Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Well, if Tampa2 was here, I'd give him a congrats.
His name is P Brady on Draysbay.com, go nuts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I honestly don't know what to make of that. I can buy that argument, but I can see the other side of it as well.

I would love to keep Theo, ideally...but we REALLY need to re-think how we go about doing things. Just because we've got the cash to make "splashes on the Hot Stove" doesn't mean that we should. Where the blame pie goes on that with Theo, the ownership, and Luchino I'm not sure...but Theo has certainly done a poor job of communicating his better judgement if it does fall somewhere outside of his lap.
So aside from starting pitching and maybe shoring up the bullpen, what moves need to be made?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
JD Drew signing worked out, Dice-K was working out before injuries ****** him up, and.........stuff. What else is there?
Dice-K was not worth 100M. I can't blame him a ton for not seeing that, but still...

Drew did pretty well during his tenure here when he played....but we knew what we were getting into with him. That one I'm fine with.

The rest of it sucks.

But yeah, Tito should get it a bit because he legitimately put this team on cruise control in August. Nobody would admit it until now...but it's absolutely true. We just didn't have it when we needed to.

So, go Tigers. Verlander deserves a World Series with the year he had.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-28-2011 at 11:33 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-28-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt he's back here. Good pitcher...but he's really come up small in big moments over the past couple years.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa Bay Rays, that is all...

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boston's Playoff Probability Throughout the Season
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:05 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Probably. Yankees have no problem pitching CC on short rest. That's what won them the World Series 2 years ago. CC's ability to do that and Lee's reluctance not to.

CC, Nova, and Garcia probably.
Girardi announced this to be true. With CC going games 1 and 4 and Nova 2 and 5.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Girardi announced this to be true. With CC going games 1 and 4 and Nova 2 and 5.
Garcia or Burnett in Game 3?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Garcia or Burnett in Game 3?
Garcia. I don't think it was ever going to be Burnett. Especially after he came in to get one batter last night.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garcia. I don't think it was ever going to be Burnett. Especially after he came in to get one batter last night.
I thought he had a small chance. I missed him coming into last night's game though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Reyes did all that jazz on the anniversary of Ted Williams hitting
.400? and going 6 for 8 in a double header..

I love Reyes but strange.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat it Boston.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I should have went to that game last night. So pissed.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post

Eat it Boston.
Who are you?
Old 09-29-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I should have went to that game last night. So pissed.
I'm surprised you didn't at least run to the stadium with burning Red Sox paraphernalia.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Apparently Reyes did all that jazz on the anniversary of Ted Williams hitting
.400? and going 6 for 8 in a double header..

I love Reyes but strange.
Agree, but we're talking Ted Williams. He was hitting .400 going into the last day of the season and chose to play a double header. When they say they dont make them like that any more they say it for a reason.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Predictions

Phillies vs. Cardinals
We're not getting a lot of love. People are expecting a Philly thrashing. Halladay threw a perfect game in last season's playoffs. Cliff Lee is his best in the playoffs. Hamels has a World Series MVP. And if it gets to a game 4, Cardinal killer, especially in the playoffs, Roy Oswalt pitches. We do have Albert Pujols and we did beat them 6 out of 9 times this regular season. So we do have a slight chance. And quite frankly I'd be estatic if we win a game. With that being said....
Phillies in 3. I hope I am sooooooooooo wrong on this!

Brewers vs. Diamondbacks
I think this series has 5 written all over it. Both teams LOVE playing at home, they LOVE it. And they will get all the crazy fans of the two teams there. Brewers have the advantage home field, they have Braun and Fielder, D-Backs have Upton. But yeah, I go back to both teams being great at home.
Brewers in 5.

Yankees vs. Tigers
This is why I did the NL first.....Tigers, leave me a spot on the bandwagon if what I think will happen does happen. I have came around to Doug Fister being amazing. Valverde, I know people say he goes overboard, I love it cuz he is like the anti-Rivera as in he always celebrated, and I love that. Plus, I think Cabrera goes on a tear. And quite frankly, I don't believe in the Yankees 2-4 starters. Verlander wins game 1 and the Tigers win their games at home.
Tigers in 4.

Rangers vs. Rays
I think this one has 5 on it too. They played 5 last season so why not this one too! And the Rays have made it so much fun and competitive, why stop now? The difference is this year, the Rangers won't have Captain Clutch Lee pitching in a game 5.
Rays in 5.

Phillies vs. Brewers
Brewers don't have home field in this one. They are playing the favorites. The Phillies just had a great series in Milwaukee in September. They do win a couple games at home. But the Phillies pitching is just so damn good and no one in the NL, especially the Cardinals in first round, can match up. I am concerned about the Phillies bullpen and their offense. I don't think everyone should be like incermountable favorites.
Phillies in 6.

Tigers vs. Rays
This one is fun! And u what? ESPN will ball their eyes out. FOX will ball its eyes out. And I ******* love it. No Red Sox, No Yankees, RAYS AND TIGERS! But I think its gonna be a great series. Very even teams I think. And we don't need to worry about ratings cuz if its as good as I think it will be: people will watch. And I will be on that Tiger bandwagon!
Tigers in 7.

Phillies vs. Tigers
Once again, Phillies aren't unbeatable. But with that starting pitching, IDK if their offense or bullpen will have to do much. Score 2-4 runs a game. Get 8 or 9 innings. Lee and Halladay will do that easy. I gotta take them.
Phillies in 6.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Predictions

Phillies vs. Cardinals
We're not getting a lot of love. People are expecting a Philly thrashing. Halladay threw a perfect game in last season's playoffs. Cliff Lee is his best in the playoffs. Hamels has a World Series MVP. And if it gets to a game 4, Cardinal killer, especially in the playoffs, Roy Oswalt pitches. We do have Albert Pujols and we did beat them 6 out of 9 times this regular season. So we do have a slight chance. And quite frankly I'd be estatic if we win a game. With that being said....
Phillies in 3. I hope I am sooooooooooo wrong on this!

Brewers vs. Diamondbacks
I think this series has 5 written all over it. Both teams LOVE playing at home, they LOVE it. And they will get all the crazy fans of the two teams there. Brewers have the advantage home field, they have Braun and Fielder, D-Backs have Upton. But yeah, I go back to both teams being great at home.
Brewers in 5.

Yankees vs. Tigers
This is why I did the NL first.....Tigers, leave me a spot on the bandwagon if what I think will happen does happen. I have came around to Doug Fister being amazing. Valverde, I know people say he goes overboard, I love it cuz he is like the anti-Rivera as in he always celebrated, and I love that. Plus, I think Cabrera goes on a tear. And quite frankly, I don't believe in the Yankees 2-4 starters. Verlander wins game 1 and the Tigers win their games at home.
Tigers in 4.

Rangers vs. Rays
I think this one has 5 on it too. They played 5 last season so why not this one too! And the Rays have made it so much fun and competitive, why stop now? The difference is this year, the Rangers won't have Captain Clutch Lee pitching in a game 5.
Rays in 5.

Phillies vs. Brewers
Brewers don't have home field in this one. They are playing the favorites. The Phillies just had a great series in Milwaukee in September. They do win a couple games at home. But the Phillies pitching is just so damn good and no one in the NL, especially the Cardinals in first round, can match up. I am concerned about the Phillies bullpen and their offense. I don't think everyone should be like incermountable favorites.
Phillies in 6.

Tigers vs. Rays
This one is fun! And u what? ESPN will ball their eyes out. FOX will ball its eyes out. And I ******* love it. No Red Sox, No Yankees, RAYS AND TIGERS! But I think its gonna be a great series. Very even teams I think. And we don't need to worry about ratings cuz if its as good as I think it will be: people will watch. And I will be on that Tiger bandwagon!
Tigers in 7.

Phillies vs. Tigers
Once again, Phillies aren't unbeatable. But with that starting pitching, IDK if their offense or bullpen will have to do much. Score 2-4 runs a game. Get 8 or 9 innings. Lee and Halladay will do that easy. I gotta take them.
Phillies in 6.
I'm pretty sure the A's win over the Giants in 4.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Ive definitely made up my mind that I definitely want to come back next year, Wakefield said. I have another goal in front of me that Id like to accomplish, and thats the all-time record for the Red Sox in wins. Im only seven away. I think the fans deserve an opportunity to watch me chase that record. Well see what happens.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-29-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I think you need to retire Wake.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 09-29-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yankees 3, Tigers 1
Rangers 3, Rays 0

Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

Yankees 4, Rangers 2
Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

BOO

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Phillies biggest test in the NL will be the Brewers.
But honestly, I'm not worried about them much.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Yankees 3, Tigers 1
Rangers 3, Rays 0

Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

Yankees 4, Rangers 2
Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

BOO
These are awesome! The only thing that would be better is if Milwaukee made it to the NLCS against us and we knocked the living piss out of them.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Yankees 3, Tigers 1
Rangers 3, Rays 0

Cardinals 3, Phillies 2
D-Backs 3, Brewers 1

Yankees 4, Rangers 2
Cardinals 4, D-Backs 1

Cardinals 4, Yankees 3

BOO

RIP TheManInBlack