Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 03-06-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1:00 PM is perfect.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you invite me to the league please?

gpngc@yahoo.com
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some questions before the draft regarding minor league players.

If we draft a minor league player and he does NOT make the opening day roster we have to drop him, correct?

How will the minor league draft order be determined and when will it take place?

If a player on my minor league team gets called up and then later sent back down, can I "drop" him back down to my minor league team and retain his rights?

Finally, the minor league roster is not something we can keep track of on ESPN, right? We need to keep track of it somewhere, like this thread.

EDIT: More questions, but I need them answered please.

How many keepers do we get each year?

Is there a limit to how many years we can keep a player?

Last edited by P-L : 03-06-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we draft a minor league player and he does NOT make the opening day roster we have to drop him, correct? Correct

How will the minor league draft order be determined and when will it take place? Random

If a player on my minor league team gets called up and then later sent back down, can I "drop" him back down to my minor league team and retain his rights? Yes

Finally, the minor league roster is not something we can keep track of on ESPN, right? We need to keep track of it somewhere, like this thread.

There will be a separate thread for the minor league draft once the regular season begins. We will keep track of the MiL rosters there.

EDIT: More questions, but I need them answered please.

How many keepers do we get each year? 15

Is there a limit to how many years we can keep a player? No limit.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Awesome, thanks.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent invite to gpngc, GF1080 still needs to join so I can set the draft time.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:00 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gf better get signed up soon, i dont want him to delay the draft

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:42 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1- Rosters are daily or weekly?

2- Why is an IP worth 9 points? Good starting pitchers score around 2000 points in that format and Pujols had 700 last year using that scoring.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
1- Rosters are daily or weekly? Daily.

2- Why is an IP worth 9 points? Good starting pitchers score around 2000 points in that format and Pujols had 700 last year using that scoring. I'm guessing that's a mistake. I believe it's supposed to be worth 3 points if you check back to the first post of this thread.
I'll answer.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Your Auction Draft has not yet been scheduled."

HUH? Are we doing this today or not?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
1- Rosters are daily or weekly?

2- Why is an IP worth 9 points? Good starting pitchers score around 2000 points in that format and Pujols had 700 last year using that scoring.
1. I think I have it as weekly, I'll check.

2. I had it set as 3 per IP, but ESPN scores that as 3 points per out a pitcher records, so that would mean max would be 9 pts per IP. I didn't realize that, so I put it down to 1 per out, so I pitcher can earn 3 points per IP.

on a separate note...

GF1080 never joined so I'm going to see if I can find a quick replacement so we can still draft today.

Last edited by ccB : 03-07-2010 at 11:58 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill do it i suppose

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CCB, keep us posted if we can still do the draft today or not.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Ill do it i suppose
Invite sent.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I have to work at 3:00, but I should be able to draft at least 80%-90% of my team before I have to go. I'm going to go shower and eat lunch now, so I'll have close to a full two hours to draft.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaaand accepted

Old 03-07-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Well, we can't get a draft time today, so we can either try and draft sometime during the week or next weekend.

Commie, I know you said you had a bunch of leagues already so if you want to be removed from the league I can do that for you, either way I appreciate you stepping up and trying to save the scheduled draft time for us.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

if youre moving the draft back, keep me as an alternate if you cant find another by the time you start it.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO iras right now at GF!!!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

I'd prefer during the week rather than weekends. I can probably do either though. The only day I can't do it this week is Thursday.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer to have it during the week as well. Wednesday night would be great.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It would have to be after 10 PM EST for me to do it.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depending when Wednesday night, I won't be able to make it. Thursday is pushing it as well.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nobody said tthe draft was today. I told everyone I wouldn't be home all day Saturday and then all of a sudden the draft time was announced while I was gone. What was I supposed to do?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft would have to be after 9pm eastern on weeksdays for me.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote