Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I wouldn't call it bandwagon as much as not being completely idiotic. If I am not going to have fun going to a baseball game, I am not going to go, plain and simple.
No, I think we're basically saying the same thing. Bandwaggon fans jump on board when the team is doing well. They don't wait out the tough times because they don't really care.

Bandwaggon fans typically don't like to be called that, because it carries a negative connotation, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means that you care about things more than your local sports team. Is what it is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There are many baseball towns that support their teams win or lose. It's not simply a matter of baseball vs. football.

Also, even if you want to get into the issue of relatives. Indians fans are relatively some of the worst in baseball. A lot of cities deal with the same issues that Cleveland does, and have far more support than Cleveland gives the Indians.

At first I was sticking up for Indians fans, but you've gone too far that it necessitates correction. Most fan bases deal with the same constraints, and don't have nearly the attendance issues that the Indians do.
no, cleveland is definitely not like most of the other cities logistically. it is basically a donut of people that surrounds downtown, where there is generally nobody. even big businesses are relocating to the suburbs (american greetings)... while there may be recent trends to shift back to urban revitalization in the area, it is obviously still a work in progress.. at any rate, there are a few places with similar trends in population, but obviously the economy of the region also factors in differently from place to place. however, to say that most fan bases deal with the same constraints is not true. while it may not be the smallest market, i would bet it is one of the most decentralized markets (locally, in their region, not 'decentralized' as in the yankees who have fans all over the world), especially when you consider that east of downtown until you reach the suburbs is flooded with people who you aren't marketing your product toward, except for small parcels here and there.

i don't know what your original point was, but if it was to say that cleveland fans are the 'most fair-weather' or whatever, then you can continue to spin the attendance figures and i really don't care and you might be right. all i was saying is that chris perez is a whiny asshole, whether or not he gets booed or fans do/don't show up. and that it shouldn't cost 10 dollars to get a beer at a sporting event, whether it is in cleveland or in arlington. i mean, i can come up with reasons why they don't go to as many games as some other cities, but apparently that still makes them fair weather or bandwagon fans, and that point can't really be argued since it is not that black and white.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 05-22-2012 at 01:38 AM.
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:55 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No, I think we're basically saying the same thing. Bandwaggon fans jump on board when the team is doing well. They don't wait out the tough times because they don't really care.

Bandwaggon fans typically don't like to be called that, because it carries a negative connotation, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. It just means that you care about things more than your local sports team. Is what it is.
Or you don't believe in wasting your money on a team owned by an owner who doesn't give a **** about his fans and rapes them for money when they come to the game until the product is at least worth going. Maybe it makes Indians fans smarter than the ones who go support owners who treat them like complete ****.

Larry Dolan has to be one of the top 5 shittiest owners in sports. He got incredibly lucky to find Shapiro to run a team with basically no funds to invest into his players and some how compete every once and a while.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really hurting after staying up for that Giants game.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get it done Sandy!! Sign Wright for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Bet you didn't know he's only the third National Leaguer in the past 40 years to wake up on May 22 with a batting average over .400, an on-base percentage over .500 and a slugging percentage over .600. The others: Todd Helton (.418/.503/.809) in 2000 and Barry Bonds in 1993 (.411/.530/.776).

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised no one brought this up but Adrian Gonzalez is playing RF tonight.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Weird. Could work, though.

Defense has become extremely overrated in baseball over the last few years.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Weird. Could work, though.

Defense has become extremely overrated in baseball over the last few years.
I disagree with that second comment. I'm watching a terrible defensive team and it definitely costs you runs all over the board.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree with that second comment. I'm watching a terrible defensive team and it definitely costs you runs all over the board.
But if the player hits enough, it can make up for that. I would agree that defense has become slightly overrated, but you can definitely hide a statue in right every 3-4 games or so and get away with it. Particularly when that player is Adrian Gonzalez
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wasn't bringing in any specific players but just the concept of defense in baseball is not overrated.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should be playing LF there is no question about it. RF is way to big for him to cover and probably doesn't have the arm for it either.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it time to replace Porcello with Below yet?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, that was a perfect time for Joaquin Arias to have his first career HR

Old 05-22-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
He should be playing LF there is no question about it. RF is way to big for him to cover and probably doesn't have the arm for it either.
In Baltimore, RF is the smaller of the corners. If he was playing RF in Fenway, I'd be pitching a fit.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Words can't express how happy it makes me that it doesn't matter how bad we are, we'll still beat the White Sox.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
In Baltimore, RF is the smaller of the corners. If he was playing RF in Fenway, I'd be pitching a fit.
Well they are about to go on a 7 game home stand so I guess we will see.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He played there last year. Apparently he and the team feel that it would be better to have the ball come at him in a similar direction. It's not something I hope to see on a regular basis.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well it looks like they're trying to get Youk, Gonzalez, and Middlebrooks all on the field at the same time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, the Pirates offense ruins another strong outing.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Once again, the Pirates offense ruins another strong outing.
Dickey Dickey Dickey

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Apparently there is a bunch of interest in Youk so I can understand the desire to get him playing time. Middlebrooks has been too good to pull and our outfield has been decimated of late so it makes some sense in a strange way.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I love Buster Posey.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Trout is sex.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
I'm guessing you will see attendance average around 20k on weekdays if they keep up the play and 30k on weekends.
61 degrees, Friday night, 1st place in the division, vs. a division rival.

15k showed up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offense is worthless without Austin Jackson (never thought I'd say that before the season).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote