Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Typical that a Jew finds a loophole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewer fans: Horay...our best player isn't a cheater. :rolleyes.

I could give a ****. We are the 2011 World Champions, STREAKING!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers
‏ @AaronRodgers12
Follow
I'll let my buddy take it from here. All u idiots talking about technicality open up for some crow too. See if Espn gets pressured not to..
Seems like there's more information we don't know yet.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say I always thought Braun or maybe I heard him say something like it that he had some medical condition (now one of them was way out there, but u never know), but it was a medical condition, he took something, and that spiked the test. I believed that...
Old 02-23-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jon Heyman ‏ @JonHeymanCBS
part of braun's argument was that the chain of custody was broken for 2 days, meaning the sample was left unprotected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I must say I always thought Braun or maybe I heard him say something like it that he had some medical condition (now one of them was way out there, but u never know), but it was a medical condition, he took something, and that spiked the test. I believed that...
There was a lot of speculation about that, with herpes being the most common, but I don't think any of it came directly from him.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope an official explanation is released about why it was overturned or else there will just be endless speculation.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I hope an official explanation is released about why it was overturned or else there will just be endless speculation.
Im gonna go with Ryan Braun has herpes.
Why? Because I am a Reds fan and wanted to see the Brewers tank. :)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think as soon as a player tests positive, they need to immediately be retested. They still get punished based on the 1st test, but the 2nd test will be to combat the bs of FedEx delay issues deciding that 20x the normal amount of testosterone isn't cheating.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/76...ame-suspension

Quote:
Braun didn't argue evidence of tampering and didn't dispute the science, but argued protocol had not been followed. A second source confirmed to ESPN investigative reporters Mark Fainaru-Wada and T.J. Quinn that Braun questioned the chain of custody and collection procedure.

According to one of the sources, the collector, after getting Braun's sample, was supposed to take the sample to a FedEx Office for shipping.

But the source said the collector thought the FedEx Office was closed because it was late on a Saturday and felt the sample wouldn't get shipped until Monday.

As has occurred in some other instances, the collector took the sample home and kept it in a cool place, in his basement at his residence in Wisconsin, according to the source.

Policy states that the sample is supposed to get to FedEx as soon as possible.

Braun's initial T/E ratio was more than 20:1. Sources previously confirmed synthetic testosterone in his system. A source says MLB is livid and is considering options and other comment.

The source told ESPN the seals were totally intact and testing never reflected any degradation of the sample. Based on the World Anti-Doping Agency code, this is exactly what would have been expected to happen, and the collector took the proper action, the source said.

The source also noted that synthetic testosterone doesn't just show up because a sample sits in one place or another.
Sounds like a 50 game ban to me. I have no real idea how a 2-1 decision can be viewed as a deciding victory. Its a 20:1 ratio of synthetic testosterone. He's a cheater. He got off due to Jewish sympathy. It is completely racial.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GJ Mr. Commish
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think as soon as a player tests positive, they need to immediately be retested. They still get punished based on the 1st test, but the 2nd test will be to combat the bs of FedEx delay issues deciding that 20x the normal amount of testosterone isn't cheating.

Sounds like a 50 game ban to me. I have no real idea how a 2-1 decision can be viewed as a deciding victory. Its a 20:1 ratio of synthetic testosterone. He's a cheater. He got off due to Jewish sympathy. It is completely racial.
He is on Selig's team. More than being a Jew....
This is ********. He OJ'd his way out.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-23-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who tests positive, upheld or not should be retested on a weekly basis for the rest of their career.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Anyone who tests positive, upheld or not should be retested on a weekly basis for the rest of their career.
COME ON!
It isn't like they are banned for tax evasion.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Shut up Damix.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we draft him a few picks lower in fantasy baseball out of spite?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Talking

Quote:

Why on earth would he argue tampering. MLB ****** up big time by breaking the chain of custody and so obviously that's the way to win the case. There's a good chance he does believe it was tampered with and in a span of two days it's very possible that it was tampered with, but I'd imagine that's a near impossible argument to prove.

And a 20:1 ratio is insanely high, even for someone on steroids. Either something got messed up or he's the worst cheater ever. Seeing as he's been in the big leagues for 5 years and had never been linked to steroids until now I think that if he is cheating he wouldn't make such a rookie mistake.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do we draft him a few picks lower in fantasy baseball out of spite?
No we draft him a few picks lower because he's no longer being protected by Prince Fielder.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
No we draft him a few picks lower because he's no longer being protected by Prince Fielder.
LOL.
I hope he has a crashing year.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012...uspension.html -for info on who was on the panel

It was only a 2-1 ruling. MLB executive vice president Rob Manfred, union head Michael Weiner, and some long time MLB arbitrator Shyam Das.

Obviously Manfred and Weiner split at 1-1, and Das was the deciding vote.

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/..._2001_11_19_0/ -more on who Shyam Das is.

And Shyam is a hindi name, so I guess he's just stupid. Terrible decision and should be appealed somehow...but probably not possible.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-23-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Will Carroll ‏ @injuryexpert Reply Retweet Favorite Open
The Braun decision was based on HOW the sample was corrupted. Panel was shown exactly what happened, why result was invalid.

Will Carroll ‏ @injuryexpert Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Repeatable result showed exactly how Braun's single test showed positive. Arbitrator agreed. Simple, isn't it?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carroll seems to be the only one who thinks the sample was corrupted by how it was handled. Strange.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:

Holy crap that all sounds super shady to me. Like why is the FedEx dude from Wisconsin. Why the hell would they keep it in the hands of the FedEx guy from the dude's homestate. Whatever the case, cheater or not we beat his team's ass in the NLCS and we won the ******* world series. They can win in the courtrooms, we'll win on the mother ******* field.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/76...ame-suspension -update

Quote:
Braun's representatives are saying there was a difference in the ph balance of Braun's sample when it was taken at the time of the test and when it arrived at the lab in Montreal. A source said the director of the Montreal Olympic doping lab, Christiane Ayotte, testified during the hearing that it was not unusual for the balance to be different, as the equipment used in the field is not as sophisticated and accurate as the equipment in the lab. She also said she did not question the integrity of the sample and that it arrived with all seals intact.
I don't understand the Will Carroll twitter messages. They conflict with ESPN. Sounds like spin. Different PH levels? What does that have to do with the 20:1 synthetic testosterone?

I understand the FedEx guy a little bit. If he's responsible for the sample, then he was just watching over it as opposed to potentially letting it get corrupted by some random FedEx people in an uncontrolled environment.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 02-24-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

I don't want to shock anybody, but Grady Sizemore is hurt and will miss opening day.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-24-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't want to shock anybody, but Grady Sizemore is hurt and will miss opening day.
Good thing I was seated already.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a shame about Grady. I hate seeing superstars that can't perform to their potential because of injuries.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote