Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-08-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Rangers felt they could replace Wilson with Feliz. Going younger in the rotation. Plus, they have a lot of guys due up to hit FA that they'll need to lock up and they are probably of higher importance. Napoli, Hamilton, Nelson Cruz, Kinsler are all due within a year or 2 to hit the market

Yankees probably like Darvish more because of the age factor. Red Sox need pitching badly to but you wonder if they will be hesitant after the Dice-K signing
We also have a bunch of other bloated contracts that will probably keep us from spending a ton of money on a player... Let alone an unproven one.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, I think I am done now. Cooled off, ***** slapped the TV, and cried into my pillows. A. Good for Pujols, he finally gets the money he deserved and quite frankly never would get in St. Louis. Best of luck to him and as long as the Angels aren't playing the Cards in the World Series, I hope to see him win it some more. And I say that sincerely and whole heartedly. B. Our front office did what it could. Unfortunately, LA vs. STL, unless ur name is Georgia Frontierre, LA is going to win. And looking at it, if we woulda signed Pujols, hardly any free agents would get looks from us the next decade, some of our younger players would prolly not be re-signed cuz we gave Pujols all the money, and woulda ham-strung our club. C. I was a little wasted or whatever when I said that Pujols didn't win the WS for us, he may have not been THE reason, but he certnly was A reason. And the Angels are getting a great player for the next 7 years and could very well be 10 since he can DH in AL. D. Once again, I was heated. We are no where near Cleveland. We are soooo much better case than Cleveland. Sure, our team took a step back in this offseason, but we can certnly compete LaRussaless and Pujolsless. Its the reason the Cardinals have won the most world series titles in the NL and the 2nd most next to the Yankees in the majors cuz we can re-bound from this. It may not be next year, but the Cards have won 2 world series unexpectedly since I've been alive, and we will defntly be back. And also, right now, with due of respect to the Brewers, Cubs, Astros, Pirates, and Reds, our division kinda stinks and is always a crapshoot. So yes, we will survive and good luck #5. And I do say this sincerely.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well said. I've liked the Cards for years as a bit of a secondary...or really third team(SF Giants are my 2nd team) mainly since over the years they seemed to have a ton of former Angel players. They also had my favorite Angel player growing up, which was Jim Edmonds. Was cool to see them win in 2006 with Speez, Edmonds and Eckstein.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well said. I've liked the Cards for years as a bit of a secondary...or really third team(SF Giants are my 2nd team) mainly since over the years they seemed to have a ton of former Angel players. They also had my favorite Angel player growing up, which was Jim Edmonds. Was cool to see them win in 2006 with Speez, Edmonds and Eckstein.
No I'm pretty sure that was the worst thing ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No I'm pretty sure that was the worst thing ever.
Yes it absolutely was Zak.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yes it absolutely was Zak.
At least we can share in the misery of 2006 together.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
At least we can share in the misery of 2006 together.
2006 was amazing I feel.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be hatin on the X factor. David Eckstein is gritty and scrappy and sh*t
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Don't be hatin on the X factor. David Eckstein is gritty and scrappy and sh*t
And a World Series MVP!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

he just winzzzz
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone mention Joey Votto?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still better than Pujols.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pujols not being in STL is going to be weird. He used to be one of my favorite players, but now he plays for a division rival. He's going to be crapping on the A's for quite a while. ****.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna cry if the D'Backs trade Bauer for Gio Gonzalez and Trevor Cahill

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I would weep for you... I thought he should have been the #1 overall pick over Cole.

I guess only time will tell.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As soon as Pujols Angels jerseys come out I'm buying one!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't be traded by rule until June of next year

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt you get both of them for Bauer. I understand Bauer is really ******* good, and I've got to see it first hand, but those are 2 very good young studs in the making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how bout that Ian Stewart fella? Maybe he'll reach .200 this year? I don't know if we'll have enough time
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo, how many of you ******* wanna hear about the Rule 5 Draft? Yes! It did happen today, who would think this mere mortal of an event could even continue amongst the chaos that transpired today....but it did

Anyways, here are your complete results of the Major League Phase...

1. Rhiner Cruz, RHP, Houston (NYM)
Hard throwing relief prospect lacks command. Good numbers posted in lower minors and impressive showing this offseason in the VWL

2. Terry Doyle, RHP, Minnesota (CWS)
Former BC Eagle is a soft tosser who has had decent success since being drafted in the 37th Round of the 2008 draft. I can definitely see him in a long relief role for Minnesota this year. AFL Rising Star 2011

3. Lucas Luetge, LHP, Seattle (MIL)
Luetge is a possible LOOGY

4. Ryan Flaherty, INF, Baltimore (CHC)
Former Commodore can rake. Will fight for a super utility role. Lefthanded hitter compares favorable to a similar type of bench role player like Frank Catalanatto

5. Cesar Cabral, LHP, Kansas City (BOS)
Hard throwing lefthander was traded to the Yankees. Will compete for specialist job with Boone Logan. Second time being selected in Rule V Draft (TB 2010)

6. Lendy Castillo, RHP, Chicago Cubs (PHI)
Raw converted infielder is still new to pitching.

7. Gustavo Nunez, SS, Pittsburgh (DET)
Speedy, defensive-minded middle infielder

8. Robert Fish, LHP, Atlanta (LAA)
Hard throwing lefty has high strikeout numbers. Also selected last year by the Yankees, but ultimately returned

9. Erik Komatsu, OF, St. Louis (WAS)
Komatsu was formerly traded from Milwaukee to Washington for Jerry Hairston Jr. Was Brewers Minor League POY in 2009. Can play all 3 OF positions and is apt at taking walks. 60 speed (20/80).

10. Marwin Gonzalez, SS, Boston (CHC)
Traded to Astros. Versatile and can also fill a super utility role

11. Brett Lorin, RHP, Arizona (PIT)
Acquired by Pittsburgh in the Jack Wilson/Ian Snell deal. Big righty has put up high strikeout numbers as a flex starter, but has suffered from groin issues.

12. Brad Meyers, RHP, New York Yankees (WAS)
Another bullpen piece for the Yankees. Tall, with a deceptive delivery. Impressive numbers so far in the Nationals system

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We took a soft tosser? Color me shocked.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Rays locked up Matt Moore long term already. They have him under controld for the next 8 years. So jealous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-09-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These players need to choose their agents more carefully. Seriously.

Longo and Moore are both missing out on a **** ton of money.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
These players need to choose their agents more carefully. Seriously.

Longo and Moore are both missing out on a **** ton of money.
I can't blame the pitcher for taking the money. Their arms are so risky. And if it all goes well, he'll still be in line for a huge payday while he's still under 30, or at least at 30.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Rays made a great deal but I also understand it from the view point of Moore.

sig by BoneKrusher