Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A case for Carlos Pena: He starts at 1B vs. RHP (.388 OBP in 2011) and sits vs. LHP (.260 OBP). Cabrera is DH vs. RHP, 1B vs. LHP.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Give Prince a huge one year deal and let him enter the market again next year. :/
I propose that and Daniel there gets all angry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
GOD DAMN IT!

Who the hell can the Tigers get as a replacement this late in free agency?

They're either going to make Delmon Young the DH and sign an outfielder (Cespedes? ugh), or sign someone like Carlos Pena from the veteran scrap heap.

I'm willing to bet money that their option A will be Cespedes like you said.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Billy Blitzer?
Yeah that's him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kung Fu Panda gets a new deal.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Kung Fu Panda gets a new deal.
3 years - $16M. Buys out his 3 arbitration years.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'm willing to bet money that their option A will be Cespedes like you said.
I don't want Cespedes. I didn't particularly want him pre-VMart injury, and I especially don't want him now because he's such a projection. When he was going to supplement a capable lineup, it was one thing. When he'll be expected to start and counted on for 25 HR and a .300 average, that just won't work.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This V-Mart news sucks...Not sure there is a viable option to replace him left on the market.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

If I'm Dave Dombrowski, I'd sign Carlos Pena (1-year, 6 million should get it done) to "replace" V-Mart. Word is, they have about 6-7 million to work with because they insured VMart's contract to guard against an injury like this (had no idea teams could do this, but they can).

Then, I'd sign Roy Oswalt and hope that a pitching staff with a complete 5-man rotation and an above average bullpen can make up for the lack of offense.

Forget Cespedes. Just walk away from the bidding and let him be some other team's huge risk.

Then they've saved their prospects and can deal them for whatever sort of offense they need most at the deadline.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trumbo and Wells for Miggy Cab and Jacob turner

done deal.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Backs decide to resign Saunders after all

Kennedy
Cahill
Hudson
Saunders
Collmenter

Miley AAA
Bauer AA
Skaggs AA

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so darvish signed with the Rangers. Pretty much expected but now it's a done deal
Old 01-18-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

$102 million total for Yu between posting fee and contract.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
$102 million total for Yu between posting fee and contract.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

There are indications that Dave Dombrowski does not want to sign one of the dozen mediocre DH candidates in free agency and is pursuing a trade for a hitter.

Who is out there that might be available? (Besides David "It ain't happenin" Wright)
Old 01-19-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals signed Kyle McClellan to a one year deal yesterday.

Good signing, K-Mac strengthens an already solid bullpen.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There are indications that Dave Dombrowski does not want to sign one of the dozen mediocre DH candidates in free agency and is pursuing a trade for a hitter.

Who is out there that might be available? (Besides David "It ain't happenin" Wright)
I'd call Washington about Morse. Maybe it'll push them into taking Fielder. Maybe try and pry Lombardozzi away too.

How about we hold tight for half a season and see if the Reds start sinking. Then steal us some Votto.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-19-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'd call Washington about Morse. Maybe it'll push them into taking Fielder. Maybe try and pry Lombardozzi away too.

How about we hold tight for half a season and see if the Reds start sinking. Then steal us some Votto.
Morse, huh? I like it. But it'd probably cost a ton.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Cardinals signed Kyle McClellan to a one year deal yesterday.

Good signing, K-Mac strengthens an already solid bullpen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Votto is a former MVP with something like 2 years of team control.
He wont be "stolen"

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Votto makes no sense for Detroit anyways. Rest easy.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Votto makes no sense for Detroit anyways. Rest easy.
Knowing our luck we trade him for some more over-hyped AL prospects.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are Yu feeling today?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

For a chance at Votto, I'd dump VMart when he gets healthy to another team. Turner, Castellanos, and Oliver would all be gone though. If only Cabrera's fat ass could still play 3rd...but nope. And hell, Votto in left is just as good as Delmon Young or Magglio was in right.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
For a chance at Votto, I'd dump VMart when he gets healthy to another team. Turner, Castellanos, and Oliver would all be gone though. If only Cabrera's fat ass could still play 3rd...but nope. And hell, Votto in left is just as good as Delmon Young or Magglio was in right.
My god, man. Stop being one of those fools that puts Cabrera and Third Base in the same sentence. Even if you're jokingly down on him for not being fleet of foot.