Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I'm kind of mixed on this series. Part of me wants Texas to win because the Cardinals won not long ago, but there seems to be growing sentiment in KC for the Cardinals now that the Royals aren't doormats. It's fun to root with a group every once in awhile. I was living in New York and surrounded by Yankees fans in a bar in 2004... I've had my run of hostile rooting (and will do it again).
The Royals were still a bottom 8 team in MLB.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
The Royals were still a bottom 8 team in MLB.
For 2012? Nope. Couple pitchers away from taking the AL Central (and probably not letting go for awhile).
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think Pujols is more likely or least likely to stay in St. Louis if they win the WS?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You guys think Pujols is more likely or least likely to stay in St. Louis if they win the WS?
More likely. One, there will be more fan pressure to keep him. Two, the Cards revenue will go up and give them more leeway to increase payroll and keep him.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For 2012? Nope. Couple pitchers away from taking the AL Central (and probably not letting go for awhile).
You are way too generous with KC teams.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
You are way too generous with KC teams.
actually he is correct on this.get a couple SP's to improve the rotation and we'll be off and running
Old 10-19-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree the revenue of a WS win pays for Pujols, talk about a fairy tale set up. I think the Rangers take this but won't be surprised either way. Good series.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You mean a couple elite pitchers?

The Royals don't have a single pitcher that's better than a #4 starter. That's a problem.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I agree the revenue of a WS win pays for Pujols, talk about a fairy tale set up. I think the Rangers take this but won't be surprised either way. Good series.
I wonder how much WS revenue really factors into team spending.

I guess it probably differs for each team. My guess is that I think teams maintain their same philosophy on what got them there. If they spent to get there, then they'll probably spend more to stay there. If they built it from ground up, developing talent under an affordable payroll, they probably stick with that too.

That's why I think the Rangers will let Wilson walk if he gets a contract that is astronomical even though they have made it to 2 straight WS.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wonder how much WS revenue really factors into team spending.

I guess it probably differs for each team. My guess is that I think teams maintain their same philosophy on what got them there. If they spent to get there, then they'll probably spend more to stay there. If they built it from ground up, developing talent under an affordable payroll, they probably stick with that too.

That's why I think the Rangers will let Wilson walk if he gets a contract that is astronomical even though they have made it to 2 straight WS.
I agree. The revenue from one World Series trip will hardly make a difference over the course of a huge multi year deal that Pujols will get. They're guaranteed 7 sellouts even if they get swept. I wonder how much money that equates to.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. The revenue from one World Series trip will hardly make a difference over the course of a huge multi year deal that Pujols will get. They're guaranteed 7 sellouts even if they get swept. I wonder how much money that equates to.
Adam Wainwright is going to be a FA too. Will the Cards pony up the cash to keep both?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You mean a couple elite pitchers?

The Royals don't have a single pitcher that's better than a #4 starter. That's a problem.
Paulino pitched pretty well when he became a Royal, Odorizzi is going to be ready soon, and Montgomery could easily break out this year in the minors. They do need to sign someone (ENTER YU DARVISH SWEEPSTAKES), but they could still win the Central.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Adam Wainwright is going to be a FA too. Will the Cards pony up the cash to keep both?
He has a team option, so he may or may not be a free agent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Paulino pitched pretty well when he became a Royal, Odorizzi is going to be ready soon, and Montgomery could easily break out this year in the minors. They do need to sign someone (ENTER YU DARVISH SWEEPSTAKES), but they could still win the Central..
Francouer going to be not awful again next year?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Francouer going to be not awful again next year?
Maybe he legitimately found a groove, I think it's possible. If not, they have other options and their offense isn't going to be a problem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not possible. He sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-19-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Cards in 7.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Paulino pitched pretty well when he became a Royal, Odorizzi is going to be ready soon, and Montgomery could easily break out this year in the minors. They do need to sign someone (ENTER YU DARVISH SWEEPSTAKES), but they could still win the Central.
Did you just suggest Felipe Paulino be a reason the Royals win the division?

I don't give a **** about guys who haven't even cracked the majors yet. Royals have no shot.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has a team option, so he may or may not be a free agent.
The Cards will pick up his option. They are going to see what they got, think of how that squad would have been with him this year. When healthy he is the ace of that staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is going for who in the WS?It has been a long road as usual.But I want to see the Cards win in r 6 or 7 games.Hell with Texas.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

11 in '11 LETS GO BIRDINALS!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Maybe he legitimately found a groove, I think it's possible. If not, they have other options and their offense isn't going to be a problem.
Their offense isn't going to be problem? It is if it has to make up for the pitching.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Their offense isn't going to be problem? It is if it has to make up for the pitching.
They have the pieces for an above average offense, and their defense should be above average as well. Combine that with a pretty good bullpen, and they just need to shore up the rotation...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-19-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do people actually pay to hear this guy sing?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Do people actually pay to hear this guy sing?
I sincerely hope not.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-19-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Who is it? I'm still stuck at work.

sig by BoneKrusher