Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 04-04-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the top 3 prospects in baseball according to BA are in the NL. We just couldnt take Heyward here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well the top 3 prospects in baseball according to BA are in the NL. We just couldnt take Heyward here.
Well yeah, I meant the eligible ones for this draft. Montero, Smoak, Santana, and Ackley are the guys I was referring to for the AL. And I didn't want to touch Bumgarner with a 10 foot pole.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well yeah, I meant the eligible ones for this draft. Montero, Smoak, Santana, and Ackley.
Countered with Alvarez, Strasburg, Posey, and Stanton. Pretty even to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Countered with Alvarez, Strasburg, Posey, and Stanton. Pretty even to me.
And they were all picked. I'm not trying to make this an AL/NL thing. We know who wins that anway. Where I was drafting I just had to go further down the prospect list because of AL guys and the top NL guys gone already. But I liked Brown there. And it pisses off a Philly fan which makes me happy too.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
And they were all picked. I'm not trying to make this an AL/NL thing. We know who wins that anway. Where I was drafting I just had to go further down the prospect list because of AL guys and the top NL guys gone already. But I liked Brown there. And it pisses off a Philly fan which makes me happy too.
Then it's all good.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What makes me more mad is that he should be starting right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There are only 3 bench spots in this league?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-04-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GF already selected Mike Stanton
Old 04-04-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I guess "Mike Sanders" confused me. I'll take Chapman.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh, I guess "Mike Sanders" confused me. I'll take Chapman.
Oops didn't realize I did that.

TJ's up.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK so we have these players for this year and beyond or just this year?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
OK so we have these players for this year and beyond or just this year?
This year and beyond, unless they graduate to the majors, then you'd have to keep them with one of your 15 keepers.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you.

So if a guy comes up in the middle of the year and then for some reason goes back down and finishes the season in the minors then what?

On another note - I wasn't the one doing the bidding for half of the auction so there a bunch of players on my team I'd like to trade. The only players on my team that I don't want to trade are Panda, A-Ram, Reyes, Cargo, Coghlan, and Qualls. Anyone else can be had - offer up on PMs.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Thank you.

So if a guy comes up in the middle of the year and then for some reason goes back down and finishes the season in the minors then what?

On another note - I wasn't the one doing the bidding for half of the auction so there a bunch of players on my team I'd like to trade. The only players on my team that I don't want to trade are Panda, A-Ram, Reyes, Cargo, Coghlan, and Qualls. Anyone else can be had - offer up on PMs.
If a guy comes up, you have to drop someone off your regular team roster to make room for them. If they are sent back down you can put them back on your prospect list. But if they are on your regular team roster by the end of the year, you MUST count them in your 15 keepers, if you want to keep them that is.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
This year and beyond, unless they graduate to the majors, then you'd have to keep them with one of your 15 keepers.
BF changed his league to 12 keepers. Is that something we will do here?

Also, was it always the intent to just have 3 bench players? BF's league has 5. Should we extend the draft manually here for 3 more rounds? We could go in reverse order of the Minor League draft. I think that would be fair if you wanted to do that.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we have a clock?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Donovan Tate is so young but I hope we keep this league for a while.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What's the deal on the add/drops that have happened so far? Are they all legit?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How exactly does FA work in this league?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What's the deal on the add/drops that have happened so far? Are they all legit?
It would be easier to just keep the moves that have been made so far, but if anyone feels like they missed out on something because of something I said, I will wipe them all clean.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How exactly does FA work in this league?
you get your set amount of money for the season, you can bid on FA's and each week there is a deadline, whoever bid the most for a FA gets him.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

How do you know someone else bid for a FA?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-05-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't think you get to see that. Which makes this extremely difficult to guess on how much to bid. I assume that's why there is a waiver tie breaker to break the tie on same bid amounts.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You can't see, which I can't control but I think it makes it interesting.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
It would be easier to just keep the moves that have been made so far, but if anyone feels like they missed out on something because of something I said, I will wipe them all clean.
Is our draft like BF's league? Where you can add Major league players now in the Minor League player draft? If so, then yeah, I think you should wipe them clean.