Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-28-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two questions:

1) How do people expect the new Miami ballpark to play? Is it conducive to power hitters? Is Stanton going to hit 40 this year? Or is it spacious?

2) How many games will Carlos Santana play this year? Is he going to play every day, switching from catcher to DH to 1B? Or will he sit once a week like a regular catcher?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two more since I'm at the top of the page:

3) What are the Angels going to do with all that depth? If Morales is cleared (they expect him to be), they'll have a DH spot for him, Abreu, and Trumbo. Will Trumbo play some 3rd? And Trout's starting in the minors but he's too good not to call up. I guess it's a good problem to have.

4) What pitchers break out/bounce back this year? What do we make of Tommy Hanson, Josh Johnson, Adam Wainwright, and Johan Santana? Which of those four has the best chance to stay healthy and return to form? Which of them is the leas likely?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Two questions:

1) How do people expect the new Miami ballpark to play? Is it conducive to power hitters? Is Stanton going to hit 40 this year? Or is it spacious?

2) How many games will Carlos Santana play this year? Is he going to play every day, switching from catcher to DH to 1B? Or will he sit once a week like a regular catcher?
He won't catch everyday, I know that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Two more since I'm at the top of the page:

3) What are the Angels going to do with all that depth? If Morales is cleared (they expect him to be), they'll have a DH spot for him, Abreu, and Trumbo. Will Trumbo play some 3rd? And Trout's starting in the minors but he's too good not to call up. I guess it's a good problem to have.

4) What pitchers break out/bounce back this year? What do we make of Tommy Hanson, Josh Johnson, Adam Wainwright, and Johan Santana? Which of those four has the best chance to stay healthy and return to form? Which of them is the leas likely?
For #4, I think Abreu sits. He's on the last year of his contract anyway and the Angels tried to get rid of him this offseason in exchange for AJ Burnett.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Santana had shoulder surgery. Don't expect much at all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is supposed to be more of a pitchers park as far as I know.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

30 Teams in Approximately 30 Days Begins! This is the special time of year for us all when I rank your minor league prospects! As suggested, I will go in order of system strength, starting with the lowest and progressing higher to the top. I will post one approximately every day as my schedule sees fit, and hopefully every team will be posted prior to Opening Day. Here is the schedule:

30. Chicago White Sox
29. Philadelphia Phillies
28. Cleveland Indians
27. Los Angeles Dodgers
26. Cincinnati Reds
25. Miami Marlins
24. Milwaukee Brewers
23. Detroit Tigers
22. New York Mets
21. San Francisco Giants
20. Minnesota Twins
19. Los Angeles Angels
18. Colorado Rockies
17. Chicago Cubs
16. Baltimore Orioles
15. Houston Astros
14. St. Louis Cardinals
13. Atlanta Braves
12. Boston Red Sox
11. Tampa Bay Rays
10. New York Yankees
9. Pittsburgh Pirates
8. Toronto Blue Jays
7. Seattle Mariners
6. San Diego Padres
5. Kansas City Royals
4. Oakland Athletics
3. Texas Rangers
2. Arizona Diamondbacks
1. Washington Nationals

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Addison Reed, RHP
2) Nestor Molina, RHP
3) Trayce Thompson, OF
4) Simon Castro, RHP
5) Jacob Petricka, RHP
6) Tyler Saladino, SS
7) Keenyn Walker, OF
8) Eduardo Escobar, SS
9) Jhan Marinez, RHP
10) Erik Johnson, RHP
11) Hector Santiago, LHP
12) Juan Silverio, 3B
13) Andre Rienzo, RHP
14) Andy Wilkins, 1B
15) Greg Infante, RHP
16) Kevan Smith, C
17) Charles Leesman, LHP
18) Jared Mitchell, OF
19) Brandon Short, OF
20) Jose Quintana, LHP
21) Josh Phegley, C
22) Scott Snodgress, LHP
23) Jose Martinez, OF
24) Carlos Sanchez, INF
25) Jeff Soptic, RHP

Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo starting with the worst

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have the Nats first even after they gave up all those pieces for Gio? I have a hard time putting them over some of those other teams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
You have the Nats first even after they gave up all those pieces for Gio? I have a hard time putting them over some of those other teams.
They still have the best prospect in all of baseball along with players like Anthony Rendon, Matt Purke, and Alex Meyer. Still a consensus top 5 system in my opinion.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braves at 13?!?!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Braves at 13?!?!
I am surprised to see the Sox as high as 12... I guess most of our prospects are high potential but are a few years from the bigs.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More Wildcards! Looks like it's going to be announced tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the format again for the Wild Cards?

A one-game play-in for both of them?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best thing about Fisch's rankings, the Cardinals are the highest NL central team not named the Pirates. And no offense Hines, I am sorry, I love u, and I keep telling everyone to watch out for the Pirates this season, but they'll find a way to **** up their farm system cuz they are the Pirates.

And my feeling on more wildcards.........................

Old 02-29-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
They still have the best prospect in all of baseball along with players like Anthony Rendon, Matt Purke, and Alex Meyer. Still a consensus top 5 system in my opinion.
I'd still have them top 5 but I don't see the #1 ranking. Purke isn't really a top prospect as far as I'm concerned.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't like the idea of more WC's. Hate the idea of a 1 game playoff between the two teams also. Leave already Selig.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What's the format again for the Wild Cards?

A one-game play-in for both of them?
Yup. Nothing more exciting than that.

I hate the 5 game series and believe that all the series should be played over 7 but I like that this gives HUGE incentive for being a division winner.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like it. We don't get that epic finish like last year if there was an extra wild card. Sure maybe St. Louis and Tampa would be playing to host the game or whatever but still the gap between Boston (5) and the Angels (6) was 4 games, the gap between the Braves (5) and Giants (6) was 3. The last game of the season instead of ending epic collapses and/or epic comebacks would have just been meh...Boston and Atlanta still have a chance tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I don't like the idea of more WC's. Hate the idea of a 1 game playoff between the two teams also. Leave already Selig.
Agreed. I used to be in favor of more Wild Cards, but I've changed my tune lately.

One-game playoffs are all about which starting pitchers are available on a reasonable amount of rest.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Agreed. I used to be in favor of more Wild Cards, but I've changed my tune lately.

One-game playoffs are all about which starting pitchers are available on a reasonable amount of rest.
Imagine if the Tigers were the 2nd wild card team to get in and be like 13 games behind the first wild cards and the Tigers get to throw Verlander. That would suck balls. Not saying this will happen cuz the Tigers will prolly dominate the AL Central but hypothetically....
Old 02-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Best thing about Fisch's rankings, the Cardinals are the highest NL central team not named the Pirates. And no offense Hines, I am sorry, I love u, and I keep telling everyone to watch out for the Pirates this season, but they'll find a way to **** up their farm system cuz they are the Pirates.

And my feeling on more wildcards.........................

And to think I EVER rooted for the Cards last season. **** you and I'm glad that you lost Pujols!!
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And it bothers me to no end that a 162 schedule comes down to a 1 game crap shoot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
And to think I EVER rooted for the Cards last season. **** you and I'm glad that you lost Pujols!!
Ur words hurt man :(. And why must u bring that up :(