Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This move should help ease the loss of Jeff Mathis

good work, Arte and Co.!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Pujols now gone, do the Cardinals go after Fielder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ Wilson to Angels for 5 years/$75 million

this is just freakin amazing
Old 12-08-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Signing a 25 year old Miguel Cabrera to an 8 year/$153.3 million contract, three years before this future debacle.

PS: Votto is still better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

lol at trying to compare a signing that happened years ago

Angels Got Vlad for 5yr/$75 million in 2004 when he was in his prime and clearly one of the 3 best players in baseball. They just signed Wilson for that same amount

Cabrera would be making a ton more if he were a FA right now

but yes that is a great deal for M-cab. Evan Longoria's deal is just sexy, though
Old 12-08-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert, you are a douche bag. I hate when **** like this happens. Just stay home. You just won a WS, stay there.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets not act like you guys wouldn't take 30 plus million more to leave ST. LOUIS for California. We're not even sure the offer that the Cardinals made, but there are reports that the offer wasn't even for 220.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
CJ Wilson to Angels for 5 years/$75 million

this is just freakin amazing
Hurts the Rangers more than it helps the Angels, imo. I don't think Wilson is that good.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
Lets not act like you guys wouldn't take 30 plus million more to leave ST. LOUIS for California. We're not even sure the offer that the Cardinals made, but there are reports that the offer wasn't even for 220.
I like to think other people have lots of the same values as me, such as loyalty. But that is too much to ask of most people I suppose.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cashman on Pujols: "He's a special player. I don't know him personally, but I see what he does with that bat. It's Montero-like." (laughs)

Gotta love Cashman sometimes.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loyalty is nice. But $40M+ to move from St Louis (a total shithole city) to California, while still being with a quality team... no brainer.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Hurts the Rangers more than it helps the Angels, imo. I don't think Wilson is that good.
I actually don't think this was that great of a move for the Angels. So I'm not that mad. The Rangers are already priming up for Darvish and Cespedes. The only question now is if this will motivate them into pursuing Prince Fielder. :)

Pujols will hurt the Angels down the line. 10 years is a death sentence.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Gotta love Cashman sometimes.
That's funny....
Old 12-08-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
but he is

He's been one of the better pitchers in baseball the last 2 years and his pitches grade out well

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
doubt it. Clearly the Angels have the payroll to support it and he'll likely make them a tooooon of money back in the process. With the Dodgers situation, the Angels new TV deal...they are looking primed to take over the LA Market

jersey sales + tv ratings, etc. HE's going to be a beast for at least the next 6 years
Old 12-08-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I like to think other people have lots of the same values as me, such as loyalty. But that is too much to ask of most people I suppose.
Tell me more about your loyalty next time you get offered $30 million more to move from St. Louis to Los Angeles.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
but he is

He's been one of the better pitchers in baseball the last 2 years and his pitches grade out well
He is a good, but not great regular season pitcher. In the playoffs, he is not good. The Rangers are 3-7 in his starts with his record sitting at 1-5. He averages just over 5 innings per start with an ERA pushing 5.

Quote:
Down the line it might hurt. But with that pitching staff and Pujols improving the hitting, the Angels could definitely win a World Series or two during this contract. I'm sure most Angels fans would take a World Series or two even if in eight years, their team sucks for a few years. I think this is a great signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
He is a good, but not great regular season pitcher. In the playoffs, he is not good. The Rangers are 3-7 in his starts with his record sitting at 1-5. He averages just over 5 innings per start with an ERA pushing 5.
I don't pay much mind to these postseason sample sizes. I just don't. Arod sucks in the playoffs to, yet during their WS in 2009 he was great. Any player/pitcher can stink it up in a handful of AB's or 2-3 starts. It happens.

I'm not worried about that from Wilson, honestly. He isn't an ace....but the ANgels didn't pay him as one. He got less than what AJ Burnett and John Lackey got. I like this deal a lot. I thought for sure he'd get 6 years and at least $90 million from some team(and perhaps the Marlins offered that, but he chose to stay close to home)
Old 12-08-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Do what you must, but you shall be proven wrong. He's been better for 2 years now.
With a significantly higher BABIP...
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Is it time for the Angels vs Rangers rivalry to trump the Yankees vs Redsox?

I THINK SO!!!!! hahahahahahahahahhaahah!
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Albert, you are a douche bag. I hate when **** like this happens. Just stay home. You just won a WS, stay there.
He isn't from St.Louis or Missouri, so it isn't his "home". He took a cheaper deal last time. He owes the Cardinals nothing, good for Albert getting his money.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it time for the Angels vs Rangers rivalry to trump the Yankees vs Redsox?

I THINK SO!!!!! hahahahahahahahahhaahah!
Since we now have spoiler tags we should implement "Homer" tags
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't pay much mind to these postseason sample sizes. I just don't. Arod sucks in the playoffs to, yet during their WS in 2009 he was great. Any player/pitcher can stink it up in a handful of AB's or 2-3 starts. It happens.

I'm not worried about that from Wilson, honestly. He isn't an ace....but the ANgels didn't pay him as one. He got less than what AJ Burnett and John Lackey got. I like this deal a lot. I thought for sure he'd get 6 years and at least $90 million from some team(and perhaps the Marlins offered that, but he chose to stay close to home)
I like you. Post more often in this thread because I find myself agreeing with you on mostly everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was expecting at least a post from Hines about how he has big expectations for the Pirates rule 5 pick and/or a full analysis from Fisch on the winners/losers.

I am disappointed. I guess the Pujols contract trumps all today.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know you could trade your Rule 5 pick for another. BoSox apparently just did it.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Mets RP was selected #1 overall by the Astros. He throws hard but command is an issue. We'll see if he sticks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote