Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He really is a great defender. He used to be lazy, but the past season a half he's been excellent. Cano winning a gold glove if he has a season like last year would be far from the top of embarassments when it has come to the award.

He's better than Pedroia. Pedroia has the flare for being that gritty player who gets he jersey dirty to make plays. Many of those same plays Cano makes effortless.
Except he's not a great defender. This based on watching him and defensive sabermetrics. He's got a nice arm and looks smooth at the position but his range is bad which is the biggest thing for a middle infielder.

Pedroia destroys him range wise and it's not even close.

It's like people who think Jacoby Ellsbury was a good center fielder. He made a ton of superb plays but it was only because he makes bad reads on the ball and has to make up ground because of it.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Who did I compare him to? Cano is the only 2B I can have an opinion on and I am saying he is underrated devensively. I never copmared him to anybody else.

Edit: ATL gave me neg rep and apparenty hates me because I think "UZR" is flawed. I guess you can't have your own opinion.

And how do you know how his defense actually stacks up if you only see one person play second base every night? Just because he might not be an atrocity out there, doesn't mean he's a good defender and stacks up very well against the rest of the league.

And I gave you neg rep, because "uh sabermetrics is probably made up by some nerd who doesnt know anything about baseball so they r stupid! lol" is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard. And as already stated, no one really gives a flying **** if you get neg repped.

Last edited by ATLDirtyBirds : 04-17-2010 at 07:55 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
And how do you know how his defense actually stacks up if you only see one person play second base every night? Just because he might not be an atrocity out there, doesn't mean he's a good defender and stacks up very well against the rest of the league.

And I gave you neg rep, because "uh sabermetrics is probably made up by some nerd who doesnt know anything about baseball so they r stupid! lol" is quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've heard. And as already stated, no one really gives a flying **** if you get neg repped.
Fair enough. But I didn't say that the person who created sabermetrics was stupid. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how do the Nats have no fans that are actually willing to go to a baseball game on a sunny Saturday?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Mauer.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
how do the Nats have no fans that are actually willing to go to a baseball game on a sunny Saturday?
People think the Nats are really giant Gnats

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Savannah Sand Gnats!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough. But I didn't say that the person who created sabermetrics was stupid. Please don't put words in my mouth.

You said sabermetrics were pointless, which is similar to stupid in this sense, and what I was referring too.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
I would love to live in D.C. (maybe not really that part) just so I could pay like $5 every day to watch a baseball game and sit like where ever I wanted.

Like you said, I don't understand how people just don't want to go watch a ball game on a gorgeous day...for basically free. It baffles me. I would be going all the time just for something to do.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Happy Lincecum day from Borat. He's 2-2 with 3 RBI so far to go along with his usual pitching gem.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And your right, my opinion was supported by nothing but on the flip side, can someone tell me what evidence supports UZR and all of the other sabermetric stats.
Please tell me this was a real question.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Please tell me this was a real question.
It was a serious question. Who came up with the formula they use and how did they come up with it? All relevant questions.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was a serious question. Who came up with the formula they use and how did they come up with it? All relevant questions.
From the guy who created it:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/..._2003-03-14_0/
Old 04-17-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Thank you for that. It was an interesting read.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-17-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you, Ozzie Guillen.

You've got such a good bullpen and you leave Peavy out there for the 8th inning when he'd already thrown 100 pitches.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No Happy Lincecum day from Borat. He's 2-2 with 3 RBI so far to go along with his usual pitching gem.
Ooops. Forgot to post it.

Happy BELATED Lincecum Day everybody!

It's an extra-special Lincecum Day since he shoved against the Dodgers.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Bases loaded, no outs, Lance Cormier pitching. The Red Sox score no runs.

I don't even know what happened.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Thank you for that. It was an interesting read.
Lichtman works for the Cards now, for what its worth.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Livan Hernandez pitched a complete game shutout after have 7 innings of shutout ball last start. This is weird.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

The Rays hopes pretty much fall to Pat Burrell. ****.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
The Rays hopes pretty much fall to Pat Burrell. ****.
Pat Burrell just hit a 2-run home run. The end of days is nigh. Someone needs to console me.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pat Burrell just hit a 2-run home run. The end of days is nigh. Someone needs to console me.
You will be not consoled by anyone because you are undeserving of consolemanship. By the way, I don't think I've seen you post at DRaysBay lately, so did you disappear?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You will be not consoled by anyone because you are undeserving of consolemanship. By the way, I don't think I've seen you post at DRaysBay lately, so did you disappear?
I posted yesterday. GDTs are now terrible.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, A's win again. 9-4.They didn't get their 9th win until May 2nd last season. I keep waiting for this bubble to burst. Will Barton continue to hit like this? Lord knows Rosales won't.

And the pitchers are good. But not this good. Team ERA of 2.69. That's performing WELL above the expected. Like 1.20-1.70 better than they should be.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Yay, we won!