Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yet you decided to put Buehrle to the Tigers anyway. Smart.
Those weren't ******* predictions. It's a god damn ******* WISH list, not a THIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN list.

Now calm down!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No thanks on that. I'd rather let Delmon go and sign a platoon partner for Raburn, while Boesch stays in left (Boesch was well above average before his injury this year, which people may not have noticed).

I was kidding, I just really want Cuddyer to leave.

And yes Boesch is fine.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some big-name candidates that could be traded this offseason?
Old 10-16-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Those weren't ******* predictions. It's a god damn ******* WISH list, not a THIS IS BOUND TO HAPPEN list.

Now calm down!
Don't make dumb wishes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who are some big-name candidates that could be traded this offseason?
Apparently the Rockies are going to go hard after David Wright but we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Porcello for David Wright?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Porcello for David Wright?
Porcello for Pelfrey?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for the Red Sox to get in on David Wright if we move Youkilis(We're probably DH'ing him if we don't sign Ortiz anyway). His swing plays well for Fenway, and despite what defensive metrics say, Wright would be an upgrade over Youk in the field.

But who knows? Maybe Middlebrooks is ready. His glove is according to most reports. Worried abut his bat against good pitching though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'll probably stop being a Mets fan if we lost Reyes and Wright in the same offseason and the Mets are my favorite sports team barely over the Giants.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Porcello for Pelfrey?
Pelfrey for Perry?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Mets will not be trading David Wright.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
The Mets will not be trading David Wright.
I bet they do it if they lose Reyes. If they lose Reyes they will go right into rebuilding mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pelfrey for Perry?
I'd take a bag of sand for Perry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-16-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I bet they do it if they lose Reyes. If they lose Reyes they will go right into rebuilding mode.

I just don't see it, in any way. If Reyes leaves, they need to keep some reason to have fans at the game, and if he stays, really no reason to trade him.

I'm sure we'll listen to offers, but I just don't see someone putting together an overwhelming offer.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take a bag of sand for Perry.

I thought Perry was going to be good....what happened?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I thought Perry was going to be good....what happened?
Probably rushed to the majors for his debut, and then he's just regressed.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I just don't see it, in any way. If Reyes leaves, they need to keep some reason to have fans at the game, and if he stays, really no reason to trade him.

I'm sure we'll listen to offers, but I just don't see someone putting together an overwhelming offer.
So the fans are going to pay money to see David Wright on a ****** team?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So the fans are going to pay money to see David Wright on a ****** team?
Ike Davis is a champ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-16-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

With the right moves Wright, Reyes, Davis, and Duda are fine on offense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With the right moves Wright, Reyes, Davis, and Duda are fine on offense.
So you don't think the Mets are better off long-term just blowing it up and spending huge on the draft/international market? I'm not saying that's their best option, just curious.

I tend to think they should let Reyes walk and just let Wright play into his final season and see if he can stay healthy before extending him again.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
So you don't think the Mets are better off long-term just blowing it up and spending huge on the draft/international market? I'm not saying that's their best option, just curious.

I tend to think they should let Reyes walk and just let Wright play into his final season and see if he can stay healthy before extending him again.
I'm very bias on this but no that would be bad. Our pitching is terrible right now but the offense will be fine if get Reyes back. In the next 3 years we'll have a very good rotation from the minors so we need bats. As the others will tel you here I'm the most bias with the Mets but I really think we can compete in 2013.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it looks like the Red Sox and Cubs are going to be leaving the weekend without a compensation package. Surprised it's taking this long...but I guess the longer it goes the more it plays into our hands. Cash might be fine with just Theo leaving, but he's trying to take a substantial portion of people in the front office and staff members with him supposedly. So a prospect or two might be in order. I think we're looking for lottery ticket types like Reggie Golden or Candelario...essentially extra draft picks at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homerun derby in Milwaukee
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First team to 13 runs, wins
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh... Congrats Cards. Our pitching faded and that thing we call defense was something we couldn't overcome. So long Fielder :( Go Rangers!