Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if you guys heard, but the Braves just placed Tommy Hanson on the DL. So Atlanta had no choice but to call up Randall Delgado for tomorrow. This will be his second career start, first one didnt go so well...and really, they dont even want him up right now, but it's fun if you're a fan at least.

Delgado's probably feeling pretty good about himself, made his first career AAA start last week and now he's back in the bigs, just one start later.

Funny thing is, all four of our prized pitching prospects are going to have to help get us to the playoffs this season. Only one not up in the bigs right now, is the best one, Teheran.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Dayton.....GET BUBBA SIGNED!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BREAKING: Tigers acquire OF Delmon Young from Twins for Minor Leaguer Cole Nelson and PTBNL.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I get sad seeing everyone that gets to brag about an awesome prospect or an awesome pitcher or a home run hitter. I think it might be time to wipe the front office and coaching staff and start over in Minny...

We actually have a pretty solid farm system. Hicks and Sano both have huge ceilings although they're still a ways away especially in Sano's case. Also Oswaldo Arcia has come out of nowhere becoming a top prospect too.

Then pitching wise of course we have the usual low ceiling safe guys like Gibson and Hendriks.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who Cole Nelson is but I looked at his numbers and they're nothing special.

I really wish the Twins would stop trading guys who are at their lowest possible value. Especially when Delmon has started showing a more patient approach at the plate recently. Idk maybe the PTBNL is someone with value.

All that being said I really really dislike you Delmon Young and you will not be missed.

Last edited by yo123 : 08-15-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Trip post whatever but Leyland is batting him THIRD!?!?!?!?! Oh Jim.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leyland isn't a very smart man, maybe you've heard.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is LITERALLY a move out of left field.

I mean, I'm glad this probably pushes old, statuesque Magglio out the door for good, but it's just too strange and curious of a move for me to wrap my head around.

For Minnesota fans, Brodeur and I have never even heard of Cole Nelson, so have fun with him. It's the PTBNL that somewhat scares me. We're giving up a very good PTBNL to the Mariners in the Fister deal. I just hope it isn't Drew Smyly.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

I hope we release Maggs instead of sending down dirks, who is actually producing.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rangers are separating themselves from the Angels and it's making me a happy happy man. :)

The trade additions of our new relievers have made a big difference.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
This is LITERALLY a move out of left field.

I mean, I'm glad this probably pushes old, statuesque Magglio out the door for good, but it's just too strange and curious of a move for me to wrap my head around.

For Minnesota fans, Brodeur and I have never even heard of Cole Nelson, so have fun with him. It's the PTBNL that somewhat scares me. We're giving up a very good PTBNL to the Mariners in the Fister deal. I just hope it isn't Drew Smyly.

Delmon might hit better if he's not on one of his horrible streaks where he OPS's like .500. But he's just as much of a statue as Magglio except with more stumbling and falling on his face.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirks isn't being sent down. WAY too valuable as a defensive replacement at the very least. And I don't think Maggs is being DFA'd ... yet.

I am GUESSING that Rhymes is sent back down. With Raburn and Santiago, they have two guys that can play second base for the time being. Leyland has to know that Raburn's best place is 2B, rather than 3B, if he wants his bat in the lineup (which he clearly does).
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Its comical that Leyland wants Raburn for his bat.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Its comical that Leyland wants Raburn for his bat.
Why? Raburn is hitting .321 after the all-star break this year.

2010 after the ASB, he hit .315 with 13 HR, 46 RBI.

2009 after the ASB, he hit .310 with 10 HR, 22 RBI.

That isn't a fluke.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont know if you guys heard, but the Braves just placed Tommy Hanson on the DL. So Atlanta had no choice but to call up Randall Delgado for tomorrow. This will be his second career start, first one didnt go so well...and really, they dont even want him up right now, but it's fun if you're a fan at least.

Delgado's probably feeling pretty good about himself, made his first career AAA start last week and now he's back in the bigs, just one start later.

Funny thing is, all four of our prized pitching prospects are going to have to help get us to the playoffs this season. Only one not up in the bigs right now, is the best one, Teheran.
He killed it in AAA so far, very excited to see him pitch in the bigs again.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Domingo Santana was announced as the PTBNL in the Pence deal. Pretty much the Phillies other big positional (sans Brown) player prospect outside of Singleton. Horrifically high K rate however. Only 18 though.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is adding Delmon Young gonna help out Detroit's lousy 2-5 starters in their rotation?
Old 08-15-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is Scherzer really that bad? I guess I have't looked in awhile but it seemed like that trade worked out for everyone at the time

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scherzer has been a fine #3 this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delmon Young aint helping anyone win anything. He's pretty much just as bad as Frenchy is at the bat. He just manages a better average.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scherzer is okay, but he is inconsistent and his last start was bad, but he's their #2 and Fister and Porcello and Penny are all coming off bad starts too. Porcello and Fister's last starts were about as bad as it gets. They've been winning games like 6-5 and having to rely solely on their hitting except when Mr. Cy Young starts. It's gonna make the AL Central race interesting, especially considering how amazing the Indian's pitching staff has been lately top to bottom.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 08-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Adrian Gonzalez has just been treading water all month. Nothing exciting at all. The Jacoby/Pedroia combined hot streak is starting to fade out a bit too :/
Historically the Sox have been lousy on the west coast and i swear that goes back a few decades. It also seems that every time they come to Seattle Wakefield pitches and isnt anywhere near effective. I cant remember a time when both Lester and Beckett pitched here in the same series.

What is up with Carl Crawford? Every time i watch him he's terrible.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bauer could make it up for the stretch run as a bull pen guy I would imagine...Hes got strike out stuff and could be used as a late inning guy. They wouldnt want to extend him too far. hes thrown a **** ton this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe we said he was going to be limited to 30-40 innings so that could mean 1 more AA start then 20 or so innings as a reliever

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would you really want him throwin high intensity pitches in a pennant race this year though? I see both sides of it but it would scare me if you had to get him up and down multiple times in a game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote