's missing four starters, usually following a loss two days after an off day with 5th starter Brad Penny and his 5.00 ERA on the mound.

Just a sampling of the lunacy.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Blackburn vs. Jon Lester

As if you needed me to tell you the Twins obviously won.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Nick Blackburn vs. Jon Lester

As if you needed me to tell you the Twins obviously won.
I can't believe we put Lester out there in the 8th after he loaded them in the previous inning at hit 100 pitches. That was so out of character. Weird, weird stuff.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bochey's been hitting Orlando Cabrera fifth. And He hit Mike Fontenot third a bunch before he got injured. But I stopped trying to understand him a long time ago and just accepted the retardedness.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In New York no one cares what Collins does and it's very difficult to screw up the Yankees lineup.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I can't believe we put Lester out there in the 8th after he loaded them in the previous inning at hit 100 pitches. That was so out of character. Weird, weird stuff.
I was a little surprised too, but for the most part he was cruising since the first inning. If Bard hadn't pitched two nights in a row they might bring him in.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Geren was here in Oakland, his lineups were questioned pretty regularly. Not so much this year though. The A's offense was so terrible earlier in the year that it didn't matter who was hitting where, everybody sucked. Now they've done a complete 180 and are hitting well so there's not much to complain about offensively.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 01:56 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once the A's pitching gets healthy they're gonna be sick next year.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Once the A's pitching gets healthy they're gonna be sick next year.
Brett Anderson is never healthy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-11-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

And their offense still sucks regardless of this hot streak.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm all for heavy defensive lineups, but you have to have SOME offensive firepower in there. Looking at you Oakland and Seattle.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-11-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
In New York no one cares what Collins does and it's very difficult to screw up the Yankees lineup.
Not really true at all but with another year of injuries it doesn't matter what lineup the Mets throw out on the field. When healthy the lineups get picked apart though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Brett Anderson is never healthy.
The new Rich Harden unfortunately.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Gotta love nonstop coverage for Derek Jeter getting his 3,000th hit, when I don't even think ESPN or MLB Network has mentioned that Thome is 2 homers away from 600 more than a few times. Especially since Thome is apparently the nicest guy in baseball.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-11-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I've seen a good amount of attention paid to Thome on sportscenter.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote