Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Melancon. They are saying that Aceves might spot start for Beckett who is recovering from his own thumb injury.
Cool. Just drop Aroldis and picked him up. My RP are now Papelbon, H.Bell, B.Wilson, S.Marshall, R.Betancourt and Melancon. To bad I can only start 2. Hope I can trade 1 or 2 for a SP during to yr.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ended up trading Bourn and Crisp for Cutch and Utley, then flipped Jon Axford for Carl Crawford. Boom.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Ended up trading Bourn and Crisp for Cutch and Utley, then flipped Jon Axford for Carl Crawford. Boom.
Would have keep Ax. Great deal for cutch though.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wrong thread

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team A gets Kubel and Axford
Team B gets Ian Kennedy and Chris Perez
Who wins?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends on the rest of the roster/ scoring.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quality Starts, OPS and saves are all important. The second team's starters are Greinke, Jaime, and Dempster so starting pitching would be a plus.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say B but thats just me.

But i also want to be clear that i think Kennedy is going to regress this season.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 04-03-2012 at 02:17 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Melancon. They are saying that Aceves might spot start for Beckett who is recovering from his own thumb injury.
Guy on baseball tonight said Aceves or Bard. Didn't even mention Melancon.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would say B but thats just me.

But i also want to be clear that i think Kennedy is going to regress this season.
So they win even with a regression?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Guy on baseball tonight said Aceves or Bard. Didn't even mention Melancon.
Bard is the starting #5 so that makes no freaking sense.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...thumb_surgery/

Quote:
Without Bailey, an already thin Red Sox bullpen will turn to Mark Melancon and Alfredo Aceves as replacements. Melancon has 20 career saves, all with the Houston Astros last season. Aceves has four career saves.

“I’m ready for whatever they throw at me,’’ Melancon said. “If they need me to close, I’ve done that before. It’s the kind of situation that I like.’’

Aceves was told by Valentine to be prepared to pitch in the eighth or ninth inning. If Bailey is out for an extended period, the Sox could designate Melancon or Aceves as the closer. There are no plans at the moment to return newly crowned No. 5 starter Daniel Bard to the bullpen.
With that said and Aceves possibly spot starting for Beckett, Melancon is the smart move.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
So they win even with a regression?
I don't like Kubel and he is likely to platoon. Perez will get saves... Maybe not as many as Axford but I think Kennedy's value far out weighs the difference.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 04-03-2012 at 02:50 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2012 the year closers DIE

holy crap at the amount of injuries to closers already this year
Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't like Kubel and he is likely to platoon. Perez will get saves... Maybe not as many as Axford but I think Kennedy's value far out weighs the difference.
I'd bet the D'Backs OF looks something like this PA wise

Upton 600
Young 525
Kubel 500
Parra 400

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pirates' April schedule is absolutely brutal.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Pirates' April schedule is absolutely brutal.
That just means they have a soft part somewhere...ITS OKAY HINES! I am on their bandwagon (sorta I guess)...they be winning the Central man!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
That just means they have a soft part somewhere...ITS OKAY HINES! I am on their bandwagon (sorta I guess)...they be winning the Central man!
Hopefully they do if they don't get their **** knocked in this month and the start of May. Philly, Dodgers, Giants, DBacks, Cards(I'm going to one of those games BTW), Rockies, and four games against the Braves all in April. Yikes.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hopefully they do if they don't get their **** knocked in this month and the start of May. Philly, Dodgers, Giants, DBacks, Cards(I'm going to one of those games BTW), Rockies, and four games against the Braves all in April. Yikes.
Not to mean (but it will be), but when you are the Pirates, aren't 85% of the games hard. Pretty much unless you're playing the Cubs or Astros. You just named half the NL there, and a lot of the teams you left off are just as difficult.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not to mean (but it will be), but when you are the Pirates, aren't 85% of the games hard. Pretty much unless you're playing the Cubs or Astros. You just named half the NL there, and a lot of the teams you left off are just as difficult.
No, I was talking about their April schedule. That's who they open up with this month.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I was talking about their April schedule. That's who they open up with this month.
I know but you named like half the NL. I don't think that schedule is that brutal. Some of the teams you aren't playing are just as hard.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Pirates can't make the playoffs this year in the National League they probably never will.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After the Orioles (who always destroy us for some ungodly reason) the Twins have the Angels, Rangers, Yankees, Rays, and Red Sox, a break with the Royals and then back to the Angels again. This might get ugly.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's almost time to watch JJ rape the Cardinals!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Opening Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Happy Opening Day!
Amen to that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote