Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
What's funny is that Dusty doesn't trust Bray against lefties, but his numbers against lefties the past two years are: .185/.265/.292 and .106/.208/.298. LOL
Dusty Baker is a force.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Seems like a very fair offer. Only thing is Cano is the best player in the deal and Weeks and Tulo have checkered injury history.

I also think Cano's batting average and HRs could spike from last year.
Huh? I think that is debatable.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Huh? I think that is debatable.
I'm not a Yankee hater

but I see I big decrease for Cano this year, on all his numbers across the board

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty even deal Scotty. I would probably take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I'm not a Yankee hater

but I see I big decrease for Cano this year, on all his numbers across the board
Why?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post

Why?
I think he's a capable MVP candidate when healthy and if he's smacking the ball well he's on of the most dangerous hitters in baseball, having said that, it's just a prediction but I guess I'll have to back it up. First, dealing with nagging injuries already in Spring (left hand) is not the best start for the upcoming season. He ended the last month of last season (September) with one of his worst months statically for Cano compared to his other months, which compared to what he did in May of 2011, which was really bad. His last 7 games he had a .200 BA, but did turn it around personally during the post season. I'm not saying Cano is gonna tank this year or that he wont hit for a, .300 +20 HR, +100 RBI, because he's certainly capable of it. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he had a down year

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I think he's a capable MVP candidate when healthy and if he's smacking the ball well he's on of the most dangerous hitters in baseball, having said that, it's just a prediction but I guess I'll have to back it up. First, dealing with nagging injuries already in Spring (left hand) is not the best start for the upcoming season. He ended the last month of last season (September) with one of his worst months statically for Cano compared to his other months, which compared to what he did in May of 2011, which was really bad. His last 7 games he had a .200 BA, but did turn it around personally during the post season. I'm not saying Cano is gonna tank this year or that he wont hit for a, .300 +20 HR, +100 RBI, because he's certainly capable of it. All I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if he had a down year
Just pointing out that you a partially basing a prediction for a whole season off 7 games in September of last year. When he played great in October. For someone to even say he will have a huge year based on October of last year would be pretty silly.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough. I just wanted to see what your thought process was.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't do the Tulo trade. Something bad will happen and you will be screwed for the season. Trust the force that guided your hand on draft night. If you do the trade and Cano doesn't perform, then you will hate yourself and give up on the season. If you find out that Cano would have been better, then you can at least tell yourself that you were trusting your own gut by sticking to your picks instead of taking someone else's unsolicited offer. Plus, it will probably take most of the year to realize if Cano was truly better or not and by then you won't care.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiosity, what are the expectations for the Phillies this year among board members? I see them in the playoffs obviously. I actually like our chances more with Pierre in LF rather than Mayberry but that looks like a platoon situation. I don't know if our pitching will be able to keep us in more games than last year with Worley being the X factor in the rotation. As much as everyone likes to hate on Howard, he's the key to this offense. Optimistically, I'd like to see him 100 percent before September so he can see live meaningful pitches enough time before the playoffs. With him, the floor is the NLCS. Without him, we're lucky to make it out of the DS.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Dusty Baker but even he cant ruin a Votto extension.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ubaldo is badass

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And as Borat rants the Giants have Matt Cain are close to a long term deal. Officially 5 years $108 million and a team option for a 6th year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I actually like our chances more with Pierre in LF .
Does not compute.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And as Borat rants the Giants have Matt Cain are close to a long term deal. Officially 5 years $108 million and a team option for a 6th year.
That's a shame.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why? You wanted him on the open market? It sounds like the Phillies and Hamels are going to be coming to an agreement on a deal soon also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Why? You wanted him on the open market? It sounds like the Phillies and Hamels are going to be coming to an agreement on a deal soon also.
I did. I think I told you that over a year ago.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That's a shame.
Maybe you'll end up with Timmy instead.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce - 2016, with team option for 2017
Votto - ???
Cueto - 2015
Latos - 2015
Aroldis - 2016
Leake - 2016

Im excited.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Bruce - 2016, with team option for 2017
Votto - ???
Cueto - 2015
Latos - 2015
Aroldis - 2016
Leake - 2016

Im excited.
Baker is gonna keep Aroldis as a 7th/8th inning guy forever.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Baker is gonna keep Aroldis as a 7th/8th inning guy forever.
Im still optimistic they outlast him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-02-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Our rotation in 2013 should easily be

Latos
Chapman
Cueto
Leake
???

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think i'm going to do it because i'm pretty set on steals, having Gardner and Bourne

but I ******* love cano. and this kid loves tulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i don't think i'm going to do it because i'm pretty set on steals, having Gardner and Bourne

but I ******* love cano. and this kid loves tulo
Get him to sweeten the pot then.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Maybe you'll end up with Timmy instead.
I'm sending poop to your house. Be sure to answer the door.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Juggy, I will not share my co-Cain with you!

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote