Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
That's right when Mo Vaughn fell off. Checking the OPS+ numbers, he went from 153 OPS+ at age 30 (1st year of new contract) and then couldn't get over 120 OPS+. The man just ballooned and lost his ability to play well.
I don't think he'll go the Mo Vaughn track. Prince hates his dad so much that he'll do anything to avoid the same decline he had.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't think he'll go the Mo Vaughn track. Prince hates his dad so much that he'll do anything to avoid the same decline he had.
That still doesn't change the fact that he's listed as 275lbs (probably heavier) and only 5'11"(and really 5'10" at most).
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with this, but still...

Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd die laughing if the Tigers went out and got Juan Pierre. Talk about a move that would counteract what good this move made for their lineup.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'd die laughing if the Tigers went out and got Juan Pierre. Talk about a move that would counteract what good this move made for their lineup.
what are you talking about? Name a single person who can run on the Tigers? Austin Jackson strikes out too much to be a good leadoff, and although he steals bases, is not a major threat.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
what are you talking about? Name a single person who can run on the Tigers? Austin Jackson strikes out too much to be a good leadoff, and although he steals bases, is not a major threat.
Juan Pierre is terrible, so there's that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They need someone with better range in left to counter a potential Cabrera/Peralta duo on certain days at 3b/ss. Plus I prefer to take some pressure off of Jackson.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-24-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Pierre is nothing special in left at this point, he just runs zig-zag routes to the ball.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need someone with better range in left to counter a potential Cabrera/Peralta duo on certain days at 3b/ss. Plus I prefer to take some pressure off of Jackson.
Yeah, but they need a guy who can put up an OBP above .330 in front of Cabrera and Fielder, or else they just diminished the effectiveness of the signing. He's also bad defensively, so that's not good. He's worse than a replacement level player. That's never a good person to add.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 01-24-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Choppy sentences
Old 01-24-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm putting my foot down here. The Juan Pierre talk stops. He ******* blows. End of story.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I don't think you know Juan Pierre and are just assuming he sucks because you recognize that he's probably old. He's still only 34 and can do the Dave Roberts thing for us.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think you know Juan Pierre and are just assuming he sucks because you recognize that he's probably old. He's still only 34 and can do the Dave Roberts thing for us.
Oh ****, am I being trolled?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually I didn't even see that you posted because anybody who would actually be a Notre Dame fan is invisible to me.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-24-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You mean sit on the bench and pinch run? Meh, there's cheaper options. And mqt is awesome even if he needs to learn some things about applying baseball stats and would be ******* TAUGHT IF HE WOULD ******* TALK TO ME EVERY NOW AND ******* THEN.

Ahem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
****, I missed it too. Well down Prowler.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tigers should definitely add Pierre. I want to see him show off that laser cannon attached to his left shoulder.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

43 BB, 41 SO, gets on around .280 and can probably steal 30 if he were better coached. Plus Delmon Young has been one of the league leaders in errors for like 5 straight years.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-24-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Just because Delmon Young is terrible, doesn't mean we need another terrible outfielder to play alongside him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

how about Corey Patterson or Andruw Jones?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-24-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
how about Corey Patterson or Andruw Jones?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'd love Andruw Jones.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
You mean sit on the bench and pinch run? Meh, there's cheaper options. And mqt is awesome even if he needs to learn some things about applying baseball stats and would be ******* TAUGHT IF HE WOULD ******* TALK TO ME EVERY NOW AND ******* THEN.

Ahem.
AIM is dead, man. Get with the Facebook chat.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd love Andruw Jones.
He already signed back up with us.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, how much is Joey Votto going to get paid in two years? He'll be 30, so younger than Pujols and much more in-shape than Fielder. Good defense, great offense, good body for aging.

$250 million? More?

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Depends on how aggressive the Red Sox, Dodgers, Rangers, and Cubs get with their bidding. I can see $260 over 10 years.

Prowler's Newb Guide