Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Does one really win in a Clint Barmes sweepstakes?
He's better than Ronny Cedeno. :(
Old 11-19-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Giants add Angel Villanova to the 40 man roster
Tactical move, granted he gets a visa and ever plays again.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Who are some of the top unprotected players for the Rule 5 draft? I'm liking John Ely so far, as I have always liked him. Who else?
I'll have a list ready before the Winter Meetings. Rosters are still being set

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Does one really win in a Clint Barmes sweepstakes?
Clint Barmes is a damn good defender at short, so he's a very useful player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
silly people dont understand trolling
Don't give me that lip boy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks 2 for 11 for Barmes. Gross.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
The Sox/Valentine talk makes me sad panda. I don't mind him as a media guy(although he says his share of dumb ****), but his history clashing with players/executives AND having the media get at it really seems like a recipe for disaster with this group.

On the upswing, seems we're going hard after Cespedes. Bit of a risk...but it's something. Would have preferred to be in on Darvish, personally.
This whole off season makes me a sad panda... It has been the worst off season that I can remember. Obviously like most I am hoping for that Maddon type manager. I really don't want Valentine at all. Of the names that have come out so far I am pulling for Sandberg but obviously there is something we don't know about.

As for Cespedes vs. Darvish I want Cespedes more only for the fact that after Dice-K I cant stand to fork out that type of money for an unproven Japanese pitcher.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw one of Darvish's starts the other week via a stream. Don't know how much money he's going to get but I think best case scenario is he'll be a low-end #2 starter. Much more likely is that he'll become a good mid rotation starter

His fastball is impressive velocity wise, but it doesn't have much movement. He makes up for it with good command of it. The slider is plus, and after that the other pitches he throws are average

As far as Cespedes goes, apparently he is seekin something like an 8yr/$60 million deal lol.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, knowing what Cespedes wants(and may well get), I would much prefer going after Darvish. Speaking specifically for the Red Sox, I think they'll be scared off by Daisuke a bit, but I don't think they should let that scare them away from picking up a much needed arm. The posting system makes for that to be a high risk, expensive market though, so I understand the trepidation.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't fathom paying 50 million to talk to a player again. As I stated above I guess I am gun shy. I would rather take a fraction of that cash and get a solid #4 starter rather than gamble on another "stud" Japanese pitcher.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I can't fathom paying 50 million to talk to a player again. As I stated above I guess I am gun shy. I would rather take a fraction of that cash and get a solid #4 starter rather than gamble on another "stud" Japanese pitcher.
The free agent market is terrible. In other circumstances, I might agree with you....but Edwin Jackson doesn't really do much for me. Doubt it matters much though, as we're supposedly out of it.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-19-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's CJ Wilson, Edwin Jackson and Kuroda(who has stated he wants to stay in Southern California or go back to Japan) other than that it's a bunch of meh options or reclamation projects

bright side for Boston is they won't have to watch Lackey in the rotation this year. Still have to pay him, but to a fan...as long as he isn't on the field it will be like he never really existed in the first place and that your favorite team never really actually DID give him that contract. Refreshing feeling. IT was great to watch the Angels when Vernon was on the DL and was nowhere near the field. For a moment in time, I felt as if them actually trading for his awful contract was simply a horrible nightmare that never happened.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins fans don't read this post cuz I am gonna name the player that should not named....

But after the lack of success of Dick-K and (sorry Twins fans) Nishioka, I wouldn't pay for **** just to talk to a guy. Its not worth it, especially when u look at those 2.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In 2008, Matsuzaka was one of the best pitchers in the league. After that, he just wasn't that special, then he got hurt.
As far as Nishioka goes, the earthquakes had to have messed with his head. Also getting a broken leg in May didn't help either. Watching his tape, I think he's better than he showed, but I don't think he's an All-Star caliber player.
I also hate the Japan bidding system.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 11-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty happy with Dice-K when he was healthy. He had some issues adjusting to pitch counts, but overall he was a solid pitcher.

I don't like the bidding system, but that's from this side of the fence. It makes sense for their end. Why should they not be compensated? Also, it helps them retain talent and run a good league.

I wouldn't hate Valentine, but I'd rather have a computer managing the team. Save a ton of cash. Make sure you have good position coaches and guys who can keep the lockerroom strong.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

The thing I dislike about Daisuke is that he's kind of a dick. He was never willing to work with the team about adjusting his routine or take any coaching advice. He just kept repeating the same mistakes over and over again. Sometimes he got by with it, but that didn't fly all the time. Just a frustrating player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Hes was too tentative... the guy always tried to pitch to the corners and it got him killed. He went from a league where he could throw any pitch and dominate to a league where the don't fall for that crap.

One Tek got him to start throwing his fastball and not pick he had some great starts but all it took was one inning and he was back to his old ****.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Greg Halman was stabbed to death by his brother earlier this morning. He was only 24.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read Pujols is actually 61 and not 31, is this true?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Verlander wins the AL MVP award.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well deserved!
Old 11-21-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was Jim Ingraham from Cleveland that left JV off his ballot completely.

For the Twitter users among you, I'd encourage you to ask him just what the **** he was thinking: @jitribeinsider
Old 11-21-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It was Jim Ingraham from Cleveland that left JV off his ballot completely.

For the Twitter users among you, I'd encourage you to ask him just what the **** he was thinking: @jitribeinsider
How did you find that out?

Who gave Robertson an obligatory 10th place vote? I think I know who it is.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Well deserved!
Not really, but not a complete travesty.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How did you find that out?

Who gave Robertson an obligatory 10th place vote? I think I know who it is.
It's being reported all over Twitter who it was. Cleveland had it out for Verlander. Their other voter had JV 8th.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Not really, but not a complete travesty.
So you're one of the fools who thinks pitchers are ineligible?