Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not trying to look for loopholes. I am trying to find clarity because my brain needs answers to these questions. You could still avoided the complexity of this by just adopting BF's system.

So if I interpret what you said above, then there are 2 times you can add a new minor leaguer.

1. If your guy gets called up.

2. Monthy minor league swap meet.

I think the biggest issue I have now is that if a prospect gets called up and then sent down, that we have to send him to our minor league roster. ...and since you're forcing us to always have 4, that really is going to throw a wrench in it. Especially come September call ups...

Why not just giving us the option of keeping them on our major league roster or sending them down (and then picking any minor leaguer we want to be sent down)? It hurts us by keeping them on our major league roster because they are not actively accruing points.

...those are my thoughts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm going to defend myself, and argue that the current transactions should not be taken away. I'm not in the AL Only league so I only know so much. No where on the first page of the AL Only league thread does it say anything about there not be any transactions between the draft and the minor league draft. I can't be expected to read every single post in that long thread to get every single rule down. Nothing of the sort was posted in this thread either. I didn't do anything that the commissioner of the league didn't do first.
I don't believe there was any beef about that, so you don't need to worry.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PL, there are no issues, I didn't make it clear what was happening in the beginning so I wouldn't penalize you for that.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
PL, there are no issues, I didn't make it clear what was happening in the beginning so I wouldn't penalize you for that.
I'm just curious to see how it will all pan out between your rules being discussed, your Logan Morrison addition. You added a prospect before the minor league draft and now he got send down to the minors.

Will you put him on your minor league team and not draft a 4th player? I wish I knew we could've done that. lol.

Or is he a draftable player even now? Handled the same way our drafted minor leaguers are being treated?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Buster Posey and he didn't make the team. Someone took him in the draft and I believe the person who drafted him keeps him.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm just curious to see how it will all pan out between your rules being discussed, your Logan Morrison addition. You added a prospect before the minor league draft and now he got send down to the minors.

Will you put him on your minor league team and not draft a 4th player? I wish I knew we could've done that. lol.

Or is he a draftable player even now? Handled the same way our drafted minor leaguers are being treated?
Don't see why he wouldn't be draftable just as Strasburg and Posey were.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Don't see why he wouldn't be draftable just as Strasburg and Posey were.
You would think, but I dunno if it's safe to assume that.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Logan Morrison is available to whoever drafts him. D, I made a move early on to see how the FAAB worked, Matt Diaz a platoon OF. After I made that move PL made some moves, and I never specified we couldn't make moves so I wasn't going to penalize him for that. So once he made moves, the only fair thing to do was make it so anyone could make moves. I did however specifiy that if I player did not make their teams 25 man they are up to be drafted, so Morrison is and has been available the same as Posey, and Strasburg.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we also pick up another minor leaguer if one of ours gets traded to an AL system before ever making his major league debut? I would assume yes.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok question. I'm up in the draft now. If i take Mejia and add him to my roster when the minor league draft is over do I get to pick up another minor leaguer?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ I don't think you can take Mejia in the Minor League Draft considering he is not a minor leaguer....
Old 04-05-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Can we also pick up another minor leaguer if one of ours gets traded to an AL system before ever making his major league debut? I would assume yes.
Yes you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ok question. I'm up in the draft now. If i take Mejia and add him to my roster when the minor league draft is over do I get to pick up another minor leaguer?
Yes, as long as no one selected him in the regular draft.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
^ I don't think you can take Mejia in the Minor League Draft considering he is not a minor leaguer....
Neither was Mike Leake but he was selected so I'm going to allow it.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

This is all getting too complicated, You can add and drop prospects as you please but it will be done once a month and we will be using a waiver system.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Neither was Mike Leake but he was selected so I'm going to allow it.
Well then...

I definitely would've taken Mejia if I knew we were allowed to do that. Seems weird that anyone who takes a current major league player can simply stash him and then essentially get another draft pick right after they add him on ESPN...
Old 04-05-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then...

I definitely would've taken Mejia if I knew we were allowed to do that. Seems weird that anyone who takes a current major league player can simply stash him and then essentially get another draft pick right after they add him on ESPN...
Technically Leake isn't a major league player yet. And won't be for another 10 days or so.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well then...

Not to be an ass but you should have asked to make sure.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2010, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my first two draft picks.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not to be an ass but you should have asked to make sure.
I know.

I just assumed incorrectly that no major league players were eligible for the minor league draft.... lol
Old 04-05-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I know.

I just assumed incorrectly that no major league players were eligible for the minor league draft.... lol
It's cool and I really wasn't trying to be mean. Davis is still one great pick of course.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
It's cool and I really wasn't trying to be mean. Davis is still one great pick of course.
You still have to drop him I believe. How does that work? Are we the ones who have to stay on top of our team and drop a player if they are sent down?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You still have to drop him I believe. How does that work?
I guess after the draft is over I'll have him added to my team after I request a drop. Once that's completed I can add another minor leaguer.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I guess after the draft is over I'll have him added to my team after I request a drop. Once that's completed I can add another minor leaguer.
I'm talking about Davis. You should be able to drop him now.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm talking about Davis. You should be able to drop him now.
Ahh right. I forgot I had him. I'll see what CCB says but I'll drop him this week.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-06-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

You guys can go ahead and start dropping any prospects who have been drafted. We will keep track of all minor league business in the Minor League draft thread once the draft is over. I will also type out and post a detailed set of rules and regulations.

Also, gpngc, I'm sorry I didn't make the Meijia thing clear enough for you, and sorry you missed your opportunity to select him.

Last edited by ccB : 04-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote