Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He didn't answer my question about Goldschmidt though so poopoo on him
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ken Rosenthal ‏ @Ken_Rosenthal
Scouts yesterday had #Yankees' Pineda at 88-91 - "and there was some effort to get to 91," one said. Pineda averaged 94.7 last year. #MLB

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Guillen retired. One of my favorite players for a few years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ken Rosenthal ‏ @Ken_Rosenthal
Scouts yesterday had #Yankees' Pineda at 88-91 - "and there was some effort to get to 91," one said. Pineda averaged 94.7 last year. #MLB
Its just one start and people are freaking out already? Have a feeling that Pineda is going to be judged unfairly especially if he gets off to a slow start while playing in that bandbox because he got traded for golden boy Jesus Montero. There were a lot of games last year in which he held back from throwing with maximum effort in order to conserve himself.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Its just one start and people are freaking out already? Have a feeling that Pineda is going to be judged unfairly especially if he gets off to a slow start while playing in that bandbox because he got traded for golden boy Jesus Montero. There were a lot of games last year in which he held back from throwing with maximum effort in order to conserve himself.
I don't think anyone is really concerned. Yankees said that is where they expect him to be at this time of year. GF is trying to start **** and I'm not biting. Where is Montero going to hit and how much catcher is he expected to play? How much 1B?
Old 03-06-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York is one of the biggest market in the US. Pineda getting scrutinized is jus t normal.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
New York is one of the biggest market in the US. Pineda getting scrutinized is jus t normal.
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. None of the Yankee beat writers even gave it a second.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think anyone is really concerned. Yankees said that is where they expect him to be at this time of year. GF is trying to start **** and I'm not biting. Where is Montero going to hit and how much catcher is he expected to play? How much 1B?
Its more all the people in Twitter and that terrible George King article. I dont understand all this nonsense about not having a third pitch when his first two pitches and control are really really good. He could be a good 2 even without ever developing a changeup.

They will try Montero at Catcher apparently. I think you should see 50-60 odd games at catcher. They don't really have a guy that is a full time DH so he should see more time there than at catcher.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Its more all the people in Twitter and that terrible George King article. I dont understand all this nonsense about not having a third pitch when his first two pitches and control are really really good. He could be a good 2 even without ever developing a changeup.

They will try Montero at Catcher apparently. I think you should see 50-60 odd games at catcher. They don't really have a guy that is a full time DH so he should see more time there than at catcher.
I'm just wondering from a fantasy point of view. I can keep him, and I think I will, but my only worry is right now he only has DH eligibility. Just wondering how quickly I should think it would take for him to gain back catcher eligibility.

As for Pineda's change up, that apparently looked good yesterday. He got a strikeout on Victorino with it. The pitching coaches were happy with the change and didn't seemed concerned about the velocity. I'm not concerned. It's going to take a lot more than the first two innings of ST before I get worried.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

They have two major league catchers(or atleast in name) in Olivo and Jaso so I would presume its a timeshare. It could be a while before he gets the minimum number of games to get eligibility.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Sorry Fenikz but Ian Kennedy sucks. He's a #5 starter.
Was looking for Justin Upton posts and found this :)
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Was looking for Justin Upton posts and found this :)
Yeah that one bit me in the ass. I still think he's pitching over his head big time but we'll see.

As for Pineda Keith Law was worried about it also. He said he was about 5 MPH higher at the same time last year. I was yelled at for bringing up Hughes velocity issues last year and that was a problem all year as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I don't think he will be a career sub 3 guy but 3.3-3.5 is reasonable
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kennedy's a fine guy to have alongside the better Hudson, Skaggs, and Bauer. Sort of what Cahill is as well. God I hate how much goddamn pitching depth you assholes in Arizona have.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Kennedy's a fine guy to have alongside the better Hudson, Skaggs, and Bauer. Sort of what Cahill is as well. God I hate how much goddamn pitching depth you assholes in Arizona have.
So in a way I'm right haha. Kennedy will be a #5 starter but only because the SP depth ahead of him is insane.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Ya long term he is our #4/#5 starter

Even longer term Cahill might not be in the rotation

Bradley
Bauer
Skaggs
Hudson
Kennedy

Meo/Chafin/Holmberg to the Pen?

Last edited by fenikz : 03-06-2012 at 06:02 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well odds are not everyone will live up to their billing so we'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly the M's are going to slowly ease Montero into the starting catcher role, most likely next season. Gonna be the main DH and catch a hand full of games...nothing drastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not magically going to make him a catcher.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not magically going to make him a catcher.
The guy is still only 22 yrs old...I think people seem to forget that sometimes.

Im not by any means saying hes a good catcher, but he definitely has time to improve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The guy is still only 22 yrs old...I think people seem to forget that sometimes.

Im not by any means saying hes a good catcher, but he definitely has time to improve.
Not really. He's too big to be a catcher, and he doesn't have the athleticism that Mauer has for instance to compensate. Plus, his age has nothing to do with the fact that he's just not a catcher.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yea his body type just won't allow him to be a good starting catcher. he has some of the worst times going from crouch to throwing position. Square peg, round hole type deal. He's going to be an absolute monster with the bat though and I still don't know why they chose Smoak over him in the first place.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-08-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched spring training for the first time today and I'm going out on a limb, but I think the Indians will be playing in the post-season. Call me crazy, but the Tribe look really fun this year and the infield defense as well as the ground ball pitching is going to be awesome. If they can produce runs at a better rate and if the Tigers D is going to be as bad I think could be, they'll win the division. They're my AL team, but I truly think they're gonna look good.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Oh yes, Ubaldo/Jimenez/garbage with an okayish offense and a slightly above average at best defense is plenty enough to win the division.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-08-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh yes, Ubaldo/Jimenez/garbage with an okayish offense and a slightly above average at best defense is plenty enough to win the division.
You shall see Master Brodeur. I may as well do my predictions so I don't seem too crazy. Although I'll give Detroit the benefit of the doubt because they certainly don't look bad

AL West: Texas
AL Central: Tigers
AL East: Yankees
Wild Card: Red Sox
Wild Card: Indians

NL West: Diamondbacks
NL Central: Reds
NL East: Phillies
Wild Card: Cardinals
Wild Card: Braves

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44