Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Pirates have signed Bedard. I'm waiting on a guy like Rosenthal to report it before I believe it. Said to be a year for 4.25 plus incentives. Not bad.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Looks like the Pirates have signed Bedard. I'm waiting on a guy like Rosenthal to report it before I believe it. Said to be a year for 4.25 plus incentives. Not bad.
Good luck with him... I have never been a big fan of his. He is injured to often and is too streaky.

Whats the word on Maholm?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Good luck with him... I have never been a big fan of his. He is injured to often and is too streaky.

Whats the word on Maholm?
I understand he's a risk, but one I'd like to take.

I like Maholm. I wish we would have kept him, but not at the over 9 million dollar rate he was at. One thing about him though, is he's a fast starter, but starts to suck in the second half. He's done that two years in a row. Oh, and he needs a good defense behind him to be effective. Plus he's a good guy to have in the club house. I wouldn't mind him back.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to bring in Maholm as a 5th starter for the Sox.

With a top 10 defense behind him I feel like he would fit the role well and wouldn't cost a ton to sign.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Reyes being interviewed on ESPN right now at the Winter mettings just said he was not made an offer by the Mets at all.
I don't think this is overly shocking. All along it was pretty much, "go out, and bring back to us what you've got, we'll see from there." Mets just couldn't match the Marlins offer (god that sounds terrible). It wouldn't make me feel better to hear we offered a losing bid.

I will say, that I felt some ill will towards Reyes for the first time today. Not for taking that deal, but rather for him saying we didn't want him. We wanted to talk in-season, but he wanted to wait when he looked like the MVP.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I don't think this is overly shocking. All along it was pretty much, "go out, and bring back to us what you've got, we'll see from there." Mets just couldn't match the Marlins offer (god that sounds terrible). It wouldn't make me feel better to hear we offered a losing bid.

I will say, that I felt some ill will towards Reyes for the first time today. Not for taking that deal, but rather for him saying we didn't want him. We wanted to talk in-season, but he wanted to wait when he looked like the MVP.
No one really wants to negotiate during season. Just unnecessary distractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one really wants to negotiate during season. Just unnecessary distractions.
We told him in the offseason as soon as you get your offer come back to us and we'll go from there. He never came back apparently.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTH Marlins....SIX YEARS for C.J. freaking Wilson?!?!?!?!?!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanley Ramirez is on the block.

If the the marlins manage to trade him, they would go after Prince.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the deal with Gaby Sanchez? Surely he's gotta be annoyed with the Marlins pursuit of other first baseman. Isn't he pretty good in his own right?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What's the deal with Gaby Sanchez? Surely he's gotta be annoyed with the Marlins pursuit of other first baseman. Isn't he pretty good in his own right?
Yeah, but hes not Pujols.

He would get traded and they would get a lot for him.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/73...pujols-pursuit

HALLELUIAH, HALLELUIAH, HALLELUIAH HALLELUIAH, HAHAHA HAHAHALLELUIAH!!!!!!!!! HE IS OURS BASTARDS!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Buehrle agree to 4 year 58 million dollar deal with the Marlins.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy **** marlins

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Mark Buehrle agree to 4 year 58 million dollar deal with the Marlins.
Good move, Hanley on the block and if he gets traded for the King's ransom that they would get they then go after Prince....wow.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's way to much for Buehrle as far as I'm concerned.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
That's way to much for Buehrle as far as I'm concerned.
Meh, going to the national league? he will only get better.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Meh, going to the national league? he will only get better.
He's 34. He'll be getting worse not better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buerhle throws like 88 anyway, he can be good until he's 40. That is a hell of a lot of money though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He's 34. He'll be getting worse not better.
Hes going to a weaker division and a weaker league in general. He doesnt blow it past anyone and has always lived off an amazing change and great control. Hes built to last

Quote:
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Buerhle throws like 88 anyway, he can be good until he's 40. That is a hell of a lot of money though.
Yeah, that's my thought as well. Not sure you're going to get your moneys worth at 14M a year. Glad we didn't bite if that was the asking price.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The AL Central is terrible. The NL East is a much stronger division.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I despise Loria so ******* much..

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you all think about a Yankee/Brave trade for Jurrjens? He's supposedly available, we need pitching and Atlanta is rumored to like Eduardo Nunez for their open spot and short stop. If we sign the Japanese SS Nakajima, what would you think of a package of Nunez, Banuelos and Noesi for Jurrjens? I think that's pretty fair, no?
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
What do you all think about a Yankee/Brave trade for Jurrjens? He's supposedly available, we need pitching and Atlanta is rumored to like Eduardo Nunez for their open spot and short stop. If we sign the Japanese SS Nakajima, what would you think of a package of Nunez, Banuelos and Noesi for Jurrjens? I think that's pretty fair, no?
Tell me about Banuelos and Noesi...I hope they trade Jurrjens. He's good but way too injury prone, and ATL is heavily loaded with pitching

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote