Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Something just doesn't sound right about their plan to make big profits off the Latino community...
A little prejudice, no?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
A lot of teams do that.
A lot of second tier organizations.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi peeps, hows it going today?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
A little prejudice, no?
None at all. Just a common observation.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I am so excited.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wakey wakey sunshine! Don't worry this is allllll a dream.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
A lot of second tier organizations.
Do you still really need to take pot shots? I just lost one of my favorite players ever and my team is in dire straits because the owners bungled up their finances and the commish won't do anything about it because they are buddy buddy. I don't need your **** also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wakey wakey sunshine! Don't worry this is allllll a dream.
WHAT COULD u EVER BE TALKING ABOUT?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

At least Yoda got a WS as a parting gift.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, thinking about Pujols not signing a much bigger deal in Miami... I'm willing to be it's similar to the Delgado going to the Marlins instead of the Mets because he didn't want to be apart of a "Latino push".
Old 12-08-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The no trade clause was the deal breaker man. That's the reason Pujols didn't sign with Miami

I don't see any other way. HE would have been making A LOT more in Miami than Anaheim, but Miami wouldn't guarantee a no trade clause while the Angels did
Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Alright I know u've all been waiting for it.....time to do it.

I don't know who the **** to be pissed off at the most. I'll start with the man himself. I know St. Louis isn't LA, it doesn't have the glam or the lights, and yeah the Cardinals are the highlight of the city. And if they aren't playing its Budweiser. But we loved u for 11 years, we always supported u when people said u were older than u are, when people said u are on steroids, and u know what? We gave u an offer of $220 million. WHAT THE **** ELSE DO U WANT? $30 million more. Where the **** is loyalty man? I would compare this **** to the Cavs last year, but we aren't the ******* Cavs. U think u were the franchise? U won 1 of 11 games in the playoffs. The rest were by Freese, our bullpen, and Chris Carpenter. One damn game. So u think u were bigger than the franchise u big ****? Well u weren't....we will survive and damn it, we'll be better than the Angels next year!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Old 12-08-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Actually, thinking about Pujols not signing a much bigger deal in Miami... I'm willing to be it's similar to the Delgado going to the Marlins instead of the Mets because he didn't want to be apart of a "Latino push".
Was that why he didn't want to go originally? I just thought he was grumpy and didn't want to deal with NY.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright I know u've all been waiting for it.....time to do it.

I don't know who the **** to be pissed off at the most. I'll start with the man himself. I know St. Louis isn't LA, it doesn't have the glam or the lights, and yeah the Cardinals are the highlight of the city. And if they aren't playing its Budweiser. But we loved u for 11 years, we always supported u when people said u were older than u are, when people said u are on steroids, and u know what? We gave u an offer of $220 million. WHAT THE **** ELSE DO U WANT? $30 million more. Where the **** is loyalty man? I would compare this **** to the Cavs last year, but we aren't the ******* Cavs. U think u were the franchise? U won 1 of 11 games in the playoffs. The rest were by Freese, our bullpen, and Chris Carpenter. One damn game. So u think u were bigger than the franchise u big ****? Well u weren't....we will survive and damn it, we'll be better than the Angels next year!
I actually agree with this. Wow.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just woke up (long night) as much as I didn't want to give pujols a 10-year deal I'm feeling sick to my stomach right now. Extremely sad to see him go.

But I do know the cardinals organization and I know they'll still put a competitive team on the field every year. Thanks for the 11 years Albert, best of luck in Anaheim.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I wonder if they would have been players for Jose Reyes had they expected this.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I actually agree with this. Wow.
U seem shocked to agree with me....
Old 12-08-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Just woke up (long night) as much as I didn't want to give pujols a 10-year deal I'm feeling sick to my stomach right now. Extremely sad to see him go.

But I do know the cardinals organization and I know they'll still put a competitive team on the field every year. Thanks for the 11 years Albert, best of luck in Anaheim.
Taking the high road....good for u.

I made a picture....

Old 12-08-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
U seem shocked to agree with me....
Its nothing like the Cav situation. Pujols brought you 2 championships...can't blame the man for getting his money and moving to a better city. Loyalty died a very long time ago, Chipper Jones is part of a dying breed.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I'm more upset with is Albert for this past 2 seasons giving Cardinal Nation this BS about never wanting to leave St.louis.

Quote:
"Do I want to be in STL forever? Of course. People from other teams want to play in STL and they are jealous that we're in STL because the fans are unbelievable. So why would you want to leave a place like STL to go somewhere else and make 3 OR 4 MORE MILLION A YEAR? IT'S NOT ABOUT MONEY. IALREADY GOT MY MONEY. IT'S ABOUT WINNING, THAT'S IT."
This just means one thing.....

Stan "The Man" Musial is still and always will be the greatest cardinal of all time.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@BNightengale: Cards actually had only the fourth-largest offer to Pujols, behind the Marlins, Angels and the mystery team.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Fielder leaves the Brewers and stays out of the NL Central. It'd give the Pirates a better chance at the division crown next year on their way to the World Series...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Was that why he didn't want to go originally? I just thought he was grumpy and didn't want to deal with NY.
That's what came out during that whole Tony Bernazzard drama.

Since I'm too lazy to look up an article, from Wiki:

During the 2004 off-season, then-free agent first baseman Carlos Delgado was offended when Bernazard—a fellow Puerto Rican—attempted to gain an advantage in wooing Delgado to the Mets by utilizing what Delgado termed "street Spanish."[1] Delgado was heavily critical in public of the Mets' negotiating tactics. He reportedly referred to Bernazard as "the highest-paid translator on the planet"[1] after meeting him and Minaya for a face-to-face negotiating session at baseball's Winter Meetings. Bernazard, who was known for his flamboyant antics around the Mets offices and Shea Stadium, downplayed the incident.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
With a significantly higher BABIP...
I love ya Irish, but you have no idea how to evaluate BABIP. Votto has a higher BABIP because he has an insane line drive percentage, and has maintained that for his entire minor and major league career. Pujols has never had that, and it's absolutely a skill that Votto possesses. He is better than Pujols right now, nobody can convince me otherwise.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote