Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It goes a lot farther in deciding, and you really can't go any farther than 7 games.
True. You could go straight soccer style and just award the champs to the winner of the season. But the point is the best team doesn't always win. And that's what makes it exciting.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be awesome if the country could accept a champion without a playoffs. The best record after 162 games is the champ.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And neither does a series of 7 really. Were the Cardinals really the best team last year?
We did beat the two best teams in the NL......and well if Nelson Cruz is the slightest bit better at defense, well he isn't lets not go into hypotheticals. But no we were not. We were the best in September and October tho.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:07 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first mock draft team of the season. I'd be pretty happy if my actual draft looked this way. Thoughts?
C Matt Wieters
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Robinson Cano
3B David Freese
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
2B/SS Erick Aybar
1B/3B Paul Goldschmidt
OF Michael Bourn
OF Adam Jones
OF Jason Heyward
OF Logan Morrison
OF Colby Rasmus
UTIL Mark Trumbo
P Dan Haren
P Matt Cain
P Mat Latos
P Jason Motte
P Jaime Garcia
P Ryan Dempster
P Ricky Nolasco
P Chris Perez
P Jonny Venters
BE Kendrys Morales
BE Trevor Cahill
BE Rafael Furcal

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My MLBTV renewed and I just downloaded At Bat for the Tablet and Cell phone... Baseball is in the air gents!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
My first mock draft team of the season. I'd be pretty happy if my actual draft looked this way. Thoughts?
C Matt Wieters
1B Mark Teixeira
2B Robinson Cano
3B David Freese
SS Asdrubal Cabrera
2B/SS Erick Aybar
1B/3B Paul Goldschmidt
OF Michael Bourn
OF Adam Jones
OF Jason Heyward
OF Logan Morrison
OF Colby Rasmus
UTIL Mark Trumbo
P Dan Haren
P Matt Cain
P Mat Latos
P Jason Motte
P Jaime Garcia
P Ryan Dempster
P Ricky Nolasco
P Chris Perez
P Jonny Venters
BE Kendrys Morales
BE Trevor Cahill
BE Rafael Furcal
Do you have a break down by round? It might be better to analyze then. But overall I would give it a B depending on how many are in the league.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was just a ten team mock. The only one I really reached on was Wieters, but the rest of the catchers were lame.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THERE IS NO REASON TO DRAFT MICHAEL BOURN FOR WHERE HE IS GOING THIS YEAR! NONE!

Also, I have first pick. Leaning Pujols (because I'm taking a 3B in the 2nd/3rd). Thoughts?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U know how u get when u watch those Sarah McGlocklin sad puppy commercials, thats the way I get when I hear or see the name Pujols. :( :( :( :( :(
Old 03-01-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
THERE IS NO REASON TO DRAFT MICHAEL BOURN FOR WHERE HE IS GOING THIS YEAR! NONE!

Also, I have first pick. Leaning Pujols (because I'm taking a 3B in the 2nd/3rd). Thoughts?
I am always a firm believer in taking high producing players at positions that typically don't produce big numbers.

But with the #1 overall pick thats tough.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I am always a firm believer in taking high producing players at positions that typically don't produce big numbers.

But with the #1 overall pick thats tough.
Again, I'm going to have Zimmerman or Brett Lawire on my roster so I don't care that Miggy is 3B. At all. And my league has no CI or MI spots, so it's strictly Pujols vs. Miggy, nothing about positions...
Old 03-01-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, it has to be Cabera first overall this year. 3B elgibility and protected in the batting order? Dude's gonna be a legitimate triple crown candidate. Failing that, I'd go Kemp over Pujols.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Come on, it has to be Cabera first overall this year. 3B elgibility and protected in the batting order? Dude's gonna be a legitimate triple crown candidate. Failing that, I'd go Kemp over Pujols.
How much 3B is he is going to play? Cause won't need at least 5-10 starts before the he actually get that eligibility?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I DONT CARE THAT HE'S 3B ELIGIBLE SO STOP BRINGING THAT UP!

I do care about Prince protecting him...

But on what planet is Kemp a better pick than Pujols? Why so down on Pujols?
Old 03-01-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

My point is, is that I'm still very doubtful how much time he'll get at 3B. Do I think he'll eventually get 3B eligibility? Yes, but it might not be until late May.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
U know how u get when u watch those Sarah McGlocklin sad puppy commercials, thats the way I get when I hear or see the name Pujols. :( :( :( :( :(
Why are you obsessing over an Angels player?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point is, is that I'm still very doubtful how much time he'll get at 3B. Do I think he'll eventually get 3B eligibility? Yes, but it might not be until late May.
Doesn't matter too much, he'll still get it (although I hope he doesn't, you all know my fetish with defense and all).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Doesn't matter too much, he'll still get it (although I hope he doesn't, you all know my fetish with defense and all).
I agree. I just wouldn't draft him and then think you have 3B locked down for your fantasy team. Because you might end up having to start a scrub for 2 months until he gets the eligibility.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Burnett has been with the team for a little over 2 weeks and the Pirates already hurt him. Sigh.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I DONT CARE THAT HE'S 3B ELIGIBLE SO STOP BRINGING THAT UP!

I do care about Prince protecting him...

But on what planet is Kemp a better pick than Pujols? Why so down on Pujols?
The planet where Kemp has a shot a 40/40?
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The planet where Kemp has a shot a 40/40?
He said he wants to try for 50/50.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
He said he wants to try for 50/50.
Well, I want to get 50/50 as well. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Well, I want to get 50/50 as well. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen.
Agreed. It could negatively impact him if he pushes too hard for it.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Twins spring training updates? Haven't heard much at all out of camp.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. It could negatively impact him if he pushes too hard for it.
I really doubt he's that stupid...(nevermind he dated Rhianna, I retract that statement).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote